parents of pregnant 16 year old daughter in michigan

Old September 4th 06, 07:28 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

Default parents of pregnant 16 year old daughter in michigan

On 4 Sep 2006 08:52:43 -0700, "shari"
wrote:

only reason why she got pregnant is because my 18 year old daughter did
and the 16 year old figured id kick out the 18 year old who helps pay
bills....she refuses to get a job and refuses to clean house ..i had to
pay her court fines ..for when she was put on probation for skipping
school and shes suppose to pay me back but she wont because she says
she dont have to do anything this is another reason why i want her to
move out when her kid is born because i cant pay for her and her
kid.plus she wants me to quit my job ..

I still recommend some counseling. You keep referring to the baby as
"her kid". Like it our not, that baby is your grandchild.
And why would her wanting you to quit your job be such an issue?? You
don't have to quit a job just because she wants you to!
Does she want an instant babysitter? Then don't let her take
advantage of you.
But to kick her out on the street with your grandchild, has the
potential to cause far more problems than you think you'll solve.

Nan
Old September 4th 06, 07:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On 4 Sep 2006 06:30:59 -0700, "shari"
wrote:

you guys dont have a daughter who thinks everyone should quit their
jobs to raise her kid she wont even get a job. she claims NO rules
apply to her...so before you start to preach to me about "counseling"
maybe you should know more facts. this is a situation way beyond the
counseling stage. she needs to be out on her own. thats why im trying
to find out this information.

Nobody is "preaching". We're suggesting you look down a different
road in an effort to avoid the severe pitfalls that would accompany
kicking her out.

If you're in Michigan, there are numerous programs you can get your
daughter involved in. Medicaid, food stamps, TANF, WIC, and other
programs that will help her get trained for, and find a job.

You might not have a legal responsibility, but I honestly believe you
have a moral responsibility to your daughter.

Nan
Old September 4th 06, 07:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Dagny

"shari" wrote in message
ups.com...
can someone tell me , if the parents of a pregnant 16 year old teen are
responsible for her and the baby after the baby is born?

http://courts.co.calhoun.mi.us/questjuv.htm seems to have many answers to
related questions. I gather from a quick overview that you are probably
responsible for supporting her, but that you may do so out of your home.
For example, you might offer her a placement in some kind of group home or
boarding school situation that you would pay for if you wanted her out of
the house. If she does not comply with your wishes or orders as a parent
with the right to control your child, perhaps you would seek assistance from
the juvenile court, explaining that she is an unruly minor. Certainly with
the obligation to support does not come your daughter's right to determine
in exactly what manner she is supported and the terms of her living and
educational arrangements. The very reason you have an obligation to support
her is that she is considered in some way incompetent at this age. Do seek
legal advice to determine the applicable law and how it applies to your
situation.

-- Dagny

Old September 4th 06, 07:49 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
shari

she wants someone to raise the baby for her.she dont want to change
diapers or feed it all she wants to be able to say is its her and she
wants "grandma" to raise it...and plus i warned her not to have kids
because she would have to take on the responsibility...ive even told
her to give it to my oldest daughter who cant have kids. and shes been
through counseling and angermanagement and she thinks its all a game
Nan, i really do appreciate your feedback, but its hard for me to
convey in 1 short paragraph what this child has put me through for 16
years. I can go into the time she knocked my teeth out, i can go into
the time she through my oldest daughter down a flight of stairs, I can
go into the stealing she does from me on a regular basis, but its hard
to in a short paragraph. SHE made an adult decision against my wishes
to get pregnant, now i want her to move on . its time for her to find
out what being an adult and making adult decisions is all about.

Old September 4th 06, 08:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betrtimes

shari wrote:
you guys dont have a daughter who thinks everyone should quit their
jobs to raise her kid she wont even get a job. she claims NO rules
apply to her...so before you start to preach to me about "counseling"
maybe you should know more facts. this is a situation way beyond the
counseling stage. she needs to be out on her own. thats why im trying
to find out this information.

another MOO that never should have crotch dropped......

and a second generation MOO fixing to drop

Old September 4th 06, 08:50 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
betrtimes

shari wrote:
only reason why she got pregnant is because my 18 year old daughter
did and the 16 year old figured id kick out the 18 year old who helps
pay bills....she refuses to get a job and refuses to clean house ..i
had to pay her court fines ..for when she was put on probation for
skipping school and shes suppose to pay me back but she wont because
she says she dont have to do anything this is another reason why i
want her to move out when her kid is born because i cant pay for her
and her kid.plus she wants me to quit my job ..

Monkey see, Monkey do

the story gets better.....

you got 2 MOO daugters, and their little Snotleighs

Old September 4th 06, 10:20 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On 4 Sep 2006 11:49:05 -0700, "shari"
wrote:

[...]

Okay, I get that it's frustrating for you.

So, she went against your "wishes", whatever that's supposed to mean.
The fact is, she's now pregnant with *your* grandchild.

Yes, she made an adult decision. However, she's not an adult. She's
very immature, and you're talking practically turning your back on
her, from what I gather from your posts.

Help her become independent. That doesn't mean YOU have to raise the
baby. It doesn't mean YOU have to quit your job. Find out what
resources are in your area, and get her out there to get the
assistance she is going to need.

Nan

Old September 5th 06, 08:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Denise~*

shari wrote:
[...]

Wow, I'd be inclined to get legal custody of the baby, kick her out &^
then give the baby up for adoption.
Old September 6th 06, 12:14 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
deja.blues

"shari" wrote in message
ups.com...
she wants someone to raise the baby for her.

Then she should consider placing the baby for adoption.