Reaching the Heights

Old June 13th 08, 07:11 AM
Surber12 Surber12 is offline
Junior Member

Default Reaching the Heights

In 1981, when Eugene Lang offered every student graduating from high school in his alma-mater, the full payment of college tuition fee, the results were unexpected. The drop out rates of the school dipped with 90% of the sixth graders graduating from high school, and 60% going to college. This remarkable accomplishment led to the creation of the ‘I Have a Dream’ Foundation, which has ever since expanded to more than sixty chapters across the country and served over 14,000 Dreamers.

Dallas became the first city outside of New York to adopt the ‘I have a Dream’ program. Founded in 1986, I Have a Dream Foundation - Dallas has ‘adopted’ more than 750 Dreamers in Dallas. The dreamers of Dallas have made it to some of the most prestigious colleges of the world which include Southern Methodist University, Dallas Baptist University, The University of Dallas, University of North Texas, Texas Woman's University, Grambling State University, University of Houston, Prairie View A&M University, Texas Southern University, Rice University, Langston University, California School of the Arts, Julliard College, Dillard University, Texas A&M-Commerce, Navarro College, Sarah Lawrence, George Washington University, the University of Texas and many more.

The board of directors at the IHAD-Dallas has many dignitaries including David Disiere of the Deep South Surplus of Texas, Helen M. Dorsey, Dr. Pepper/Seven Up Inc. James W. Loose Galloway-James Inc. and others. While the I Have a Dream foundation has experienced tremendous success since its inception in September of 1986, its continued existence is dependent upon the support of individuals, corporations and organizations in the Dallas towards the mission of the ‘I Have a Dream’ Foundation

Reaching out from grave to hit me again. Jon Child Support 8 July 18th 05 04:09 AM
reaching arachne Pregnancy 3 March 11th 05 02:42 PM
reaching up high? Christine Pregnancy 4 November 21st 03 08:19 PM
Reaching adulthood is daunting prospect for foster children Wex Wimpy Twins & Triplets 1 June 26th 03 05:08 AM