cloth diapers

Old March 8th 04, 01:14 AM
Small Haul

Default cloth diapers

I was recently asked the question if I knew where (soon to have a baby
woman) could get cloth diapers. I couldn't tell here where to go other than
to the wally worlds and the target's. She said that she has checked there
and they don't carry them. Only disposable one. When my wife and I raised
our kids, they all wore cloth diapers. Does anyone out there know where she
could find these diapers? Also any info on which ones are the best one?
Thanks for any imput.

Old March 8th 04, 02:50 AM
Shelly

"Small Haul" woldATimtDOTnet wrote in message
I was recently asked the question if I knew where (soon to have a baby
woman) could get cloth diapers. I couldn't tell here where to go other

than
to the wally worlds and the target's. She said that she has checked there
and they don't carry them. Only disposable one. When my wife and I raised
our kids, they all wore cloth diapers. Does anyone out there know where

she
could find these diapers? Also any info on which ones are the best one?
Thanks for any imput.

Not sure where you are located, but I think most Toys R Us carry prefolds
and gerber plastic pants, which are the diapers I remember growing up.

However, there are a lot more choices if your friend is willing to shop
online. You can get much better quality prefolds online (Chinese prefolds
and Indian prefolds), velcro wrap covers, fitted diapers (that snap around
baby so you don't need pins), all-in-ones (a one-piece diaper that works
like a disposible, but is washable), and many others.

www.diaperpin.com is a really good resource for researching out the diapers
that are available online, as well as different retailers. I bought all of
my diapers at www.naturalbabies.com, and would highly recommend them. The
quality of the diapers is excellent, the prices are good, service is
terrific, and shipping is reasonable (a flat fee of $3.95).

Best of luck!
-Michelle
edd 3/14/04

Old March 8th 04, 03:06 AM
Chotii

"Small Haul" woldATimtDOTnet wrote in message
I was recently asked the question if I knew where (soon to have a baby
woman) could get cloth diapers. I couldn't tell here where to go other

than
to the wally worlds and the target's. She said that she has checked there
and they don't carry them. Only disposable one. When my wife and I raised
our kids, they all wore cloth diapers. Does anyone out there know where

she
could find these diapers? Also any info on which ones are the best one?
Thanks for any imput.

Oh my. Now this is a question!

What kind of cloth diapers does the woman want? Birdseye squares? Terry
squares? Prefolds? Fitted? All-in-one? What kinds of covers?

If she wants to buy them at a brick-and-mortar store, I'm afraid I can't
help you. Most businesses I know of that sell *quality* diapers are found on
the Internet. There *was* a local (Seattle area) store called Absolutely
Diapers, but I believe it closed down, and the only remaining store by that
name is in Vancouver, BC Canada.

Go to 'google.com' and type in 'cloth diapers'. There are all KINDS of
links. Barring that, try www.borntolove.com, www.motherease.com (these are
what I have used for 6 years), www.orangestarfish.com (for new and used
cloth diapers)....oh, man, there are LOTS of them. If she wants to use
prefolds, I highly recommend purchasing Chinese cotton prefold diapers -
they're worth the extra money by all reports. Don't waste your money with
the cheapo kind at Target, Fred Meyer, Walmart, or any other store like
that, where the diapers have 'absorbent pad' in the center. The minimal
savings per diaper will be offset rapidly with unhappiness with the choice.

Then of course there are the covers...polyurethane-laminated (PUL),
velcro-close, snap-close, wool, polyester fleece....no pins necessary for a
lot of these. These are not the diapers you remember. And they're not rubber
pants either. It's an amazing world of diaper possibilities now, if you don
't want to use disposables, or only want to use them part time.

--angela

Old March 8th 04, 05:35 AM
Michelle J. Haines

In article , "Small Haul"
woldATimtDOTnet says...
I was recently asked the question if I knew where (soon to have a baby
woman) could get cloth diapers. I couldn't tell here where to go other than
to the wally worlds and the target's. She said that she has checked there
and they don't carry them. Only disposable one. When my wife and I raised
our kids, they all wore cloth diapers. Does anyone out there know where she
could find these diapers? Also any info on which ones are the best one?
Thanks for any imput.

There are a lot of places to get them on-line.

Try www.earthbaby.com to start.

Michelle
Flutist

--
Drift on a river, That flows through my arms
Drift as I'm singing to you
Old March 8th 04, 11:07 AM
Donna

"Small Haul" woldATimtDOTnet wrote in message
I was recently asked the question if I knew where (soon to have a baby
woman) could get cloth diapers. I couldn't tell here where to go other

than
to the wally worlds and the target's. She said that she has checked there
and they don't carry them. Only disposable one. When my wife and I raised
our kids, they all wore cloth diapers. Does anyone out there know where

she
could find these diapers? Also any info on which ones are the best one?
Thanks for any imput.

I know that Target carries them - I've bought them there. Babies R Us also
carries them.

I'll leave it to someone else to tell you which are the best to buy, as I
use mine mainely for dusting right now.

Donna

Old March 8th 04, 06:08 PM
Jill

"Donna" wrote
I know that Target carries them - I've bought them there. Babies R Us

also
carries them.

Yes, I have seen packs of them at Target and Wal-Mart; I think it's mainly
Gerber brand. Babies R Us online has them, too...I don't know how good they
are though.

Old March 8th 04, 06:34 PM
Denise Anderson

"Small Haul" woldATimtDOTnet wrote in message
I was recently asked the question if I knew where (soon to have a baby
woman) could get cloth diapers. I couldn't tell here where to go other

than
to the wally worlds and the target's. She said that she has checked there
and they don't carry them. Only disposable one. When my wife and I raised
our kids, they all wore cloth diapers. Does anyone out there know where

she
could find these diapers? Also any info on which ones are the best one?
Thanks for any imput.

I got mine off E-bay. I know we have them in the JC Penney catalog for
reasonable prices, as well. I've found some good quality ones at Babies R
Us and Target, but they usually don't carry the diaper service quality ones.

Denise

Old March 8th 04, 09:20 PM
Shelly

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message
I've found some good quality ones at Babies R
Us and Target, but they usually don't carry the diaper service quality

ones.

....which reminds me... if you have a diaper service in the area, you could
contact them, too, to see if they have extras to sell. I've heard you can
sometimes get a good deal that way...

-Michelle

Old March 8th 04, 10:47 PM
H Schinske

Jill wrote:

Yes, I have seen packs of them at Target and Wal-Mart; I think it's mainly
Gerber brand. Babies R Us online has them, too...I don't know how good they
are though.

The Gerber birdseye ones (which are what one usually sees) are utter crap. They
don't even make good dusters. I had a bunch of Gerber diapers that were called
"diaper service quality," and they were pretty good, not quite as nice as some
of the ones you can get online, but at least usable.

If you can find a diaper service, I recommend using one for at least a month or
two to start out. It gives you a good feel for how cloth diapering works.

--Helen

WTB: Paying Top Dollar for Kushies Diapers / Kooshies Cuddlers or other cloth diapers Crystal Hall General 2 August 1st 04 12:02 AM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
place to buy cloth diapers? marty Pregnancy 5 August 10th 03 05:19 AM
Cloth Diapers Phoebe & Allyson General 2 August 4th 03 07:39 AM
washing cloth diapers Jen Pregnancy 5 July 24th 03 05:56 PM