green poop

Old July 10th 03, 06:11 PM
jake's mom

Default green poop

What does an occassional green poop mean? I've read too much foremilk-not
enough hindmilk but DS only eats from one breast per feeding. Should I
stretch that out to 2 feedings? He had one green stringy poopy diaper
yesterday and one today. The other 4 or so poops he has everyday are normal
yellow and seedy. He has been particularly fussy yesterday and so far
today. I haven't eaten anything different that I can think of. Thanks for
any input.

Robin
Jakob (7 weeks tomorrow)

Old July 12th 03, 06:18 AM
Jen

Phoebe & Allyson wrote in news:3F0DD2FA.3040206
@mailbolt.com:

jake's mom wrote:

What does an occassional green poop mean?

According to Sears' Baby Book, nothing. Caterpillar has one
now and then, and since it doesn't bother her and doesn't
seem related to how much foremilk she might have gotten, I
try not to let it bother me.

She was really fussy the last few days, which seemed to be a
combination of growth spurt, overtiredness and gas. Since I
hadn't eaten anything new lately, I tried a cup of
fennel-seed tea, and she's been back to her normal mellow
self. No telling if it's just coincidence, but I had
another cup today, just in case.

Phoebe
and the Very Hungry Caterpillar, 5/31/03

Does growth spurt make baby fussy?
Old July 12th 03, 11:27 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Jen wrote:

Does growth spurt make baby fussy?

I think it made my baby fussy, but because of us-specific
factors. Her really bad day was one we went to the office,
so I wasn't carrying her around all day. Which meant that
instead of me trying to feed her the moment she peeped,
someone else tried to soothe her without feeding. Since she
doesn't normally have to cry to be fed, she'll often cry
"mad" instead of "hungry," so it was taking me a long time
to figure out that she might want to eat, especially since
she'd just eaten.

We ended up taking the next work day off, which meant 3 days
in a row sitting at home doing nothing but nursing. She was
much less fussy then.

Phoebe

Green tea Wendy Pregnancy 17 July 9th 04 03:46 PM
Why I bother posting to usenet... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 3 May 31st 04 05:36 AM
Gray poop? Phoebe & Allyson Pregnancy 8 May 18th 04 04:16 PM
New Mom Question: What does Green Poop mean? Karen Askey General 6 August 14th 03 03:03 PM
Green poop for over a week Astromum Breastfeeding 2 July 10th 03 06:16 AM