5 Year Old Child - Discovered Small lump on Back of Head

Old January 10th 07, 06:30 PM posted to misc.kids
Billy

Default 5 Year Old Child - Discovered Small lump on Back of Head

The lump is getting flatter. What I find interesting is that not once
has anyone replied and said that they think it could be a bump from
injury.

I'm not complaining - I thank you all for your input, this is a great
caring group, but I just think that maybe we were lead into the lymph
node thing forgetting that I mentioned she hit her head on the table
just a week ago.

I need to review with a doctor to be sure, but is it that nobody thinks
that a slight bump to the head the right way would cause a hard small
lump, or is it that it should not last a week's time, etc?

Just curious.

Anne Rogers wrote:
difficult to know, could be a number of things, most of which would be
benign, I disagree with Jeff on the possibility of it being a lymph node,
I've had lumps in lymph nodes and they don't feel like you describe and I'm
pretty sure there isn't one in that location, if you have problems with one,
doctors tend to examine all possible locations and that has never been one
they've prodded. I do agree though that it's worth a trip to the doctor,
even if it was related to the fall, it doesn't seem to be on the normal line
of healing, the actually bumps tend to go pretty fast.

Let us know how you get on.

Anne

Old January 10th 07, 07:58 PM posted to misc.kids
JennP.

"Billy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The lump is getting flatter. What I find interesting is that not once
has anyone replied and said that they think it could be a bump from
injury.

I'm not complaining - I thank you all for your input, this is a great
caring group, but I just think that maybe we were lead into the lymph
node thing forgetting that I mentioned she hit her head on the table
just a week ago.

I need to review with a doctor to be sure, but is it that nobody thinks
that a slight bump to the head the right way would cause a hard small
lump, or is it that it should not last a week's time, etc?

Just curious.

Bring the kid to the doctor for goodness' sake. You are asking medical
advice on your child on a newsgroup? We gave you our *opinions*, but in
addition to those opinions, every single one of us suggested to take the kid
to the doctor.

JennP.

Old January 10th 07, 08:55 PM posted to misc.kids
Darth Breather

JennP. wrote:

Bring the kid to the doctor for goodness' sake. You are asking medical
advice on your child on a newsgroup? We gave you our *opinions*, but in
addition to those opinions, every single one of us suggested to take the kid
to the doctor.

JennP.

And we cant evn see the bump.
This is branestorming not diagnossis. Take the kid to a doc it cd be
anything.

But I figurred if it was an injury bump you wd reconise it. Most peple
do becoz they had one some time or tother.

Old January 10th 07, 10:40 PM posted to misc.kids
Chris

Billy wrote:
The lump is getting flatter. What I find interesting is that not once
has anyone replied and said that they think it could be a bump from
injury.

I think people were responding to your remark that:
"We first thought this may be the result of her bumping her head on a
table recently.." implying that YOU no longer thought that was the
cause.

Then later in your first post you ask "Has anyone seen this on the back
of their child's head, or anyone? Could this be a normal development
abnormality? " Again, the sense is that you wanted to know what,
besides an injury, could cause such an injury.

Chris

Old January 10th 07, 10:42 PM posted to misc.kids
Cathy Kearns

"Billy" wrote in message
oups.com...
The lump is getting flatter. What I find interesting is that not once
has anyone replied and said that they think it could be a bump from
injury.

I'm not complaining - I thank you all for your input, this is a great
caring group, but I just think that maybe we were lead into the lymph
node thing forgetting that I mentioned she hit her head on the table
just a week ago.

Excellent example of why usenet groups, or the internet in general, should
never take the place of a visit to a doctor. On the internet are lots of
very knowledgable and well meaning people. But sometimes seeing people,
with know qualifications, live just cannot be replaced.

Old January 11th 07, 05:39 PM posted to misc.kids
Billy

I think this reponse was mis-interpreted. Sorry for the confusion. I
was just asking why anyone thought this may *not* be an injury bump.
Maybe I now see why because of the way I phrased the question.

I'm not looking for replacement doctors opinions. Jeez, I'd be a
horrible father if I took the advice of the internet and applied it
over a doctors advice.

Just trying to hear from experienced parents on their own experiences -
thats all, not a diagnosis - and that I thank you all for providing
that!

Cathy Kearns wrote:
oups.com...