Sickness bug :o(

Old July 11th 03, 07:23 PM
andrea

Default Sickness bug :o(

All of my kids have had a sickness bug, and now I have it. I cannot keep
anything down not even water, and after breastfeeding Kam I feel worse.
It's been 12 hours so far. Will this affect the breastfeeding? and will I be
ok as I am dehydrating?

Thanks for your help.

--
Andrea mom of -
Peter 7, Ellie 5, Alden 3, Joseph 21 mths & little munchie man Kamron 4

Old July 11th 03, 07:54 PM
Astromum

andrea wrote:
All of my kids have had a sickness bug, and now I have it.

{{{{Andrea}}}}

If you cannot hold down even water, it may indeed affect your
supply. Have you tried calming down your stomach with herbal
tea? Chamomille and fennel are both excellent for that. Drink
it lukewarm in very small sips and stop if you don't feel OK
with it. In general, try drinking very small sips at a time
instead of a whole cup at once.

You may notice a dip in your supply, but if you are feeling
better within 24h, it should come right back as soon as you
start drinking again. Kamron should be fine, he probably has
antibodies in his system already through your milk. Nurse as
often as you can if you get the impression he is not getting
enough milk. You may feel a little 'empty', but there may be
more milk than you expect.

Get well soon!

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 11th 03, 10:19 PM
andrea

"Rosie" wrote in message I had this last weekend. It was AWFUL.

I noticed a dip in supply for about 48 hours. I was sick/vomiting for

about
18 hours.

I just put DD to the breast ALL THE TIME basically. I wanted her to get

as
many antibodies as possible and as much fluid as possible, in case she
came down with it (she didn't!!!).

Make sure you drink all the time - not loads of water, just sips to keep
your mouth wet. That really helped me. I found her sippy cup was nice,
filled with ice-water. Then I didn't even have to sit up, I could drink

on
my back.

Lots of love
ROSIE

Thanks Rosie, I hate these bugs! With having 3 kids in school, the kids tend
to bring a bug home every few months or so.
I have managed to keep a little water down, but as I hadn't eaten all day,
and was shaky from low sugar, I broke my rule (no coke), and had a can! I
feel really boosted. So far so good, no more sick. )

--
Andrea mom of -
Peter 7, Ellie 5, Alden 3, Joseph 21 mths & little munchie man Kamron 5

Old July 11th 03, 10:23 PM
andrea

Astromum" wrote in message ... andrea wrote:
All of my kids have had a sickness bug, and now I have it.

{{{{Andrea}}}}

If you cannot hold down even water, it may indeed affect your
supply. Have you tried calming down your stomach with herbal
tea? Chamomille and fennel are both excellent for that. Drink
it lukewarm in very small sips and stop if you don't feel OK
with it. In general, try drinking very small sips at a time
instead of a whole cup at once.

I don't have any at home. (, but will pick some up ready for next time.

You may notice a dip in your supply, but if you are feeling
better within 24h, it should come right back as soon as you
start drinking again. Kamron should be fine, he probably has
antibodies in his system already through your milk. Nurse as
often as you can if you get the impression he is not getting
enough milk. You may feel a little 'empty', but there may be
more milk than you expect.

I managed to keep down a little water, and a whole can of coke! I stopped

drinking the stuff due to all the caffine and rubbish in it, but let myself
off this once. It boosted my sugar levels and stopped my shaking.

Get well soon!

Thanks! I am starting to perk up already, and Kamron seems to be ok so

far.

--

"

Old July 12th 03, 10:59 AM
Tine Andersen

"andrea" skrev i en meddelelse
All of my kids have had a sickness bug, and now I have it. I cannot keep
anything down not even water, and after breastfeeding Kam I feel worse.
It's been 12 hours so far. Will this affect the breastfeeding? and will I

be
ok as I am dehydrating?

Try Coca Cola - it sometimes stays down.

Drink one sip - 5 mins pause - one sip. Repeat. It may stay down then.

There is a truly disgusting blend of boiled water, salt and sugar which
should have exactly the same composition as the water inside you - it should
stay down when nothing else does. I don't recall the exact measures -
anyone??

You have to have some fluid someway.

Tine, Denmark

Old July 12th 03, 05:46 PM
Sara

andrea wrote:

All of my kids have had a sickness bug, and now I have it. I cannot keep
anything down not even water, and after breastfeeding Kam I feel worse.
It's been 12 hours so far. Will this affect the breastfeeding? and will I be
ok as I am dehydrating?

Uh-oh -- I can't keep anything _up_. Do you think the newsgroup is
infested?

--
Sara, living on rice

I check this e-mail account infrequently