Anyone remember this article in Parents or Parenting magazine?

Old January 29th 04, 04:29 PM

Default Anyone remember this article in Parents or Parenting magazine?

A few months ago, I read a quick little snippet in either Parents or
Parenting magazine on 'hot' names for 2004. It was just a little box with
some names that they were predicting were going to be popular. I believe
it was probably an October/November/December issue. I remember that a
couple of the names were Oscar and Homer. Does anyone remember this and
know for sure which magazine it's in? I need it to show to someone.

Thanks,
Manda
Old January 29th 04, 06:37 PM
Cheryl S.

wrote in message ...
A few months ago, I read a quick little snippet in either
Parents or Parenting magazine on 'hot' names for 2004.
It was just a little box with some names that they were
predicting were going to be popular. snip
Does anyone remember this and
know for sure which magazine it's in?

Yes I get Parents but do not read Parenting, and I remember what you're
talking about so it must be Parents.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 10 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old January 29th 04, 09:29 PM

Cheryl S. wrote:
wrote in message ...
A few months ago, I read a quick little snippet in either
Parents or Parenting magazine on 'hot' names for 2004.
It was just a little box with some names that they were
predicting were going to be popular. snip
Does anyone remember this and
know for sure which magazine it's in?

Yes I get Parents but do not read Parenting, and I remember what you're
talking about so it must be Parents.

Thanks! That's gives me a starting point at least!

Manda

Old January 29th 04, 10:50 PM
just me

wrote in message ...
Cheryl S. wrote:
wrote in message ...
A few months ago, I read a quick little snippet in either
Parents or Parenting magazine on 'hot' names for 2004.
It was just a little box with some names that they were
predicting were going to be popular. snip
Does anyone remember this and
know for sure which magazine it's in?

Yes I get Parents but do not read Parenting, and I remember what you're
talking about so it must be Parents.

Thanks! That's gives me a starting point at least!

When you find it would you share the predictions?

-Aula, curious

Old January 30th 04, 12:15 AM
Mamma Mia

wrote in message ...
A few months ago, I read a quick little snippet in either Parents or
Parenting magazine on 'hot' names for 2004. It was just a little box with
some names that they were predicting were going to be popular. I believe
it was probably an October/November/December issue. I remember that a
couple of the names were Oscar and Homer. Does anyone remember this and
know for sure which magazine it's in? I need it to show to someone.

Thanks,
Manda

if you need it to stop someone from calling their kid homer - well, i will
try very hard to help. if we can save but one child......

those darn simpsons have wrecked it for greek families everywhere!

christine

Old January 30th 04, 01:41 AM
Cheryl S.

"just me" wrote in message
. com...
When you find it would you share the predictions?

I know one of them was Jaden. ;-)

Old January 30th 04, 01:43 AM
dejablues

Awww..think the Iliad. Oscar might get to be popular because of the
increasing number of Hispanic people in the US.

Old January 30th 04, 02:33 AM
just me

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
"just me" wrote in message
. com...
When you find it would you share the predictions?

I know one of them was Jaden. ;-)

Did you pick Jaden before or after you found it might be in the top 10? We
picked DS' name thinking no one was using that name. Ha! In the top ten
for that year [and that year only!]

-Aula

Old January 30th 04, 03:12 AM
Cheryl S.

"just me" wrote in message
. com...
Did you pick Jaden before or after you found it might be
in the top 10? We picked DS' name thinking no one was
using that name. Ha! In the top ten for that year [and that
year only!]

We first saw the name on the SSA top 100 names for 2002 (it was #45) so
we knew it was popular. Despite its popularity, I only ever found one
baby name book that had it as an entry. I initially didn't want a
'trendy' name, but I couldn't find any other name that DH liked even
remotely as much, and before long the name had grown on me enough that I
stopped looking for another name.

Old January 30th 04, 01:21 PM

Mamma Mia wrote:

wrote in message ...
A few months ago, I read a quick little snippet in either Parents or
Parenting magazine on 'hot' names for 2004. It was just a little box with
some names that they were predicting were going to be popular. I believe
it was probably an October/November/December issue. I remember that a
couple of the names were Oscar and Homer. Does anyone remember this and
know for sure which magazine it's in? I need it to show to someone.

Thanks,
Manda

if you need it to stop someone from calling their kid homer - well, i will
try very hard to help. if we can save but one child......

Actually, my son's name was on the list (Holden), but I've yet to ever
hear of anyone with the same name. The name has stayed pretty steady in
the 400s on the top 1000 baby names list from the SSA. I've been told that
there may be more Holdens soon because there is somebody on a soap opera
or something.

Manda