Idea opinions wanted!

Old July 16th 03, 04:31 PM
Mary E. Hill

Default Idea opinions wanted!

Hello all! I hope your all doing well and babies arrive soon

I have an idea that I'm wondering if you'll give me feedback about.

I am a web designer and wonder if any of you would ever consider paying
$200 - $250 for a website for your baby/family that would allow you yourself
to update the pictures, descriptions, etc. You could have as many
pages/pictures as you'd like, all in different categories that are already
set up - like birthdays, milestones, Christmas - you name it.

Using just a web browser, like Internet Explorer, you could do this after
the initial set up takes place.

You would be able to choose your own domain name - like lisamarie.com (if
it's available) and you'd be able to have like 30 different e-mail
addresses - like .

Do any of you think this is a good idea to work on - or would I just be
wasting my time to create something like this for new babies & kids?

I have a site for my kids that I do myself, but I know web design. So many
families don't.

Anyway - any opinions out there?

Thanks!

Mary
Aubrey Lee 11/26/02
Logan Alexander 03/28/00

Old July 16th 03, 04:45 PM
Plissken

"Mary E. Hill" wrote in message
Hello all! I hope your all doing well and babies arrive soon

I have an idea that I'm wondering if you'll give me feedback about.

I am a web designer and wonder if any of you would ever consider paying
$200 - $250 for a website for your baby/family that would allow you

yourself
to update the pictures, descriptions, etc. You could have as many
pages/pictures as you'd like, all in different categories that are already
set up - like birthdays, milestones, Christmas - you name it.

Personally, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a website. Then again I
get free webspace with my ISP and I've taught myself how to set up a webpage
with Netscape Composer and upload that to my ISP. Nothing fancy that's for
sure but it does the trick. I just want something very basic so friends and
relatives who are not close can see pictures of us. If I didn't have free
webspace I would probably just post pictures at yahoo or something. Domain
name does not matter to me. Then again I'm kind of cheap :-).

Nadene

Old July 16th 03, 06:13 PM
Astromum

Mary E. Hill wrote:

Anyway - any opinions out there?

Personally I wouldn't pay that much money, not with all the available
photo-sites for free and e-mail addresses you get through the internet
providers. However, your idea might be welcomed in the more professional
world of child-care. I find myself often looking up information on the
web, but found that many (if not all) daycare providers have nothing
like a website with some basics. This may very well be related to their
limited budget, but I think your prices would be well within the range
they can afford. Perhaps you could investigate by asking some of your
local daycare providers if they'd be interested.

--
-- Ilse
mom to Olaf (07/15/2002)

Old July 16th 03, 10:27 PM
==Daye==

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 11:31:03 -0400, "Mary E. Hill"
wrote:

Anyway - any opinions out there?

Personally, I wouldn't use your services, but I don't need to. I
have a domain. I learned HTML and style sheets. I do all the
design for the webpage.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Old July 17th 03, 02:42 PM
Mary E. Hill

"Linz" wrote in message

"Mary E. Hill" wrote in message
Hello all! I hope your all doing well and babies arrive soon

I have an idea that I'm wondering if you'll give me feedback about.

I am a web designer and wonder if any of you would ever consider paying
$200 - $250 for a website for your baby/family that would allow you

yourself
to update the pictures, descriptions, etc. You could have as many
pages/pictures as you'd like, all in different categories that are

already
set up - like birthdays, milestones, Christmas - you name it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't pay that for a family

website.
I wouldn't pay it for a more public website, I certainly wouldn't pay it

for
a friends and family website. Not when I can stick pics on a free website.

Are you looking for that money for /designing/ a website, or for /hosting/

website - which is the only way, I suspect, that you can say "You could

have
as many pages/pictures as you'd like" - most ISPs have a limit on the

amount
of webspace you get so there is a limit to how many pics/pages you get.

Actually that amount covers both the original design and the hosting/e-mail
accounts.

Thanks for all the answers everyone! It's been very useful

Old July 18th 03, 03:03 PM
Mary E. Hill

"Shannon" wrote in message
No i wouldnt, why pay so much when you can do it yourself for way less or
free? And you can put what you want, where you want, give it the look you
like, and not worry about the html crap if you are like me and dont know

how
to use that. You can do it for free on geocities and angelfire(i think)

and
there are other places that are cheap. So why would i pay someone i dont
know to make one when it would be so impersonal and not how i want it?

Shannon
due sept 12

Nah - you missed the whole point. It would like good and it would be
incredibly personal - you would be the one adding content on your own
without pop bs like you get on crappy angelfire & such. It would be a
quality issue.