Feeling a bit silly but...

Old May 7th 07, 12:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

Default Feeling a bit silly but...

can contractions feel like bad stomach ache?

Basically yesterday I woke up fine, but then mid-morning started getting
mild stomach ache, which just felt like normal "something not quite right"
stomach ache. After about an hour I noticed it was coming in waves spaced
about 3 minutes with a definite peak. Took gaviscon (antiacid) but didn't
effect it. I had a couple of times of feeling really sick. Gradually I got
better, and managed to eat both lunch and dinner fine. In the afternoon I
had a bit of the runs so assumed it was the tummy bug going round.
However, this morning, from about the same time, I've now got the same
thing, only this time it's under the bump rather than on top, so I'm just
beginning to wonder if it's something more.Although the pain is now more
continuous than in waves.
Baby has been very active this morning so it may just be me feeling sore!

Debbie (who's beginning to wonder whether I should have thought about
packing a hospital bag before now...?)

Old May 7th 07, 02:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Welches" wrote in message
[...]

Hm... Maybe. (trying to remember not all that long ago lol)
I was really sick the weekend (3 or so days before) DD2 was born. Had that
norovirus thing that went around. Very upset stomach. Maybe it might be
worth a call or a trip to your doc/midwife?
Pack your bags as soon as possible, just to be safe I always forgot
about that, and then I remember with DD1, N was the one that grabbed me some
clothes after I had already gone to the hospital. He came to the hospital
with my "bag" and in that, he had put some really old "pregnancy"
grannie-panties in it, along with some pj type clothes that I normally used
for bumming around, cleaning house. The underwear was what really got to
me LOL
Good luck!

Old May 7th 07, 02:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

"Welches" wrote in message
can contractions feel like bad stomach ache?

snip with respect

I had some cramps the other week that came over me in waves. I ended up
staying overnight in hospital as they thought it could be early labour
signs. Never did find out what it was and it passed after 24 hours.

I did find that I was constipated at the time and some fybrogel and fresh
orange helped solve the constipation and not had the pains since.

I'd say, grab a bag - quick, ring midwife and ask for advice, she'll
probably send you to hospital for a few tests but take a bag in case they
want to keep you in overnight to be on the safe side.

Karen
DS 25th Sept 1984 - VB 8lb 12oz (Adopted)
DS 10th Aug 1986 - VB - 9lb 13oz
DD 13th Aug 1988 - VB - 10lb 9oz
DD 28th Apr 2005 - VB - 9lb 4oz
No 5 Due June 11 2007 - it's a boy !!
--
Please sponsor my childminding toddlers for barnados big toddle 2007
http://www.justgiving.com/cliftonchildminder

Old May 7th 07, 03:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"xkatx" wrote in message

"Welches" wrote in message
[...]

I'm feeling fine now. Minorly sick, but that's how I feel during pregnancy.
:-) If I get it again (same time?) tomorrow then I'll give my midwife a
call. It's mayday holiday here today, so I don't really want to call unless
I'm really thinking something is going on. Baby's moving fine.
I probably ought to get the hospital bag packed at some point. Most of the
stuff's up in the loft, and ought to be washed too.
You reminded me of my mum's reaction when me and my sister were bought to
see my brother just after he was born in hospital. Dad had managed to find
the bag of clothes to go out-all too small, crumpled up, and in a poor
state. I think it was the bag to be thrown rather than sally-annie even. Mum
said that she was so embarrassed!
Debbie

Old May 7th 07, 03:05 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

On May 7, 6:19 am, "Welches"
wrote:
[...]

Well, the first stages of labor for me were feeling like I'd had
salmonella poisoning (I'd had chicken for dinner). I expected it to be
more like the BH contractions, but this was like a horrible GI
illness. It wasn't til 5 hrs later or so when I noticed it was coming
in regular intervals that it might be labor.

Old May 7th 07, 03:10 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Karen (LG)" wrote in message

"Welches" wrote in message
can contractions feel like bad stomach ache?

snip with respect

I had some cramps the other week that came over me in waves. I ended up
staying overnight in hospital as they thought it could be early labour
signs. Never did find out what it was and it passed after 24 hours.

I did find that I was constipated at the time and some fybrogel and fresh
orange helped solve the constipation and not had the pains since.

Funnily enough that's what I thought it was when I first got it yesterday,
particularly with the iron tablets. By midafternoon I could say it was
definitely not :-) That was when I decided it was the bug going round.

I'm going to wait and see if it comes back before I do anything else now.
Anyway I've told #3 that s/he's not allowed out for another 2 weeks yet as
I've got things to do.

Thansk:
Debbie

Old May 7th 07, 03:15 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
xkatx

"Welches" wrote in message
[...]

Hahaha the poor dads, it seems!
N brought me a bag of granny-panties and house cleaning, grubby clothes.
Forgot my tooth brush, but was so kind to remember the toothpaste. With
DD1, I remember very clearly, he came running to the hospital looking like a
hobo! It really did look like he had stayed around home and sent me off to
the hospital by myself so he could maybe rummage through the trash bins (I
cabbed it since DS was still sleeping when I didn't care to wait at home any
longer and N stayed home until my mom could come on her way to work to stay
with DS as my MIL, living next door, had already gone to work half an hour
or so earlier!) He looked like hell, actually... His hair was a mess, he
hadn't shaved for quite a few days so that made it even worse, he grabbed
whatever items of clothing that he could see that would just do the job... I
was fairly embarrassed, but I did have to laugh!! lol
It seems that babies tend to slow down with activity right before. Not sure
how true this is for everyone. I honestly can't remember LOL
IIRC, this isn't your first, right? I could be wrong, but you have an older
one around my DD1's age, I think... Although I could be totally wrong...
I've found that I always seem to "forget" what it's like, but as soon as it
happens, I felt like I knew right away. The exception was DD2 - she was a
week early and I was thinking I was going to go over with her, as I had with
all 3 previous! I was sooo sick (we all were) the Friday and Saturday
before. Sunday I started feeling a bit better (was that nasty norovirus
thing) and Monday I felt quite a bit better and even had a doc's appointment
on Monday that I was thinking I would cancel on Friday because I felt so
terrible. Felt good enough on Monday morning to go, had a lady drop me off
an infant car seat Monday afternoon as I unknowingly gave DD1's spare away
after she grew out of it and her main seat was disposed of right after the
car accident, and I never felt up to replacing it until that Monday. I woke
up Tuesday morning around 3am feeling very uncomfortable and I didn't think
it was time. Told N I was going to drive the 10 mins (at 330am) to the
hospital just to get checked out - I promised I'd be home by the time he had
to leave for work around 630 LOL

Old May 7th 07, 03:32 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"xkatx" wrote in message

snip
[...]

.

LOL. Maybe I'd better get dh some "hospital" clothes to wear as well as the
children? Lats time I left some clothes for #1 to wear to the hospital. He
did manage to ignore that and dress her in her dirty clothes from the night
before but it wasn't too bad.
It seems that babies tend to slow down with activity right before. Not
sure how true this is for everyone. I honestly can't remember LOL
IIRC, this isn't your first, right? I could be wrong, but you have an
older one around my DD1's age, I think... Although I could be totally
wrong...

My third, which is why I feel a bit silly asking the question. Both of mine
were more like back ache/period pain contractions and both came round about
on time, so 35 weeks would be a bit of a surprise.

I've found that I always seem to "forget" what it's like, but as soon as
it happens, I felt like I knew right away.

That's what I'm banking on. I don't think this is it, but it suddenly
occurred to me that it could be. Anyway I'm fine again now and dh has taken
the girls off so I'm making the most of

[...]

With my length of labours even if it is labour then it's not really
worrying. I suspect dh will probably be able to do a days work between me
starting and finishing labour. Not sure I'd let him though.
Debbie

Old May 7th 07, 03:39 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Karen \(LG\)

I've not left any guessing by DH what to bring........I've packed my cases
AND a spares case !!

If I left it to him he/d probably bring my sexy nighties and thongs !!

I've left instructions with DD1 (18) Where to find everything should I need
more.

Old May 7th 07, 03:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Karen (LG)" wrote in message
I've not left any guessing by DH what to bring........I've packed my cases
AND a spares case !!

If I left it to him he/d probably bring my sexy nighties and thongs !!

I've left instructions with DD1 (18) Where to find everything should I
need more.

That's a good thought. I bet #1 (6.5yo) would have more idea than dh on some
things.
Debbie

feeling silly! Anne Rogers Pregnancy 7 December 15th 06 12:21 AM
silly question Melissa Reeves Pregnancy 3 November 16th 05 11:03 PM
A silly thought Jeanne Clelland Breastfeeding 17 February 4th 04 10:28 PM
Feeling a little silly... (a tad graphic...sorry!) Shelly Pregnancy 6 July 30th 03 07:49 PM