Feeling a bit silly but...

Old May 7th 07, 04:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
cjra

Default Feeling a bit silly but...

On May 7, 9:39 am, "Karen \(LG\)" wrote:
I've not left any guessing by DH what to bring........I've packed my cases
AND a spares case !!

If I left it to him he/d probably bring my sexy nighties and thongs !!

I've left instructions with DD1 (18) Where to find everything should I need
more.

heh, since we didn't plan to go to hospital I didn't have anything
packed. The assistant midwife stayed behind and threw a bag together.
She did fairly well - getting what was on top which is a good bet it's
what I would normally wear. However she also packed a bag of makeup
which was on my bathroom counter. Sweet, but I almost never use it
anyway unless I'm going out for the evening, it just happened to be
there, so it seemed funny to open my bag and find makeup...last thing
I wanted to put on. Fortunately she saw my blackberry and cell phone
and brought those along.

Later when DH went home to get me some clothes, he brought what is
usually my favourite shirt, thinking I could wear it now that the baby
was out of there, but it couldn't even fit over my breasts.

Old May 7th 07, 08:42 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_2_]

can contractions feel like bad stomach ache?

yes, and the other way round, I have watched DH behaving exactly like a
women in labour and quite clearly he wasn't pregnant!

My guess is that you are having some uterine contractions, but that they
likely mean nothing, multips are more likely to get extended prelabour,
uncomfortable braxton hicks etc.

Drink some water and rest an hour, if it's stopped, great, if it's still the
same, I probably still wouldn't worry (you're 35 weeks ish?), because if it
turned out that it was anything, at this stage in pregnancy there is
probably little that can be done to either stop it, or make the outcome
better (steroids have little effect past 34 weeks). If it progresses over
that time, then you might want to get checked out.

Anne

Old May 8th 07, 10:22 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
can contractions feel like bad stomach ache?

yes, and the other way round, I have watched DH behaving exactly like a
women in labour and quite clearly he wasn't pregnant!

My guess is that you are having some uterine contractions, but that they
likely mean nothing, multips are more likely to get extended prelabour,
uncomfortable braxton hicks etc.

Drink some water and rest an hour, if it's stopped, great, if it's still
the same, I probably still wouldn't worry (you're 35 weeks ish?), because
if it turned out that it was anything, at this stage in pregnancy there is
probably little that can be done to either stop it, or make the outcome
better (steroids have little effect past 34 weeks). If it progresses over
that time, then you might want to get checked out.

Woke up this morning to more pain. Eating seems to help slightly, and moving
around seems to help too. Resting seems to set it off-each time it's started
while I've been lieing down.
I think you're probably right. If I get it again tomorrow then I think I
might nip down and see the midwife if she's a spare appointment just to ask
her.
Baby isn't allowed out yet. I want to make a sling and do a driving test
before then... I did say "pass my driving test" but dh started making
comments about the longest gestational period known to man, so I'll change
it to "failing the first time".
Debbie

Old May 8th 07, 12:41 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jeni Steers

"Welches" wrote in message

"Karen (LG)" wrote in message

"Welches" wrote in message
can contractions feel like bad stomach ache?

snip with respect

I had some cramps the other week that came over me in waves. I ended up
staying overnight in hospital as they thought it could be early labour
signs. Never did find out what it was and it passed after 24 hours.

I did find that I was constipated at the time and some fybrogel and fresh
orange helped solve the constipation and not had the pains since.

Funnily enough that's what I thought it was when I first got it yesterday,
particularly with the iron tablets. By midafternoon I could say it was
definitely not :-) That was when I decided it was the bug going round.

For my labour at 4am I thought it was constipation (iron tablets too!) but
but 8am I knew it definitely was not!

I'm going to wait and see if it comes back before I do anything else now.
Anyway I've told #3 that s/he's not allowed out for another 2 weeks yet as
I've got things to do.

Good luck!

Jeni

feeling silly! Anne Rogers Pregnancy 7 December 15th 06 12:21 AM
silly question Melissa Reeves Pregnancy 3 November 16th 05 11:03 PM
A silly thought Jeanne Clelland Breastfeeding 17 February 4th 04 10:28 PM
Feeling a little silly... (a tad graphic...sorry!) Shelly Pregnancy 6 July 30th 03 07:49 PM