Get me through the summer

Old May 17th 07, 03:22 AM posted to misc.kids
workingmom via FamilyKB.com

Default Get me through the summer

I love your answer!! That's how I am - you seem to be more tactful! LOL.
But the boy's mom is veeerrry over protective of how people talk to her
children. It makes me nuts. I will definitely try your suggestions
Thankyou

wrote:
I'm mom of three (now 9, 13 and 16), and I guess I must be a big
meanie.

Kids visiting our house from the neighbourhood get short shrift from
me when they are complaining or carrying on - I talk to them the same
way I talk to my own kids about most stuff (i.e. well, eat it or don't
eat it, but grilled cheese is what is for lunch).

I'm matter of fact, but I also tell kids who are really making an
annoying fuss to manipulate other kids, get their own way, command
attention etc. that they do have the option of going home if they
don't like what is going on - my basic stance is, well, you can work
on solving this together, but if you can't figure out a solution, your
choice is to go along with the game, or go home - continuing to stay
here and fuss is not on the list of things you can do.

Most kids smarten right up when they realize I'm serious and no one is
going to pander to them. I'm not mad at them, I don't yell or
anything, but I am really to the point and straight up. Like, gee,
Jenna, that's too bad the girls won't play the game you want them to
play, but you can come back later when you feel happier, and see if
they are playing something you do want to play.

Mary G.

summer visitation fatherforever Child Support 5 April 22nd 07 03:36 PM
Summer camp / summer school / etc Irene General 5 January 17th 07 03:50 PM
Summer Camps Hoosp General 0 January 16th 07 03:40 PM
Shape Up for Summer KDS Productions Kids Health 0 March 13th 06 03:16 PM
Summer Heat Nina Pregnancy 7 July 28th 03 02:29 PM