I've NIPped! :)

Old July 8th 03, 08:51 PM
Belphoebe

Default I've NIPped! :)

.. . . . Two days in a row!

Before this past Sunday (7/6), I'd nursed a couple of times in the
examination room at the ped, and once in the car, parked in the lot of a
rest-stop McDonald's. So I'd never really nursed "out in the open."

Sunday, DH and I were taking our daily walk with DS. We take a one-hour
walk every day, and use a stroller for DS. If he cries, we check to see if
he needs a diaper change (usually he does). Then if he resumes crying after
the diaper check/change, we put him in his carrier and I carry him the rest
of the way. Up until Sunday, this calmed him right down.

So on this Sunday walk, we'd transferred him to the pack, and he cried,
fussed, and began to root. So I took the plunge--latched him on, and he
happily nursed for about ten minutes, then fell asleep.

Monday, we were at a Borders book store. DS was, for a long time, content
to take in the sights and sounds of the bookstore. But after we'd been
there for a while, he got upset, so I nursed him (he was in my carrier
already). Since I was a little bit self-conscious about nursing there, I
went into the restroom to latch, but once I had him on, I came right out and
resumed browsing.

So, I guess I'm a NIPper now!

Belphoebe
and DS, 3/8/03 (four months old today!)

Old July 8th 03, 09:31 PM
Stephanie S

"Belphoebe" wrote in message
[...]

And a good one. I am jealous, I never mastered NIP *on the move* with DS.
Maybe this time around.

Old July 8th 03, 09:40 PM
Elana Kehoe

Belphoebe wrote:

So, I guess I'm a NIPper now!

Yay for you!! Hopefully it'll get easier and easier and become second
nature for you :-).

Old July 8th 03, 10:03 PM
Leslie

Good for you! It will get easier every time you do it. :-)

Leslie
Old July 9th 03, 04:17 AM
Corinne

CONGRATULATIONS - ENJOY!!!! :-)

Corinne

--
"Since AP parents are accused of "spoiling" their children with
responsiveness, love, understanding, patience, positive interaction,

Old July 9th 03, 08:13 PM
Cheryl S.

Belphoebe wrote in message
. . . . Two days in a row!

Congrats on NIP'ing! It will get more and more comfortable. Being able
to NIP was one of the best things about bf, for me. It was so much more
convenient than having to plan ahead and try to guess whether DD would
want to eat or not, and how much, etc., and no need to find a source of
water fast when she was hungry, or carry heavy water bottles with us.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 3 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old July 9th 03, 11:24 PM
Belphoebe

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
Belphoebe wrote in message
. . . . Two days in a row!

Congrats on NIP'ing! It will get more and more comfortable. Being able
to NIP was one of the best things about bf, for me. It was so much more
convenient than having to plan ahead and try to guess whether DD would
want to eat or not, and how much, etc., and no need to find a source of
water fast when she was hungry, or carry heavy water bottles with us.

Yes, it's great knowing I'm able to feed him no matter where we go, with no
special equipment needed.

Belphoebe

Old July 10th 03, 12:10 AM
Corinne

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Corinne

Old July 10th 03, 05:11 AM
Laurie

Belphoebe wrote in message ...
[...]

Border's was the first place I NIP's. Something about it is granola earthy
cruncy and it made me feel right at home.

Congrats BTW, good for you! I was VERY shy about NIP with Jessica but now
that I have a toddler and an infant, I have nursed just about everywhere.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, 27 months
and Christopher, 12 weeks

*This email address is now valid*