A Parenting & kids forum. ParentingBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ParentingBanter.com forum » alt.parenting » Spanking
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Laws prohibit smoking around children



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old December 4th 06, 08:45 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dragon's Girl
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 160
Default Child hating Greg exposes himself again


Greegor wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Do you smoke Betty?

No, when I smoked it was Lucky Strikes and Camels.

But I don't smoke any more...not since 76.

Is "Betty" a new "Thai Stick," or "Panama Red," or "Maui Wowee?"


Really. I've heard of 'Mary Jane', but 'Betty' is not on the list so far as
I know.


You would be the expert Betty.


Exactly how do you come to that conclusion?

  #22  
Old December 5th 06, 01:22 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,968
Default Greg? ... Child hating Greg exposes himself again

Would you say, Greg, that CPS is generally too well funded?

Can you provide some support for such and argument, or isn't it time to
admit that in fact CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?

Kane



0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Thanks Betty!


No no, thank YOU, Gagg.

And remember, it's easier to sue to force CPS to "reform."

What are Child Sexual Abuse and Incest?
Child sexual abuse is any sexual act performed with a child by an adult
or older child, with or without force or the threat of force. Child
sexual abuse is most commonly committed by someone known to the child,
including family members. In this case, the act may be considered
incest. Incest is overt and/or covert sexual contact or acts between
people who are related genetically, by marriage, by living
arrangements, or in whom a child perceives a trusting relationship, for
example parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins,
step-parents, foster parents. Incest is one of the most common forms of
child sexual abuse. It may start as seemingly innocent touching and
progress to more serious acts. It can continue for years. Other
individuals who may commit child sexual abuse include neighbors, family
friends, baby sitters, religious leaders, youth group leaders, or
others with a power advantage of any kind over the child. Child sexual
abuse may also be committed by a stranger. The acts can include:
touching or non-touching, verbal seduction or abuse, anal or vaginal
intercourse, oral sex, sodomy, manual stimulation, direct threats,
implied threats, or other forms of abuse.

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm

... How can we fix the system that failed her?

Legal Considerations

We also need to inquire about the authority of the ACS investigators.
How much power do they have? Is it enough? How far can they push an
investigation against an uncooperative parent? If search warrants or
anything similar are required, how easy are they to obtain? The Daily
News reports that Nixzmary's stepfather had a previous assault charge.
Do ACS investigators receive adequate protection when they investigate
a complaint?

What about the burden of proof ACS investigators have to meet? Is it
reasonable, or is the bar set too high? Do the ACS workers have
suggestions on changes that would make the system work more smoothly?
Is there a weak point or bottleneck somewhere in the system that we
could identify and address? ....

... Case Load

We all agree that New York City is a pretty big place. So the first
question is, how many people does ACS have on the job? Don't be
satisfied with a total; ask for details. How many investigators, how
many case workers, does ACS have on the streets? Do caseworkers do
investigations and case management, or are they separate tasks? How
much training do new caseworkers get? How much training does ACS wish
they could get?

Second question: how many active cases is ACS investigating? Again,
insist on details. How many new reports of abuse does it receive in a
month? How many ongoing cases do they have to keep up on? How many are
quick checks and how many are involved and time-consuming? What is the
average number of cases that each caseworker has to handle per week?

Usually, when you do some simple math, you find that each caseworker
has a ridiculous number of cases to fit into a regular workweek. But
we're not done! Child abuse is one of most under-reported crimes in the
world. Get some experts to make some informed estimates on how many
unreported child abuse cases exist in New York City, and think about
how to factor that into the caseworkers' workload.

After we consider all of those numbers, then we can reflect on how
likely it is that every child abuse report will get the kind of
attention it deserves. ...

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inthenews/a/Texas.htm

... This is no surprise. People who work to help abused children and
vulnerable adults have maintained for years that state funding cuts
would result in this kind of suffering, but voters and legislators
refused to listen. ...

... There is an old saying that "Quantity has a quality all its own,"
and in some ways, that applies to the challenge of protecting children
and vulnerable adults. To do a proper job, you simply need the bodies
-- the presence of trained workers -- on the street, looking,
listening, and networking. ...

... Caseloads and Quality

Think of our troops in Iraq and the job they are required to do there.
Imagine, if you will, the troops trying to do their job with only 100
American soldiers in the country. Ridiculous, right? Think of our war
on drugs, and imagine the DEA trying to do their jobs with only 50
agents in the agency. Outrageous, right?

Now. Think of our campaign against child abuse and abuse of vulnerable
adults. Imagine having so few caseworkers that each worker had to cover
seventy-four cases every month. Let me tell you -- that's outrageous.
It can't be done. But that is the current situation in Texas; a
situation that is finally being improved.

Unfortunately, the process is slow. The hiring won't be complete until
2007. When it is finished, each caseworker will have a caseload of
about 45. That sounds like a big improvement, and it is. But don't ever
forget that that is still far too high. In 1998, their caseload was 24
cases per month. National Child Welfare experts urge a caseload of 12
to 15 per month. The Texas legislators point out that no state meets
those guidelines. Tragically, they are correct. The Joint Chiefs of
Staff will tell the president how many troops we need in Iraq, and the
president will send them, but no state takes that attitude about abused
children and abused adults.

The Nature of the Job

Contrary to what you see on TV, child protection workers don't simply
swoop in and take children from their families. Whenever possible, they
leave the family intact, and work closely with them to make things
better. Many cases are due to ignorance, lack of parenting skills, lack
of resources, ignorance of conditions, and so on.

Except in the bad cases that make headlines, the goal of the Child
Protection workers is to teach the family to help itself. That takes
time, patience, and a lot of work. The caseworkers have to overcome
barriers of language, culture and attitude, and sometimes face physical
danger. But in the end, it is possible to create an intact,
self-sustaining family that is happy and free of suffering.

The Bottom Line

After so many years of discouragement, of watching legislators abandon
children and the elderly, the Texas action comes as a breath of fresh
air. They have finally acknowledged the need, and have finally faced up
to the fact that the solution will cost money.

It seems like a lot of money. And it is! But remember -- it's still not
enough.

In 1941, before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the United States had
six aircraft carriers. By the end of the war, we had more than one
hundred. We needed them, so we built them. After we had built forty
carriers, did anyone suggest that we stop? No -- we kept at it until
the job was done.

Find politicians in your state and ask them what the average caseload
is for Child Protection workers. Tell them about the experts
recommending 12 to 15 per month.

Then encourage them to keep at it until the job is done.
Updated: January 25, 2006 ...

Need I add, Gagg, that you and your cronies here in this newsgroup are
a pack of thoroughgoing LIARS!

0:-]





http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm


  #23  
Old December 5th 06, 06:12 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,243
Default Greg? ... Child hating Greg exposes himself again

Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?

Isn't it time to admit they just don't make a good enough living?

(sarcasm)



0:- wrote:
Would you say, Greg, that CPS is generally too well funded?

Can you provide some support for such and argument, or isn't it time to
admit that in fact CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?

Kane



0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Thanks Betty!


No no, thank YOU, Gagg.

And remember, it's easier to sue to force CPS to "reform."

What are Child Sexual Abuse and Incest?
Child sexual abuse is any sexual act performed with a child by an adult
or older child, with or without force or the threat of force. Child
sexual abuse is most commonly committed by someone known to the child,
including family members. In this case, the act may be considered
incest. Incest is overt and/or covert sexual contact or acts between
people who are related genetically, by marriage, by living
arrangements, or in whom a child perceives a trusting relationship, for
example parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins,
step-parents, foster parents. Incest is one of the most common forms of
child sexual abuse. It may start as seemingly innocent touching and
progress to more serious acts. It can continue for years. Other
individuals who may commit child sexual abuse include neighbors, family
friends, baby sitters, religious leaders, youth group leaders, or
others with a power advantage of any kind over the child. Child sexual
abuse may also be committed by a stranger. The acts can include:
touching or non-touching, verbal seduction or abuse, anal or vaginal
intercourse, oral sex, sodomy, manual stimulation, direct threats,
implied threats, or other forms of abuse.

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm

... How can we fix the system that failed her?

Legal Considerations

We also need to inquire about the authority of the ACS investigators.
How much power do they have? Is it enough? How far can they push an
investigation against an uncooperative parent? If search warrants or
anything similar are required, how easy are they to obtain? The Daily
News reports that Nixzmary's stepfather had a previous assault charge.
Do ACS investigators receive adequate protection when they investigate
a complaint?

What about the burden of proof ACS investigators have to meet? Is it
reasonable, or is the bar set too high? Do the ACS workers have
suggestions on changes that would make the system work more smoothly?
Is there a weak point or bottleneck somewhere in the system that we
could identify and address? ....

... Case Load

We all agree that New York City is a pretty big place. So the first
question is, how many people does ACS have on the job? Don't be
satisfied with a total; ask for details. How many investigators, how
many case workers, does ACS have on the streets? Do caseworkers do
investigations and case management, or are they separate tasks? How
much training do new caseworkers get? How much training does ACS wish
they could get?

Second question: how many active cases is ACS investigating? Again,
insist on details. How many new reports of abuse does it receive in a
month? How many ongoing cases do they have to keep up on? How many are
quick checks and how many are involved and time-consuming? What is the
average number of cases that each caseworker has to handle per week?

Usually, when you do some simple math, you find that each caseworker
has a ridiculous number of cases to fit into a regular workweek. But
we're not done! Child abuse is one of most under-reported crimes in the
world. Get some experts to make some informed estimates on how many
unreported child abuse cases exist in New York City, and think about
how to factor that into the caseworkers' workload.

After we consider all of those numbers, then we can reflect on how
likely it is that every child abuse report will get the kind of
attention it deserves. ...

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inthenews/a/Texas.htm

... This is no surprise. People who work to help abused children and
vulnerable adults have maintained for years that state funding cuts
would result in this kind of suffering, but voters and legislators
refused to listen. ...

... There is an old saying that "Quantity has a quality all its own,"
and in some ways, that applies to the challenge of protecting children
and vulnerable adults. To do a proper job, you simply need the bodies
-- the presence of trained workers -- on the street, looking,
listening, and networking. ...

... Caseloads and Quality

Think of our troops in Iraq and the job they are required to do there.
Imagine, if you will, the troops trying to do their job with only 100
American soldiers in the country. Ridiculous, right? Think of our war
on drugs, and imagine the DEA trying to do their jobs with only 50
agents in the agency. Outrageous, right?

Now. Think of our campaign against child abuse and abuse of vulnerable
adults. Imagine having so few caseworkers that each worker had to cover
seventy-four cases every month. Let me tell you -- that's outrageous.
It can't be done. But that is the current situation in Texas; a
situation that is finally being improved.

Unfortunately, the process is slow. The hiring won't be complete until
2007. When it is finished, each caseworker will have a caseload of
about 45. That sounds like a big improvement, and it is. But don't ever
forget that that is still far too high. In 1998, their caseload was 24
cases per month. National Child Welfare experts urge a caseload of 12
to 15 per month. The Texas legislators point out that no state meets
those guidelines. Tragically, they are correct. The Joint Chiefs of
Staff will tell the president how many troops we need in Iraq, and the
president will send them, but no state takes that attitude about abused
children and abused adults.

The Nature of the Job

Contrary to what you see on TV, child protection workers don't simply
swoop in and take children from their families. Whenever possible, they
leave the family intact, and work closely with them to make things
better. Many cases are due to ignorance, lack of parenting skills, lack
of resources, ignorance of conditions, and so on.

Except in the bad cases that make headlines, the goal of the Child
Protection workers is to teach the family to help itself. That takes
time, patience, and a lot of work. The caseworkers have to overcome
barriers of language, culture and attitude, and sometimes face physical
danger. But in the end, it is possible to create an intact,
self-sustaining family that is happy and free of suffering.

The Bottom Line

After so many years of discouragement, of watching legislators abandon
children and the elderly, the Texas action comes as a breath of fresh
air. They have finally acknowledged the need, and have finally faced up
to the fact that the solution will cost money.

It seems like a lot of money. And it is! But remember -- it's still not
enough.

In 1941, before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the United States had
six aircraft carriers. By the end of the war, we had more than one
hundred. We needed them, so we built them. After we had built forty
carriers, did anyone suggest that we stop? No -- we kept at it until
the job was done.

Find politicians in your state and ask them what the average caseload
is for Child Protection workers. Tell them about the experts
recommending 12 to 15 per month.

Then encourage them to keep at it until the job is done.
Updated: January 25, 2006 ...

Need I add, Gagg, that you and your cronies here in this newsgroup are
a pack of thoroughgoing LIARS!

0:-]





http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm


  #24  
Old December 5th 06, 06:21 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,968
Default Greg? ... Child hating Greg exposes himself again


Greegor wrote:
Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?


Yep.

Isn't it time to admit they just don't make a good enough living?


Not my area of expertise. Yours?


(sarcasm)


That's a lie. You meant very seriously to compare CPS to the mob, Greg.


Which makes it appear that all the facts in the world do not matter to
you. You simply will not accept the truth, and hence, you lie.

I asked, Greg, for a reasonable response to ...

"Can you provide some support for such and argument, or isn't it time
to
admit that in fact CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?"

Your dodge is an obvious admission that either you cannot, or you know
better.

Kane



0:- wrote:
Would you say, Greg, that CPS is generally too well funded?

Can you provide some support for such and argument, or isn't it time to
admit that in fact CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?

Kane



0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
Thanks Betty!

No no, thank YOU, Gagg.

And remember, it's easier to sue to force CPS to "reform."

What are Child Sexual Abuse and Incest?
Child sexual abuse is any sexual act performed with a child by an adult
or older child, with or without force or the threat of force. Child
sexual abuse is most commonly committed by someone known to the child,
including family members. In this case, the act may be considered
incest. Incest is overt and/or covert sexual contact or acts between
people who are related genetically, by marriage, by living
arrangements, or in whom a child perceives a trusting relationship, for
example parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins,
step-parents, foster parents. Incest is one of the most common forms of
child sexual abuse. It may start as seemingly innocent touching and
progress to more serious acts. It can continue for years. Other
individuals who may commit child sexual abuse include neighbors, family
friends, baby sitters, religious leaders, youth group leaders, or
others with a power advantage of any kind over the child. Child sexual
abuse may also be committed by a stranger. The acts can include:
touching or non-touching, verbal seduction or abuse, anal or vaginal
intercourse, oral sex, sodomy, manual stimulation, direct threats,
implied threats, or other forms of abuse.

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm

... How can we fix the system that failed her?

Legal Considerations

We also need to inquire about the authority of the ACS investigators.
How much power do they have? Is it enough? How far can they push an
investigation against an uncooperative parent? If search warrants or
anything similar are required, how easy are they to obtain? The Daily
News reports that Nixzmary's stepfather had a previous assault charge.
Do ACS investigators receive adequate protection when they investigate
a complaint?

What about the burden of proof ACS investigators have to meet? Is it
reasonable, or is the bar set too high? Do the ACS workers have
suggestions on changes that would make the system work more smoothly?
Is there a weak point or bottleneck somewhere in the system that we
could identify and address? ....

... Case Load

We all agree that New York City is a pretty big place. So the first
question is, how many people does ACS have on the job? Don't be
satisfied with a total; ask for details. How many investigators, how
many case workers, does ACS have on the streets? Do caseworkers do
investigations and case management, or are they separate tasks? How
much training do new caseworkers get? How much training does ACS wish
they could get?

Second question: how many active cases is ACS investigating? Again,
insist on details. How many new reports of abuse does it receive in a
month? How many ongoing cases do they have to keep up on? How many are
quick checks and how many are involved and time-consuming? What is the
average number of cases that each caseworker has to handle per week?

Usually, when you do some simple math, you find that each caseworker
has a ridiculous number of cases to fit into a regular workweek. But
we're not done! Child abuse is one of most under-reported crimes in the
world. Get some experts to make some informed estimates on how many
unreported child abuse cases exist in New York City, and think about
how to factor that into the caseworkers' workload.

After we consider all of those numbers, then we can reflect on how
likely it is that every child abuse report will get the kind of
attention it deserves. ...

http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inthenews/a/Texas.htm

... This is no surprise. People who work to help abused children and
vulnerable adults have maintained for years that state funding cuts
would result in this kind of suffering, but voters and legislators
refused to listen. ...

... There is an old saying that "Quantity has a quality all its own,"
and in some ways, that applies to the challenge of protecting children
and vulnerable adults. To do a proper job, you simply need the bodies
-- the presence of trained workers -- on the street, looking,
listening, and networking. ...

... Caseloads and Quality

Think of our troops in Iraq and the job they are required to do there.
Imagine, if you will, the troops trying to do their job with only 100
American soldiers in the country. Ridiculous, right? Think of our war
on drugs, and imagine the DEA trying to do their jobs with only 50
agents in the agency. Outrageous, right?

Now. Think of our campaign against child abuse and abuse of vulnerable
adults. Imagine having so few caseworkers that each worker had to cover
seventy-four cases every month. Let me tell you -- that's outrageous.
It can't be done. But that is the current situation in Texas; a
situation that is finally being improved.

Unfortunately, the process is slow. The hiring won't be complete until
2007. When it is finished, each caseworker will have a caseload of
about 45. That sounds like a big improvement, and it is. But don't ever
forget that that is still far too high. In 1998, their caseload was 24
cases per month. National Child Welfare experts urge a caseload of 12
to 15 per month. The Texas legislators point out that no state meets
those guidelines. Tragically, they are correct. The Joint Chiefs of
Staff will tell the president how many troops we need in Iraq, and the
president will send them, but no state takes that attitude about abused
children and abused adults.

The Nature of the Job

Contrary to what you see on TV, child protection workers don't simply
swoop in and take children from their families. Whenever possible, they
leave the family intact, and work closely with them to make things
better. Many cases are due to ignorance, lack of parenting skills, lack
of resources, ignorance of conditions, and so on.

Except in the bad cases that make headlines, the goal of the Child
Protection workers is to teach the family to help itself. That takes
time, patience, and a lot of work. The caseworkers have to overcome
barriers of language, culture and attitude, and sometimes face physical
danger. But in the end, it is possible to create an intact,
self-sustaining family that is happy and free of suffering.

The Bottom Line

After so many years of discouragement, of watching legislators abandon
children and the elderly, the Texas action comes as a breath of fresh
air. They have finally acknowledged the need, and have finally faced up
to the fact that the solution will cost money.

It seems like a lot of money. And it is! But remember -- it's still not
enough.

In 1941, before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, the United States had
six aircraft carriers. By the end of the war, we had more than one
hundred. We needed them, so we built them. After we had built forty
carriers, did anyone suggest that we stop? No -- we kept at it until
the job was done.

Find politicians in your state and ask them what the average caseload
is for Child Protection workers. Tell them about the experts
recommending 12 to 15 per month.

Then encourage them to keep at it until the job is done.
Updated: January 25, 2006 ...

Need I add, Gagg, that you and your cronies here in this newsgroup are
a pack of thoroughgoing LIARS!

0:-]





http://incestabuse.about.com/od/inth...a/Nixzmary.htm


  #25  
Old December 5th 06, 06:46 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Dan Sullivan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,687
Default Greg? ... Child hating Greg exposes himself again


Greegor wrote:
Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?


Have they started to compete against you for the bottle and can
business in Iowa?

  #26  
Old December 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,243
Default Underfunded?

G Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?
K Yep.
G Isn't it time to admit they just don't make a good enough living?
K Not my area of expertise. Yours?
G (sarcasm)
K That's a lie. You meant very seriously to compare CPS to the mob,
Greg.

How could sarcasm be a lie?

K Which makes it appear that all the facts in the
K world do not matter to you. You simply will not
K accept the truth, and hence, you lie.

Isn't that a dogmatists argument to atheists, Kane?

K "Can you provide some support for such and
K argument, or isn't it time to admit that in fact
K CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?"
K Your dodge is an obvious admission that
K either you cannot, or you know better.

Know better than to hand MORE money to a corrupt "enterprise"?

  #27  
Old December 5th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,968
Default Underfunded?


Greegor wrote:
G Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?
K Yep.
G Isn't it time to admit they just don't make a good enough living?
K Not my area of expertise. Yours?
G (sarcasm)
K That's a lie. You meant very seriously to compare CPS to the mob,
Greg.

How could sarcasm be a lie?


When it's a serious accusation rather then humorous sarcasm.

K Which makes it appear that all the facts in the
K world do not matter to you. You simply will not
K accept the truth, and hence, you lie.

Isn't that a dogmatists argument to atheists, Kane?


They can use any argument they wish. The issue is, what are the facts?

K "Can you provide some support for such and
K argument, or isn't it time to admit that in fact
K CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?"
K Your dodge is an obvious admission that
K either you cannot, or you know better.

Know better than to hand MORE money to a corrupt "enterprise"?


A very weak argument, Greg.

You are supposed to show us, with the same kind or better data than I
supply for my argument, that I am wrong, and that in fact CPS has
adequate funding to perform effectively.

Got any?

0:-

  #28  
Old December 5th 06, 09:52 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,243
Default Underfunded?


0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
G Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?
K Yep.
G Isn't it time to admit they just don't make a good enough living?
K Not my area of expertise. Yours?
G (sarcasm)
K That's a lie. You meant very seriously to compare CPS to the mob,
Greg.

How could sarcasm be a lie?


When it's a serious accusation rather then humorous sarcasm.

K Which makes it appear that all the facts in the
K world do not matter to you. You simply will not
K accept the truth, and hence, you lie.

Isn't that a dogmatists argument to atheists, Kane?


They can use any argument they wish. The issue is, what are the facts?

K "Can you provide some support for such and
K argument, or isn't it time to admit that in fact
K CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?"
K Your dodge is an obvious admission that
K either you cannot, or you know better.

Know better than to hand MORE money to a corrupt "enterprise"?


A very weak argument, Greg.


Please keep thinking that!

You are supposed to show us,


supposed to?

with the same kind or better data than I
supply for my argument, that I am wrong,
and that in fact CPS has
adequate funding to perform effectively.

Got any?


You call what you supply "data"? snicker

Is that what Goebbels called his stuff?

What do they need more money for,
TO BUY WHITEOUT when the
inspectors are coming??

  #29  
Old December 5th 06, 11:11 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:->
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3,968
Default Underfunded?

Greegor wrote:
0:- wrote:
Greegor wrote:
G Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?
K Yep.
G Isn't it time to admit they just don't make a good enough living?
K Not my area of expertise. Yours?
G (sarcasm)
K That's a lie. You meant very seriously to compare CPS to the mob,
Greg.

How could sarcasm be a lie?

When it's a serious accusation rather then humorous sarcasm.

K Which makes it appear that all the facts in the
K world do not matter to you. You simply will not
K accept the truth, and hence, you lie.

Isn't that a dogmatists argument to atheists, Kane?

They can use any argument they wish. The issue is, what are the facts?

K "Can you provide some support for such and
K argument, or isn't it time to admit that in fact
K CPS is underfunded and has been for decades now?"
K Your dodge is an obvious admission that
K either you cannot, or you know better.

Know better than to hand MORE money to a corrupt "enterprise"?

A very weak argument, Greg.


Please keep thinking that!


It's not a matter of thinking it, I know it.

You are supposed to show us,


supposed to?


Sure. You expect it of others. Or do you have a double standard.

with the same kind or better data than I
supply for my argument, that I am wrong,
and that in fact CPS has
adequate funding to perform effectively.

Got any?


You call what you supply "data"? snicker


Sure do. You are lying now, Greg.

Both the number of posts and the length of the posts as to content
include many citations of data.

For instance I just posted that the ACF itself recognizes that the claim
made here that huge numbers of child non-victims are removed from
families are in fact only 4% and that those are short term for
investigation.

ACF included the charts and numbers from data collected and aggregated
from the states. I provided links directly to them.

I'd call that data, would you not? And I'd call it providing them, would
you not?

Is that what Goebbels called his stuff?

Darned if I know. Getting desperate, are you?

What do they need more money for,
TO BUY WHITEOUT when the
inspectors are coming??


Now how many such cases can you come up with like that, Greg?

You blow everything but your own misdeeds way out of proportion.

That's not argument. That's called 'ranting.'

Is Dan a felon, by the way?

Are you willing to challenge laws you find distasteful to you by taking
evidence you've broken one and use it in your case for "money," like you
suggested to someone they do who had their children's return at risk?

Let us know when you do that.

And I'm thinking about surveying the Congressional record to see if you
have indeed left vicious accusatory claims against the state of Iowa and
its agents in your testimony uncorrected.

Would you like me to review our conversation on this matter to help
clear up your memory of it?

Or do you believe still that Iowa misappropriated funds and did not
create and staff the CRB offices around the state they were required to
with the level of federal funding provided?

No, the states need money for just such services, Greg. CRBs are there
to protect families and children. Or hadn't you noticed?

Kane
  #30  
Old December 11th 06, 03:38 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
Greegor
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,243
Default Greg? ... Child hating Greg exposes himself again

Greegor wrote:
Do you think La Cosa Nostra makes too much money?


Dan Sullivan wrote:
Have they started to compete against you for the bottle and can
business in Iowa?


Probably. That's a lot of nickels.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
misc.kids FAQ on Firearms Safety & Children [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 April 20th 06 05:34 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Firearms Safety & Children [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 March 20th 06 06:32 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Firearms Safety & Children [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 January 18th 06 06:48 AM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ParentingBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.