Is It EVER Okay to Let your Newborn Cry?

Old April 10th 04, 03:42 PM
Carol Ann

Default Is It EVER Okay to Let your Newborn Cry?

Oh and Kevin sleeping on the floor away
from us. His snoring is horrible AND the bed isn't big enough for me,
Morgan, Charlie (my chihuahua) and Kevin.

Oh good, Charlie is still sleeping with you! Yay, so things are going ok

for
the dog and baby. Lol.......I hate to say it, my husband snores too, and

so
really, he'd be the first one I'd kick out of the bed, between him and the
baby and the cat. I already kicked him out a few weeks ago actually, so

it's
just me, the cat, and my stomach (an entity all on it's own!) in the
queensize bed.

I've been wondering if a good investment would be to get one of the Arm's
Reach cosleepers-- but then, I am afraid of waking my husband up every 1-2
hours when the baby cries or is hungry since he has a long drive for work.
...how will it work with us all in the same room? I doubt my cat will hang
around anyway...I am afraid it will end up being my husband and cat in the
guestroom, me and the bay in the main bedroom. That would work but doesn't
feel right...

Well, the bassinett is right next to the bed and Morgan won't sleep in it.
She sleeps IN bed with me holding her or once she falls deeply to sleep in
between the arc of the Boppy Pillow. The Arms Reach would have been a waste
of money for us (I think)...but then again, I could keep it next to me and
when she falls deeply asleep I could put her in it...Hmm.....well, if she
can sleep in the bed it will save a bit of money.

By the way, during the nite you will find that your baby may not cry but
sort of wake up and coo or make a few sounds so you won't disturb your
husband's sleep with crying (unless your baby has other issues). I find
Morgan doesn't cry when we co-sleep as much as she does during the day.

~Carol Ann

Old April 10th 04, 06:30 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Carol Ann wrote:

By the way, during the nite you will find that your baby may not cry but
sort of wake up and coo or make a few sounds so you won't disturb your
husband's sleep with crying (unless your baby has other issues).

Yes. Isabella makes a sound that is sort of like a snort/grunt
combination. :-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/isabellazora/

~ Harriet Martineau

Old April 11th 04, 12:53 AM
Jill

Default Cat Hair (was Is It EVER Okay to Let your Newborn Cry?)

"Deirdre" wrote
And yes, the cat will co-op the sleeper when the baby's not in it.
Surrender yourself to that now. LOL

How do you keep the cat hair out though? That is the only problem I have
with my precious sweet kitty sniffing around the new baby stuff, is that she
gets hair everywhere. I have nightmares about hair getting into a baby's
mouth. Plu her hair is hard to get up, she's white and it takes much more
than just vacuum and washing laundry...we have to tape off our clothes. Lint
rollers are not economical and we use packing tape that works so much better
and is cheap.....I vacuum as much as possible, but even closing the nursery
door from day 1, our PackNPlay and bouncy seats still fall victim.

Old April 11th 04, 01:43 AM
nina

"Jill" wrote in message
om...

"Deirdre" wrote
And yes, the cat will co-op the sleeper when the baby's not in it.
Surrender yourself to that now. LOL

How do you keep the cat hair out though? That is the only problem I have
with my precious sweet kitty sniffing around the new baby stuff, is that

she
gets hair everywhere. I have nightmares about hair getting into a baby's
mouth. Plu her hair is hard to get up, she's white and it takes much more
than just vacuum and washing laundry...we have to tape off our clothes.

Lint
rollers are not economical and we use packing tape that works so much

better
and is cheap.....I vacuum as much as possible, but even closing the

nursery
door from day 1, our PackNPlay and bouncy seats still fall victim.

A damo cloth diaper will pick up lots of cat hair. I have 3 cats and a dog,
so I know.

Old April 11th 04, 02:20 AM
Carla

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:53:00 GMT, "Jill" wrote:

we have to tape off our clothes. Lint
rollers are not economical and we use packing tape that works so much better
and is cheap.....

About once a year Sam's carries a 5 pack of Jumbo 3M lint rollers (one
jumbo roll lasts FOREVER) and that time of year is NOW. Last year I
bought 2 of the 5 packs and they lasted almost a whole year -- the
other day I was there and bought 5-5 packs for under $30. You need to
go and get some! We have 2 dogs & 2 cats and they're awesome,
especially for that price.

I have no idea why they have them so rarely but I know that I looked
for them every time I went after the first time I got them and a guy
that works there said that they get them only about once a year.

Carla
#1 EDD 5/14/04
Old April 11th 04, 02:23 AM
JennP

"Carla" wrote in message

About once a year Sam's carries a 5 pack of Jumbo 3M lint rollers (one
jumbo roll lasts FOREVER) and that time of year is NOW. Last year I
bought 2 of the 5 packs and they lasted almost a whole year -- the
other day I was there and bought 5-5 packs for under $30. You need to
go and get some! We have 2 dogs & 2 cats and they're awesome,
especially for that price.

Oh! Great tip! Dh lint rolls *everything*, lol.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old April 11th 04, 05:18 AM
Deirdre

"Jill" wrote in message
om...

"Deirdre" wrote
And yes, the cat will co-op the sleeper when the baby's not in it.
Surrender yourself to that now. LOL

How do you keep the cat hair out though? That is the only problem I have
with my precious sweet kitty sniffing around the new baby stuff, is that she
gets hair everywhere. I have nightmares about hair getting into a baby's
mouth. Plu her hair is hard to get up, she's white and it takes much more
than just vacuum and washing laundry...we have to tape off our clothes. Lint
rollers are not economical and we use packing tape that works so much better
and is cheap.....I vacuum as much as possible, but even closing the nursery
door from day 1, our PackNPlay and bouncy seats still fall victim.

I keep one of those masking-tape lint rollers nearby, and give it a quick
once over. It does the trick in about 10 seconds. Packing tape wrapped
around a hand works just as well too. If you're stateside, visit Petsmart.
You can get a pack of the rollers (6 rolls + 2 rollers) for about $15. Good
bargain, and they'll last quite a while. FWIW, I'm trying not to be too
sugical about the hair. We've got two cats & a dog, so there's no place in
the house that's immune from it. My concern is just in making sure it
doesn't get in his face/eyes. I wouldn't worry too much about whether or
not it gets in the mouth. It won't hurt the babe.

Old April 11th 04, 04:35 PM

"Jill" wrote in message . com...

How do you keep the cat hair out though? That is the only problem I have
with my precious sweet kitty sniffing around the new baby stuff, is that she
gets hair everywhere. I have nightmares about hair getting into a baby's
mouth.

Don't worry; it will get there regardless when the baby learns to pick
things up. DS went around the house for a few days picking up
*individual cat hairs* and taste-testing them right after he developed
a good pincer grip.

--
C, mama to seventeen month old nursling