10 month roll call

Old April 9th 04, 07:41 PM
teapot

Default 10 month roll call

Well...

Have cut out a night feed (see separate post)
Moo is eating LOADS of solids and having about 6 boobings a day. He
will eat a whole banana for breakfast now.
He has his first shoes and is learning how to stand up without holding
onto things.
He is an expert crawler.
He has 6 teeth and I have corresponding tooth indents on my boobs.
Biting is no fun and I brace myself every time I nurse. I think he is
getting the idea of the word 'gently', though maybe he thinks it means
'milk'.
He understands some more signs (Milk, duck, cat, chicken, bath, drink,
eat) but has stopped signing 'more'.
He does not know what 'no' means although it is said repeatedly around
the cat, plugs, cables and most everything he puts in his mouth, poor
boy.
It is exhausting having a mobile child.

Teapot and the Moo Boy 8th June 03
Old April 10th 04, 06:03 AM
Akuvikate

The Bug nurses less during the day now but still nurses all night
long. We're very much in the Zen of breastfeeding and cosleeping, but
as with so much that has to change. We're probably going to start
working on night-weaning next week. She's not one to give up too
easily on what she wants, so wish us luck.

My current goal for solids is to get her able to eat more of what we
eat. She likes finger feeding though she also accepts the spoon. She
tried wheat for the first time today (all natural mac and cheese, and
it was a hit) and we'll start meat next. Once we get that going we'll
start to ditch the baby cereal and can really move away from the goop
to self-feeding.

She crawls all over, loves to stand, and has just started a little bit
of cruising on the couch. She's very conversational with her babbling
though she still has a limited range of consonants. We do a ****-poor
job of signing with her, so nothing there. Unless you count
"high-five"!

I've started looking for daycare for when I go back in June, which is
not fun. One thing that's reassuring is she *loves* the visits we've
been on. She likes being around the other kids, immediately gets down
and crawls around, plays with the toys, and enjoys the stimulation.
So hopefully the transition won't be too unbearably horrible for
either of us.

Kate
and the Bug, also 8 June 2003
Old April 10th 04, 05:23 PM
Anne Rogers

Nathanael has just slept throught 2 nights in a row!!!!!!!!!!!! He has alo
finally produced 2 teeth, he's bit me a couple of times, but generally
it's at the end of a feeding and he's forgotten he's still eating. After a
blip last week with his solids he's doing pretty well, though never a
whole banana! We finally have movement, he crawls without getting his
tummy off the floor, looks more like swimming! He's also become an expert
at walkin across the room pushing a trolley (one of those wooden ones with
bricks in it). He's going through a very clingy phase, which is tiring as
he won't be put down, but he doesn't want to sit still either, he
basically uses me as a climbing frame.

Anne and Nathanael (28th May 2003)
Old April 11th 04, 07:37 AM
Irrational Number

Pillbug still only has 2 teeth. BF is going
well. He doesn't bite; when he did, I pressed
his chin and he stopped.

He just recently learned about separation
anxiety; he fusses in the mornings when DH
and I leave for work and he's eager for his
"snack" when I return. Very validating!

He eats two solid meals a day of about 4-5
oz. quantity each time. He gets a meat+veggie
+cereal in the morning and a fruit+cereal in
the afternoon. He only drinks 8 oz. of BM
during the day, so we still nurse a lot at
night.

He's rolling around, but not crawling, not
creeping, definitely not standing. I don't
mind a not-so-mobile child right now...

Pillbug is more able to play by himself now.
When I'm doing gardening, he can amuse himself
in the stroller while watching cars and people
go by. He does not like the playard.

We are making plans for the big 1-year
birthday party. I got the invitations
already and my parents reserved the restaurant.
They're doing the Chinese banquet thing.

-- Anita --
--
SUCCESS FOUR FLIGHTS THURSDAY MORNING ALL AGAINST
TWENTY ONE MILE WIND STARTED FROM LEVEL WITH ENGINE

6 month roll call Kathy Breastfeeding 10 March 16th 04 04:36 PM
9 month ish roll call teapot Breastfeeding 25 March 15th 04 03:36 AM
8 month (ish) roll call teapot Breastfeeding 20 February 12th 04 03:08 PM
5 month roll call teapot Breastfeeding 13 November 12th 03 07:59 AM