odds of conceiving?

Old February 22nd 08, 12:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jennyanniedots

Default odds of conceiving?

Hi All,
New to the group....

I have a question about all the statistics regarding "odds of
conceiving" during any given month. Studies say the odds of conceiving
in any given month are something like 20-30%, depending on several
factors such as age, health etc. My question is, under what
circumstances? If you're using an ovulation predictor kit so you know
when to time the conception, is that when your odds are as stated? Or
is that stat just based on the assumption that if you have sex at
random throughout the month, the odds you'll fertilize an egg are
20-30%? I haven't had any luck finding this answer online or in a
book. Does anyone have the odds of conception in a healthy woman using
ovulation predictor kits?

Thanks in advance
Jennyanniedots
Old February 22nd 08, 12:47 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

My understanding is that the odds are based on intercourse around
ovulation -- so all things being perfectly lined up, egg meets sperm, you
still only have a 25% chance of conceiving any given month.

--

Jamie Clark

Old February 26th 08, 10:15 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Sarah Vaughan

Jennyanniedots wrote:
Hi All,
New to the group....

I have a question about all the statistics regarding "odds of
conceiving" during any given month. Studies say the odds of conceiving
in any given month are something like 20-30%, depending on several
factors such as age, health etc. My question is, under what
circumstances? If you're using an ovulation predictor kit so you know
when to time the conception, is that when your odds are as stated? Or
is that stat just based on the assumption that if you have sex at
random throughout the month, the odds you'll fertilize an egg are
20-30%? I haven't had any luck finding this answer online or in a
book.

I think that statistic is based on people who are trying for a baby and
who are having sex every few days. If you're doing that anyway, then I
don't see any great advantage to ovulation prediction kits, since you're
going to be having sex within a few days of ovulation anyway.

Does anyone have the odds of conception in a healthy woman using
ovulation predictor kits?

Probably about the same.

All the best,

Sarah
--
http://www.goodenoughmummy.typepad.com

"That which can be destroyed by the truth, should be" - P. C. Hodgell

Conceiving MKO Pregnancy 14 August 4th 07 01:14 AM
conceiving [email protected] Pregnancy 11 December 24th 04 03:48 AM
conceiving again while breastfeeding Dagny Breastfeeding 12 February 25th 04 03:23 AM
Odds? One in Ten Kane Spanking 0 December 6th 03 06:04 AM
troble conceiving.... Jasmine Myers Pregnancy 19 September 30th 03 07:05 PM