36w3d - false labour/eventually heading for insanity

Old September 18th 05, 11:45 PM
arachne

Default 36w3d - false labour/eventually heading for insanity

for the past 6 days i've been having "false labour" from 11am - 3pm. it's
curious how it's always the same time!
for the first 5 days, i was coping fine. i'd been having random contractions
since the 2nd trimester and these false labour ones weren't as strong. and i
was in a real nesting high so i had plenty of energy.

yesterday's was *alot* stronger, but alot more irregular. i had no energy to
start with in the morning, woke up exhausted. in the evening i ended up
having an argument with DH & bawling my eyes out. silly pregnancy hormones!

obviously, i'm not wanting to have this baby before 37 weeks, so i'm happy
for it to stay in & cook a little while longer. but if i have these
contractions until week 42+ everyday, i think i will go insane. can it go on
for that long?

i'm back to the happy nesting energy today, so i think i will cope better.
what has been other people's experiences?

--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)

"Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't
get you anywhere." -- Anonymous

Old September 19th 05, 12:47 AM
Anne Rogers

obviously, i'm not wanting to have this baby before 37 weeks, so i'm happy
for it to stay in & cook a little while longer. but if i have these
contractions until week 42+ everyday, i think i will go insane. can it go
on for that long?

sadly it sometimes does, I'm struggling to remember the name of the person,
but there was someone on here a while back who went for weeks like that and
her midwives kept telling her it would be soon and it wasn't, eventually she
got induced at around 42 weeks. Jenrose also struggled a lot, her route out
was castor oil. I myself had on of struggles right through my pregnancy, I'd
get several days of lots of contractions, then not many for a while, then
the whole thing would be repeated, for me it was mostly in the 2nd
trimester, but it was a strain and a worry. Drinking loads of water really
seemed to help. All I can say is that the chances are it won't go on for
another 5 weeks, but I make no promises, it's your 2nd, which might help!

Anne

Old September 19th 05, 12:57 AM
arachne

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
[...]

thanks anne! i've definitely been keeping up the water. i guess i could
always drink more!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)

Old September 19th 05, 02:08 AM
Amy

arachne wrote:
i'm back to the happy nesting energy today, so i think i will cope better.
what has been other people's experiences?

I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions too. Drinking water helped.
So did changing position (if I was sitting, I'd walk, if I was walking,
I'd sit, etc.). The biggest mental thing that helped, though, was
reminding myself that it was my body's way of preparing for the Main
Event, and that every contraction I had in advance was one less that I
had to have when I went into real labor. It seems to have been true,
too, because I was only in actual labor for 3.5 hours.

Amy

Old September 19th 05, 04:52 AM
arachne

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...

arachne wrote:
i'm back to the happy nesting energy today, so i think i will cope
better.
what has been other people's experiences?

I had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions too.

these are definitely not BH. i get lots of them & these are irregular, but
still contractions.

Drinking water helped.
So did changing position (if I was sitting, I'd walk, if I was walking,
I'd sit, etc.).

i'll keep that in mind. ta.

The biggest mental thing that helped, though, was
reminding myself that it was my body's way of preparing for the Main
Event, and that every contraction I had in advance was one less that I
had to have when I went into real labor. It seems to have been true,
too, because I was only in actual labor for 3.5 hours.

ooooh! that's what i like to hear! that's a good point, more work now,
possibly less work later.

thanks, amy.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)

Old September 19th 05, 06:17 AM
Me Myself and I

Yep same for me. I had contractions that over the course of 9 days built up
to be very frequent and very painful, but I was only in active labour for
around 3 hours also.

And I was told the same as Amy. Every contraction you have in one less you
have later. Every contraction is doing something.

Take care

--
Pip

My premmies :
Abby - 8 weeks early now 7 1/2 months old and what a flirt
Jasmine - 5 weeks early now 3 1/2 Favourite saying "I don't want to"

"To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the
world"

--
"arachne" wrote in message

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...

#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)

Old September 19th 05, 07:59 AM
arachne

"Me Myself and I" wrote in message
Yep same for me. I had contractions that over the course of 9 days built
up
to be very frequent and very painful, but I was only in active labour for
around 3 hours also.

And I was told the same as Amy. Every contraction you have in one less
you
have later. Every contraction is doing something.

Take care

thanks pip!
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)

#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)

I found this started for me after I had my 3rd baby, with my 4th and 5th
babies it was terrible. I was told it was due to already having 3 kids and
my uterus didn't take much to get irritated. For me it also feels like real
labour, it keeps me up all night. It starts a few weeks or so before my EDD
and it's hell. All my Braxton Hicks are painful.
I got myself so worked up last time that I became ill and needed to stay in
hospital due to tiredness and dehydration as the pains kept making me vomit.

((hugs))

Andrea mom of 5.

Old September 19th 05, 11:35 AM
Andrea S

I forgot to add it's latent labour not Braxton Hicks....it can go on for a
while. All the latent labour didn't make my real labour any faster!

Andrea.

Old September 19th 05, 03:19 PM
arachne

"Andrea S" wrote in message
I forgot to add it's latent labour not Braxton Hicks....it can go on for a
while. All the latent labour didn't make my real labour any faster!

oh bugger! i hope it's not going to be as bad for you this time. thanks for
your input, andrea.
--
elizabeth (in australia)
DS 20th august 2002
#2 due 14th october 2005 (currently: 36 weeks)