The right to abandon your child (aka - Roe v. Wade for Men)

Old March 18th 06, 03:50 AM posted to alt.child-support

Default The right to abandon your child (aka - Roe v. Wade for Men)

"Bob Whiteside" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

That's simply not true, Gini - for whatever your limitations, you can't

accept that what I've been promoting is for ALL
fertile adults to manage and take responsibility for their own

fertility.

What Gini is saying is that women just "managing and taking responsibility
for their own fertility" is not enough. I think she is saying women need

recognize fertile men shoot real, live bullets 24/7/365 and women are only
fertile about 5 days each month. So it is the responsibility of women to
not only manage their cycles but also keep their men informed about their
cycle, where they are in it, and give the man feedback so he has the

proper
information to manage his own fertility related to her cycle.

It is 8-10 days each month, and it depends on her exact cycle.

Instead, you persist with this fiction that I don't understand

fertility,
or don't understand how babies are made, or
any of the other myths you've been promulgating about me.

Well you have to admit, the position you have taken makes it sound like

men
and women managing and taking responsibility for their fertility are
mutually exclusive actions. The point is - it is not that simplistic.

No it is not that simplistic, but both parties should show responsibility
otherwise accidents can happen. My oldest step-son is currently
experiencing it... he is going to be a father this early fall. His father
and I have talked to him in the past of using a condom to *protect* him. It
was his choice to not use one and instead put full faith into his girl
friend and the pill. She is now pregnant and my SS is now planning on a
life with her and as a father. He is taking responsibility as a father and
partner to her. Currently they have no plans on getting married, but they
will be living together when the child is born. The bright side to this is
that he isn't wanting to run-away from her or the child.

And
it really makes me irate to hear young women say he should have worn a
condom if he didn't want her to get pregnant, when you know darn well the
woman just blew off monitoring her cycle and let the man suffer the
consequences of her personal irresponsibility about her own fertility.

It is not that simple. See below... cycles change and some people put too
much faith in such a small pill they forget there are risks.

Maybe it should be a requirement for every young man to have a good

Catholic
girlfriend to teach him about the rhythm method.

The rhythm has a failure rate of 13-20%. Not all women can use the rhythm
method since most women's cycles will change over time. Mine was irregular
when I was young, semi-consistent in my mid-20's & 30's, and is now becoming
irregular again. For a period of time, 5-8 years, I would experience
irregular periods for two cycles consecutively. Basically I would skip one
and have a longer cycle the following month. I've used the rhythm
successfully for many years until I became pregnant with my youngest son,
and that is when I decided to be snipped. I knew my cycles and still do. I
can tell when I'm about to ovulate, I know within 48 hours I'm going to
start my period, and ironically so does my husband. He simply tells me I go
in heat right before I start. Even if I wasn't snipped he would have a clear
idea of my cycle without me telling him anything.

Thanks,
Tracy
~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/

Old March 22nd 06, 07:59 AM posted to alt.child-support

"Tracy" wrote in

will be living together when the child is born. The bright side to this
is
that he isn't wanting to run-away from her or the child.

This might be a solution for the short term, but it's only a Band-Aid to a
bigger problem.

The fact that they have not committed to a marriage tells me there's no love
in this relationship, and it's only convenience that brings these two people
together due to a baby. In a very short time they will grow apart and this
temporary setup will not satisfy either one of them and the child will grow
up in a barren household at best.

I do hope your Step Son can find some happiness in this relationship, but
the odds are against him!
The best thing he could do is try to negotiate a reasonable rate of CS with
her, if that's possible and and then try to make a life of his own.

Yes mistakes happen, but even convicted murderers & robbers get parole at
some point!
It seems fathers get life with no breaks!