why do they

Old November 18th 03, 10:36 PM
maryann

Default why do they

why do they shave you when you give birth.
Old November 18th 03, 10:52 PM
Circe

"maryann" wrote in message
om...
why do they shave you when you give birth.

"They" don't, at least not any more. In the mid-20th century, it was
relatively common to shave on the theory that the pubic hair was unsanitary
and might trap bacteria, infecting either baby or mother during birth. It
was later shown, however, that shaving actually presented a greater risk of
infections, since the mother might be nicked during the shaving process and
develop an infection at the injury site.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [20mo] mom)

"Rejuvinate your skin." -- Hydroderm ad

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

Old November 18th 03, 11:20 PM
Sophie

"Circe" wrote in message
"maryann" wrote in message
om...
why do they shave you when you give birth.

"They" don't, at least not any more. In the mid-20th century, it was
relatively common to shave on the theory that the pubic hair was

unsanitary
and might trap bacteria, infecting either baby or mother during birth. It
was later shown, however, that shaving actually presented a greater risk

of
infections, since the mother might be nicked during the shaving process

and
develop an infection at the injury site.
--
Be well, Barbara

My first time seeing this post all. They do shave you for a c-section, but
not that much.

Old November 18th 03, 11:39 PM
daisy

"Sophie" wrote in message

"Circe" wrote in message
> [...]
"maryann" wrote in message
om...
why do they shave you when you give birth.

"They" don't, at least not any more. In the mid-20th century, it was
relatively common to shave on the theory that the pubic hair was

unsanitary
and might trap bacteria, infecting either baby or mother during birth.

It
was later shown, however, that shaving actually presented a greater risk

of
infections, since the mother might be nicked during the shaving process

and
develop an infection at the injury site.
--
Be well, Barbara

My first time seeing this post all. They do shave you for a c-section, but
not that much.

They shaved me alot for my c cection!! they shaved my entire belly and
almost all the way down......I remember thinking "wow, this is going to
itch!!

Old November 19th 03, 04:48 AM
C&J

"maryann" wrote in message
om...
why do they shave you when you give birth.

I don't think they do that anymore. But I like to keep myself shaved down
there especially after seeing women giving birth on this one site. You
didn't know where her hear ended and the baby's began! It was plan nasty!
You would think they would trim up if they knew that there twinkie was gonna
be all over the internet for educational reasons.

http://www.birthdiaries.com/diary/GVbirths.htm

Crystal

Old November 19th 03, 05:59 AM
C&J

Well if you like looking like a beast, go ahead and be my guest.
LOL............puke

Crystal

wrote in message
It was plan nasty!
You would think they would trim up if they knew that there twinkie was

gonna
be all over the internet for educational reasons.

http://www.birthdiaries.com/diary/GVbirths.htm

Crystal

Why are so many people in Western cultures afraid of what a REAL woman

looks like? REAL women have
hair, razors and shaving are only fairly recent inventions in terms of how

long homo sapiens has
been on this planet.

Old November 19th 03, 05:36 PM
Erika

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 05:59:39 GMT, "C&J" wrote:

Well if you like looking like a beast, go ahead and be my guest.
LOL............puke

You seriuosly have a problem with how the human body is created don't
you. Cut of everything that doesn't suit you and trim the boobs as
well. Would you cut your legs off too if men liked shorter women than
you?

/Erika

The first ten years of your life you try to be just like your parents.
Then for then years you try to be as little as your parents as possible.
Then you gradually change in to them.
Old November 19th 03, 05:53 PM
Carol Ann

: "They" don't, at least not any more. In the mid-20th century, it was
: relatively common to shave on the theory that the pubic hair was
unsanitary
: and might trap bacteria, infecting either baby or mother during birth. It
: was later shown, however, that shaving actually presented a greater risk
of
: infections, since the mother might be nicked during the shaving process
and
: develop an infection at the injury site.

Barbara,

What's your opinion on getting bikini waxes? I really hate to continue
shaving, but also can't stand seeing all the hair.

I can't find a place here in Columbus, but know of hundreds in Atlanta. I
wonder how they would feel?

~Carol Ann