North Richland Hills police investigate foster children's injuries...

Old June 24th 07, 05:40 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
fx

Default North Richland Hills police investigate foster children's injuries...

North Richland Hills police investigate foster children's injuries

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...e.30a73d8.html

police haven't named suspect

09:41 PM CDT on Saturday, June 23, 2007

By MICHAEL GRABELL and JAY PARSONS / The Dallas Morning News
;

North Richland Hills police are investigating the possible abuse of two
disabled children at a foster home.

A 1-year-old girl was poked in the eye several times with a sharp object
in April, and days later a 6-year-old was hit in the face, Investigator
Larry Irving said.

"We have a person of interest, but we don't have enough evidence to
present a case to a district attorney's office yet," he said. "There are
several people who have had contact with the kids, so we're not saying
at this point" who the person is.

No arrests have been made, and police have not named a suspect.

But North Richland Hills resident Jeri Copeland, who runs the foster
home for Lutheran Social Services, said she suspects a home health-care
nurse she hired in February to look after one of her four foster children.

On April 9, the 1-year-old girl began crying during a nap, Ms. Copeland
said. She and another home health-care worker went to check on the girl
and saw the nurse leave the room. They found the girl bleeding from her
ear and eye, she said.

Ms. Copeland said she took the girl to Cook Children's Medical Center in
Fort Worth, where doctors determined that her eardrum had burst and that
she cried so hard from the pain that she had broken a blood vessel in
her eye.

Ms. Copeland said she later took the girl to an ophthalmologist, who
told her the girl appeared to have been intentionally pricked four times
in the eye.

Then, on April 12, the 6-year-old girl was found with bruising around
both eyes, Ms. Copeland said. At first she assumed that the girl, who
suffers from frequent seizures, may have injured herself.

But the two incidents made her have second thoughts, and she called the
police and state Child Protective Services.

"CPS determined that I had no role in the injury to the children," Ms.
Copeland said. "But they don't know if maybe I used poor judgment in
leaving the children home with the home health nurses."

The Department of Family and Protective Services removed three children
from her home and plans to remove the fourth child Monday, said Marissa
Gonzales, spokeswoman for the state agency.

"It's the foster parent's responsibility to supervise the children and
to supervise the contracted nurses that are in the home, especially with
such medically fragile children," Ms. Gonzales said.

The nurse, who is not being named because he has not been identified as
a suspect, could not be reached for comment.

His employer, Epic MedStaff Services, has suspended him pending the
outcome of an investigation, standard procedure when there is an
allegation of neglect, said Trey Price, who owns the home health-care
agency.

"There is a mother who has lost her privileges to provide care for
foster children, and she is throwing accusations out," Mr. Price said.
"But with regard to the investigation, that nurse has not been accused
and is not a suspect. There were several people in the home when this
incident took place."

The nurse also was present in February when a 12-year-old mentally
disabled boy from Granbury was scalded during a shower, according to Ms.
Copeland and the boy's mother, Jean Beasley.

Ms. Beasley said the nurse left without telling anybody the boy had been
hurt. Several hours later, she discovered second-degree burns on his
thighs, she said.

Investigator Irving could not confirm that incident Saturday, but Ms.
Beasley said she had been interviewed by North Richland Hills police.

Ms. Copeland, a foster parent for 17 years, said she did nothing wrong
in leaving the children with the home nurses while she went to the
supermarket or ran errands.

The Department Family and Protective Services and Lutheran Social
Services knew about the arrangement, she said, and it's been "standard
practice" at foster homes across the state for years.

"I have been a mommy my whole life," Ms. Copeland said. "I have raised
my own children as a stay-at-home mom, and then I went from there to
being a foster parent. It's all I know how to do."

CURRENTLY CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES VIOLATES MORE CIVIL RIGHTS ON A
DAILY BASIS THEN ALL OTHER AGENCIES COMBINED INCLUDING THE NATIONAL
SECURITY AGENCY/CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY WIRETAPPING PROGRAM....

CPS Does not protect children...
It is sickening how many children are subject to abuse, neglect and even
killed at the hands of Child Protective Services.

every parent should read this .pdf from
connecticut dcf watch...

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com/8x11.pdf

http://www.connecticutdcfwatch.com

Number of Cases per 100,000 children in the US
These numbers come from The National Center on
Child Abuse and Neglect in Washington. (NCCAN)
Recent numbers have increased significantly for CPS

*Perpetrators of Maltreatment*

Physical Abuse CPS 160, Parents 59
Sexual Abuse CPS 112, Parents 13
Neglect CPS 410, Parents 241
Medical Neglect CPS 14 Parents 12
Fatalities CPS 6.4, Parents 1.5

Imagine that, 6.4 children die at the hands of the very agencies that
are supposed to protect them and only 1.5 at the hands of parents per
100,000 children. CPS perpetrates more abuse, neglect, and sexual abuse
and kills more children then parents in the United States. If the
citizens of this country hold CPS to the same standards that they hold
parents too. No judge should ever put another child in the hands of ANY
government agency because CPS nationwide is guilty of more harm and
death than any human being combined. CPS nationwide is guilty of more
human rights violations and deaths of children then the homes from which
they were removed. When are the judges going to wake up and see that
they are sending children to their death and a life of abuse when
children are removed from safe homes based on the mere opinion of a
bunch of social workers.

BE SURE TO FIND OUT WHERE YOUR CANDIDATES STANDS ON THE ISSUE OF
REFORMING OR ABOLISHING CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES ("MAKE YOUR CANDIDATES
TAKE A STAND ON THIS ISSUE.") THEN REMEMBER TO VOTE ACCORDINGLY IF THEY
ARE "FAMILY UNFRIENDLY" IN THE NEXT ELECTION...
Old June 24th 07, 06:54 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking
Greegor

Kane wrote
You just printed a story where indeed, CPS DID protect children.

From a foster situation where an infant got poked in the ear and eye?

But didn't CPS put them INTO that situation?

If this incident had taken place in a parent's
care there would be a "failure to protect" accusation.

In state care though, it's a bureaucratic fumble to be swept
under the bureaucratic rug.

On Jun 23, 11:46 pm, "0:-]" wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 21:40:15 -0700, fx wrote:
North Richland Hills police investigate foster children's injuries

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...ews/stories/06...

police haven't named suspect

09:41 PM CDT on Saturday, June 23, 2007

[...]

You seem, Mac, to be slipping.

Mac, there is NO anonymous services or programs that can be busted
with the right connections. Trust me on this.

You want to continue this silly game and take your chances?

Yes, I know who else you are posting as here. The smart, mostly smart
asses, such as yourself always assume they've got all the answers, and
invariably, they missed one.

You have.

0:]

09:41 PM CDT on Saturday, June 23, 2007

[...]

Are you a fortune teller now too Greg? We don't know how this case is
going to work out. For all we know, the foster mom might be charged.
For what, I don't know but you never know. She was found to have no
wrong doing in the case but they did remove the foster children
because of her lack of judgment. The foster mom had errands to run
and left the kids in the care of a NURSE. Where did she fail to
protect the kids? If I left my kids home with a nurse and that nurse
abused my kids, and I reported it, I don't think my kids would be
taken from me. See, foster parents are held ON HIGHER STANDARDS THAN
BIRTH PARENTS.

09:41 PM CDT on Saturday, June 23, 2007
[...]

Actually, they're not. Seems CPS likes to 'cover' for abusive fosties.
In fact it appears these CPS scum have a real problem telling the truth
about the horrendous rate of abuse in foster hell. Fosties continue to
abuse, rape, and murder our children while CPS scurries to cover it up. lol.

Here's a part of the sad report...

Professionally Unreasonable Decision-Making
One of the most dramatic findings from this study relates to the poor
quality of IAIU decision-making. Based on the facts documented in the IAIU
files, the IAIU findings decisions were found to be professionally
unreasonable 25% of the time. The research team found numerous examples of
cases that documented unjustified actions or omissions of the caregiver,
which resulted in substantial harm or risk of harm to children, yet the IAIU
investigation concluded with a finding of "not substantiated." * Such IAIU
case findings are inconsistent with the exercise of reasonable professional
judgment, and put children at serious risk of ongoing harm in out-of-home
care settings that are not closed to further DYFS placements.

For example, one case was unsubstantiated even though a foster mother
admitted striking a child with a belt resulting in a 4 inch linear belt mark
on the child's face. This foster mother had two prior substantiated
incidents of abuse or neglect. There were equally serious examples of
neglect to children that were classified as not substantiated, such as
medically documented serious neglect of hygiene and nutrition that resulted
in developmental delays, low weight, and pain and irritation to the child's
skin.

http://library.adoption.com/laws-and...le/5835/1.html