Introduction and very impressed :)

Old November 29th 03, 11:42 PM
MCranEY05

Default Introduction and very impressed :)

Hi everyone

I have read misc.kids.pregnancy for many years, but only a few times read
misc.kids. I was reading many of the posts and thought "OMG... this ng is for
me!" LOL. There are soo many threads on things I have been wanting to ask
someone about, etc.

My name is Jolinda. I live in the WA, and have 5 kids. My son is 20 and attends
WSU. My oldest daughter is 18 and attends a community college and plans to
transfer near her brother in 2yrs. My middle daughter is 16.5 and is a junior
in high school( I have a lot of questions reguarding her. lol). Finally, I have
a 3yr old, and a 17m old.

I hope I am welcome here. I recognize many people from other ng's here.

hugs,

Jolinda
Old November 29th 03, 11:52 PM
just me

"MCranEY05" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have read misc.kids.pregnancy for many years, but only a few times read
misc.kids. I was reading many of the posts and thought "OMG... this ng is

for
me!" LOL. There are soo many threads on things I have been wanting to ask
someone about, etc.

My name is Jolinda. I live in the WA, and have 5 kids. My son is 20 and

attends
WSU. My oldest daughter is 18 and attends a community college and plans to
transfer near her brother in 2yrs. My middle daughter is 16.5 and is a

junior
in high school( I have a lot of questions reguarding her. lol). Finally, I

have
a 3yr old, and a 17m old.

I hope I am welcome here. I recognize many people from other ng's here.

Welcome to mk, Jolinda. Be prepared for some very interesting, and
sometimes very involved and lengthy, conversations!

-Aula
--
see my creative works on ebay under http://snurl.com/369o

Old November 29th 03, 11:58 PM
MCranEY05

Welcome to mk, Jolinda.

Thank you, Aula

Be prepared for some very interesting, and
sometimes very involved and lengthy, conversations!

LOL... I am preparing myself as I write. LOL. OH.. forgot to mention that I am
married to a wonderful man. We have been together nearly 11yrs. So, as you can
tell, the first 3 children are with my ex Hee hee. The last 2 are with my
current husband.

Also(I obviously left a lot of important info out of my intro), their names are
Scotty, Nicole, Whitney, Samantha, and Shay.

Thanks for the welcome!

Jolinda
Old November 30th 03, 12:23 AM
MCranEY05

My goodness, that's a wide spread in your family.

Yes, I know. smile

I'm Dorothy,
grandmother to a 16 month old girl, soon to be grandmother to
a boy, preschool teacher of 3 to 5 year olds.

Hi Dorothy! You sound soo proud--that is great. I admire people who can do
preschool/daycare.

You can try alt.mothers if the trolls are too thick in here
as well.

Now you are scaring me. Lol. Is it *that* bad here? I don't have tolerance for
that sort of thing. I guess I will just have to "wait' and see.

I hope you don't find the troll threads too annoying though.

ROTFL... I hope I dont either.

Thanks for your welcome, Dorothy.

BTW... my wonderful grandmother's name is Dorothy. She passed away a year
ago..... I miss her terribly. Get this.... she had/has 12 children!
Old November 30th 03, 12:34 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
(MCranEY05) wrote:

[...]

Welcome! I'm Marie, aka dragonlady, I have a 21 yo daughter (still
living at home, in college part time) and a 17 yo son and a 17 yo
daughter, both of whom will (good Lord willing and all that . . .)
graduate from high school this year, and a 19 yo who no longer lives
with us, but who I fostered for a while and who comes around. I work
with kids ranging in age from just born on up. My kids have "done"
adolescence with varying degrees of grace . . . some with very little .
.. .

You are welcome! More folks here have younger kids, but there are a
handful of us with older kids, and a handful with adult kids.

Enjoy yourself.

meh

Old November 30th 03, 12:49 AM
toto

On 30 Nov 2003 00:23:10 GMT, (MCranEY05) wrote:

My goodness, that's a wide spread in your family.

Yes, I know. smile

I'm Dorothy,
grandmother to a 16 month old girl, soon to be grandmother to
a boy, preschool teacher of 3 to 5 year olds.

Hi Dorothy! You sound soo proud--that is great. I admire
people who can do preschool/daycare.

I am proud. I used to teach high school math, but decided that
preschool was the place because we had so many kids coming
into school with no experience of the things I think are important.

Math is taught through playing with blocks and by doing a lot of
activities that let kids get the ideas down before they ever memorize
any arithmetic facts.

Thanks for the admiration. I think it's just that I love this age.
They are so ready to learn and I get to see the whole world
new through their eyes.

You can try alt.mothers if the trolls are too thick in here
as well.

Now you are scaring me. Lol. Is it *that* bad here? I don't
have tolerance for that sort of thing. I guess I will just have to
"wait' and see.

Mostly, it's a matter of kfing specific threads. Sometimes
the trolls even begin good threads depending on the topic
and you can always cut the x-posts in your own answer if
the topic is interesting and the other groups are unrelated
or promote flames.

I hope you don't find the troll threads too annoying though.

ROTFL... I hope I dont either.

Thanks for your welcome, Dorothy.

BTW... my wonderful grandmother's name is Dorothy. She
passed away a year ago..... I miss her terribly. Get this....
she had/has 12 children!

My dad had 9 siblings. It's getting hard now though since many
have passed away. I only had one grandmother alive when I
was growing up and she's gone now too. She was a wonderful
lady and I remember her with love.

--
Dorothy

The Outer Limits
Old November 30th 03, 12:58 AM
DeliciousTruffles

Hi Jolinda! :-)

You know me already so I won't give you a bio. LOL! ;-)

The trolls around here come in waves it seems. Like Dorothy (toto)
said, if it gets too thick, hop on over to alt.mothers. We hug trolls
over there. ;-) ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old November 30th 03, 03:30 AM
Byron Canfield

"MCranEY05" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have read misc.kids.pregnancy for many years, but only a few times read
misc.kids. I was reading many of the posts and thought "OMG... this ng is

for
me!" LOL. There are soo many threads on things I have been wanting to ask
someone about, etc.

My name is Jolinda. I live in the WA, and have 5 kids. My son is 20 and

attends
WSU. My oldest daughter is 18 and attends a community college and plans to
transfer near her brother in 2yrs. My middle daughter is 16.5 and is a

junior
in high school( I have a lot of questions reguarding her. lol). Finally, I

have
a 3yr old, and a 17m old.

I hope I am welcome here. I recognize many people from other ng's here.

Yes, welcome Jolinda.

I too am in WA (Lake Forest Park -- just northeast of Lake Washington), with
just one -- an 11-year-old daughter, in the Shoreline schools.

And it's sad -- the trolls abound -- but that's why there are kill filters.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary numbers and those who don't."

Old November 30th 03, 05:11 AM
MCranEY05

Welcome!

Thank you, Marie

I have a 21 yo daughter (still
living at home, in college part time) and a 17 yo son and a 17 yo
daughter, both of whom will (good Lord willing and all that . . .)
graduate from high school this year, and a 19 yo who no longe

Wow.... I am glad to see that so many have older kids. I have both older and
younger. I gotta tell ya, the older are more challenging. LOL. So, do you have
twins??? Or just two very close in age( obviously)?

I work
with kids ranging in age from just born on up.

That is great!!

y kids have "done"
adolescence with varying degrees of grace . . . some with very little .
. .

lol... Well, that is good to hear. My 2 older daughters have been very hard to
handle and nearly broke up my marriage. My son was Sooo much easier than the
girls. I see Samantha being a turd in her teen years if we dont nip it in the
butt.. NOW.

You are welcome

That is great to know. I hope to get to know everyone.

jolinda