Moaning : strained back!

Old March 31st 05, 10:12 PM
Zaz

Default Moaning : strained back!

What a nightmare! I strained my back yesterday morning when I picked up DD.
I suppose I made a false move, even though I took care to bend my knees and
not lean over too much... Well, what's done is done: I strained my
sacro-lombaire (sorry, don't know in English, only it's in the small of my
back), mainly on my left side. I saw my chiro today, and after a treatment
she recommended some exercises, ice and no stress on my back.

Well, the major stress on my back these days is my DD! I can't pick her up
anymo it hurts too much!

As a result, I have MIL at home for a few days, and although I love her
dearly, I am getting irritated at nothing - the pain must not help my mood,
I suppose.

The hardest is when DD lifts her arms to let me know she wants to be held,
and I can't pick her up! She stares at me with sadness in her eyes, raising
her hands even higher, as if to say "Mommy, don't you get the message? Pick
me! Pick me!"...

Isabelle
mom to Catherine, Nov. 27 2004

Old April 1st 05, 01:51 AM
Rebecca Jo

"Zaz" wrote:

[...]

Yikes, that sounds painful!! Your poor daughter.

Hope you feel better soon!

Rj

Old April 1st 05, 02:13 AM
Emily

It's so hard when you can't tell them why
not. I hope you are getting to do lots of other
cuddling with her while you're sitting down?

Emily
Old April 1st 05, 06:03 AM
Kelly

Ow! Hope it gets better soon. Carrying a baby around is stressful on the
back-but we never know this until it's too late

Take care,
Kelly

.. .

Old April 1st 05, 04:52 PM
Zaz

Of course! Only, I can't be in the same position for too long, and her
weight hurts me. So I try to play with her laying on my back, and I cherish
the nursing moments like I never thought I would!