Recommend an OB/midwife in Boston, MA or north?

Old June 6th 06, 12:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids,misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Recommend an OB/midwife in Boston, MA or north?

I am 23 weeks pregnant and searching for a new OB or midwife in the
Boston Mass area, or north of there.

My baby has a problem, possibly a neural tube defect or a
sacrococcygeal teratoma. Diagnosis still is not certain. For either
diagnosis, the default standard of care is a scheduled C-section well
before the EDD; the highest standard of care is to plan for an
unscheduled natural vaginal delivery if the problem remains small and
all other indications are favorable. So far, the problem is small (a
cyst hanging off the tailbone, about the diameter of the baby's ankle)
and all other indications are very favorable.

At this point, the plan is to treat the baby after delivery at
Children's Hospital Boston. CHB does not deliver, so a transfer will
be required. Delivery at a hospital with a level 3 NICU is
recommended, but perhaps not necessary. A level 2 nursery may suffice.
Apart from advanced maternal age, I am in a low risk pregnancy
category. I have a healthy 2yo born precipitately and with no
intervention after an entirely uneventful pregnancy. If at all
possible I would like a second natural labor and delivery, but this
requires finding a caregiver who is comfortable with my non-standard
situation.

I don't have an established Mommy Network in the Boston area, so I am
casting here for leads to suitable caregivers.

Follow-ups to m.k.pregnancy, where I have been a regular for 3 years.

Thanks!