this can't be true...

Old May 29th 06, 09:51 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default this can't be true...

In article . com,
"ipinchibite" wrote:

Today's lesson from Ch4 news:
Dieting... try to stay away from tunafish while pregnant. God knows
why, something about a harmful ingredient... but I don't like tuna
anyways.

Mercury from pollution of waterways, which has entered the food chain. In
Australia, they suggest not eating top-of-food-chain fish like tuna more than
once a week.

They said to substitute chicken instead. (yeah, I just found
out that comes in a can next to the tuna in Wal-Mart!) And, cut back on
salty foods. As everybody knows, or should know by now, too much salt
in your diet durring pregnancy can result in Toxemia or Preclampsia.

As mentioned by others, salt has nothing to do with pre-eclampsia. Toxaemia
is the *old* name for the condition, btw. I am sorry such rubbish gets air
time in your area -- could you alert your pre-eclampsia society?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue
Old May 30th 06, 12:33 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Hey everyone!

It seems like a while before I have been able to get on. Really it's
only been 2 days! But thanks for keeping up with my conversations =)
All the advice is greatly appreciated!

Still no extra pounds on my little body, but I'm not as concerned now.
Thanks =)

I have a Dr appointment tomorrow, so I'll make sure to bring up some
these things to him to see what he thinks. Maybe I'll get a new
ultra-sound picture that I can post. Hopefully everything is fine... He
wasn't very active yesterday. I only felt him kick in the morning, and
the rest of the day he was pretty relaxed.

I'll keep you all updated, as I hope you will with me too =)
Happy Memorial Day! - enjoy your day off if you get it!

Ash

Old May 30th 06, 12:54 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

ipinchibite wrote:
I just thought I would spread this little bit of information, but I'm
not sure if I believe it or not...

My husband was watching the news the other morning while we were
getting ready for work. They usually have a topic for preg mom's and
expecting daddy's, mostly about dieting, and nutrition, sleep patterns
etc...

This particular topic was about 'stress durring pregnancy' which, I
have found out there is plenty to go around with all of these hormones
and such. I don't pay much attention to the tv while getting ready, and
I wish I would have this time. My husband stated to me while I was
unloading the dishwasher, that the news said that pregnant women who
stress more durring their pregnancy, have smarter babies. Could that
really be true? I wish I would have been paying attention so I knew
more about it, but I didn't.

If it is, my baby will be a genius. I haven't been stressed about this
pregnancy, but the last 8 months have been pretty much the most
stressful of my life, including when I was writing my dissertation
which I was convinced was the most stressed I would ever be.

Between my work being insane and demanding, and trying to restore our
1890s Victorian so we have one room complete (and safe) before baby
comes, and a million other demands, I've been incredibly stressed,
despite my best efforts to relax. I don't think it's good for the baby,
it's not good for *me*!

Old May 31st 06, 08:37 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

ipinchibite wrote:
This particular topic was about 'stress durring pregnancy' which, I
have found out there is plenty to go around with all of these hormones
and such. I don't pay much attention to the tv while getting ready, and
I wish I would have this time. My husband stated to me while I was
unloading the dishwasher, that the news said that pregnant women who
stress more durring their pregnancy, have smarter babies. Could that
really be true? I wish I would have been paying attention so I knew
more about it, but I didn't.

It's not about smartness, but I remember a documentary I watched that
made a connection with pregnant stress and later development. It was a
doc about the structural differences between men's and women's brains,
and when they got to the topic of homosexual men, they stated that there
seemed to be a statistical link between women who experienced *extreme*
stress (women in London during the Blitz) during pregnancy whose sons
grew up to be gay. Something about the dumping of massive adrenaline
during the time when the fetus was developing from "might as well be a
girl" to definitely male.

(Please, let's not bring any "gay approval" issues up about this, I just
immediately thought of it when this topic was mentioned.)
--
Cheri Stryker
mom to DS1 - 7 years, and DS2 - 3 months
Old June 1st 06, 04:58 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Cheri Stryker wrote:
It's not about smartness, but I remember a documentary I watched that
made a connection with pregnant stress and later development. It was a
doc about the structural differences between men's and women's brains,
and when they got to the topic of homosexual men, they stated that there
seemed to be a statistical link between women who experienced *extreme*
stress (women in London during the Blitz) during pregnancy whose sons
grew up to be gay. Something about the dumping of massive adrenaline
during the time when the fetus was developing from "might as well be a
girl" to definitely male.

(Please, let's not bring any "gay approval" issues up about this, I just
immediately thought of it when this topic was mentioned.)

Wow Cheri... thanks for that input. I didn't hear anything like that.
That is quite interesting though! My stress level has gone up and down.
It changes with different days and events. Today's a pretty stressful
day. Me and the Hubby aren't getting along, and I have work today,
after having the last 2 off. I'm sure things will blow over with me and
Dustin, but work is something i'm not really modivated to do today.

Dr Apt went very well. I have a lack of Iron, but he just put me on a
slow desolving supplement. Found out what the weirdo pain was in my
right side. Ribs are spreading, and pushing my stomach and liver up
into my chest. All because the baby is sitting really high, and up
close to the surface. (Thanks for hurting mommy Seth!!) Other than
that, everything is fine. He's perfectly healthy, and where he's
supposed to be for 23.5 weeks.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be keeping in touch!
Ash

Old June 1st 06, 05:11 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Cheri Stryker wrote:

seemed to be a statistical link between women who experienced *extreme*
stress (women in London during the Blitz) during pregnancy whose sons
grew up to be gay.

ah well my son might well turn out to be gay then. Whatever, there are
far worse things he could turn out to be.

karen
Old June 1st 06, 11:31 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Karen wrote:
ah well my son might well turn out to be gay then. Whatever, there are
far worse things he could turn out to be.

karen

Yeah, that's true that he could end up worse... But, I did a study in
college about Homosexuality, deciding on if it was environmental, or in
the brain. Although this study has never been proven by scientists,
there are always theories, and opinions on the matter. After I took the
initiative to research it, and write my report on it, I have come to
believe that homosexuality does develop in the brain before the child
is born, and it is environment/situations that trigger it. On top of
that, I would have to say that I believe that every human is born with
this same trait in their brain to become homosexual, and the
environment and/or situations make it more evident. That could explain
today's homosexuality boom. It is alot more publicly acceptable
now-adays to be homosexual than it was 10-20 years ago. And because it
is more acceptable, the environment and situations have changed,
causing more people to accept homosexuality as their way of living.

I would also like to express my thoughts on this, before a conflict
comes out. I DO NOT have anything againts homosexuals, or their way of
living. I don't want anybody to think that all of a sudden I am against
it, and have judgements placed on me for it. Also with that, I do not
want you to think that I support gay rights, or an activist in any
manner. I am neutral with the debate, and can understand both sides. I
feel, that it is not my way of living, and I prefer the opposite sex.
On the other hand, I do have many gay friends whom I love to death.
It's like having male-girlfriends, guys to go shopping with! And, my
older brother just came out last year as of being homosexual. I love
him just the same, and support him on what makes him happy. I just
thought I would make that clear. Please don't start accusations towards
me for this...

Ash