Losing weight again, argh!

Old December 31st 03, 07:41 PM
Jill

Default Losing weight again, argh!

argh.....argh......argh.......my weight had started to creep up since
December 18 and I had put on 6 pounds and seemed to be holding on to them
steadily. That still put me a few pounds under my prepregnancy weight, but
it was relaxing....I have had a cold for a few days and have had no choice
but to use Sudafed (dr approved and much-needed, as sparingly as possible).
Sudafed makes me feel crappy and affects my sleep and appetite, and I lost
every bit of the 6 pounds I put on. I know logically that a lot of this is
most likely water weight. It's still frustrating...I know I will gain weight
and I had wanted a more gradual gain, I don't want to just pop out in the
last 2 months and put on 30 pounds and feel like I have been hit by a Mack
truck (that rapid 6 pound weight gain was bad enough!)

Old January 1st 04, 09:34 PM
Carol Ann

:I don't want to just pop out in the
: last 2 months and put on 30 pounds and feel like I have been hit by a Mack
: truck (that rapid 6 pound weight gain was bad enough!)

Gosh, Jill, I've gained 22 lbs and am 28 weeks along. If I had to do this
again (maybe I will) I will try and lose weight PRIOR to becoming pregnant
and try to not gain for the first 6 or so months.

If I gain 30lbs in the next 3 months, I'll just explode!

Do hope you are feeling up to eating and gaining soon!

~Carol Ann

Old January 1st 04, 10:16 PM
Welches

Jill wrote in message
. com...
argh.....argh......argh.......my weight had started to creep up since
December 18 and I had put on 6 pounds and seemed to be holding on to them
steadily. That still put me a few pounds under my prepregnancy weight, but
it was relaxing....I have had a cold for a few days and have had no choice
but to use Sudafed (dr approved and much-needed, as sparingly as

possible).
Sudafed makes me feel crappy and affects my sleep and appetite, and I lost
every bit of the 6 pounds I put on. I know logically that a lot of this is
most likely water weight. It's still frustrating...I know I will gain

weight
and I had wanted a more gradual gain, I don't want to just pop out in the
last 2 months and put on 30 pounds and feel like I have been hit by a Mack
truck (that rapid 6 pound weight gain was bad enough!)

Don't worry about it. I hadn't gained anything at 20 weeks. I didn't gain
much over all the pregnancy, so you won't necessarily gain lots. Just be
thankful that you shouldn't have much to loose afterwards. At my 6 week
check I was 1/2 stone under my pre-pregnancy weight. It was very nice to be
told by the dr. that I should be looking at putting it back on again, just
before Christmas!- and I haven't managed to gain, despite eating too much
over Christmas... I like breastfeeding!
That is my compensation for being sick for most of the pregnancy.
Debbie

Old January 2nd 04, 04:29 AM
Coccinella

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
link.net...
:I don't want to just pop out in the
: last 2 months and put on 30 pounds and feel like I have been hit by a

Mack
: truck (that rapid 6 pound weight gain was bad enough!)

Gosh, Jill, I've gained 22 lbs and am 28 weeks along. If I had to do this
again (maybe I will) I will try and lose weight PRIOR to becoming pregnant
and try to not gain for the first 6 or so months.

I actually stopped gaining weight. I cannot believe it but I lost 1 lb in
the last 4 ww. My belly on the other hand is gianormous! I look like humpty
dumpty (with boobs!).
I gained a lot of weight during my first 4 months (in spite of m/s), 34 lb.
I think I can do it with losing some of my fat while the little girl gets
the good nutrients!

BTW Happy birthday for 12/21 (sorry belated!)

Happy New Year

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 2nd 04, 06:13 AM
Carol Ann

:::: I don't want to just pop out in the
:::: last 2 months and put on 30 pounds and feel like I have been hit by a
Mack
:::: truck (that rapid 6 pound weight gain was bad enough!)
:::
::: Gosh, Jill, I've gained 22 lbs and am 28 weeks along. If I had to do
this
::: again (maybe I will) I will try and lose weight PRIOR to becoming
pregnant
::: and try to not gain for the first 6 or so months.
::
:: I actually stopped gaining weight. I cannot believe it but I lost 1 lb in
:: the last 4 ww. My belly on the other hand is gianormous! I look like
humpty
:: dumpty (with boobs!).
:: I gained a lot of weight during my first 4 months (in spite of m/s), 34
lb.
:: I think I can do it with losing some of my fat while the little girl gets
:: the good nutrients!
::
:: BTW Happy birthday for 12/21 (sorry belated!)
::
:: Happy New Year

Thanks, Nicky! Happy New Year to you!!

We will have our daughters around the same time this year. How exciting.
We only have a few months left. I'm beginning to get scared.

I feel like a deer in headlites. I'm actually so overwhelmed with what
needs to be done that I don't do anything!

My mother and I are planning a trip to Atlanta to buy everything we need in
one day! YIKES! Kevin and I are planning on "updating" the rooms in the
house this month. So much to do!

My baby shower is planned for February 8th (I think). I am really looking
forward to seeing my girlfriends again. I hope they can all come.

What an exciting year this will be!

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4, 2004
It's a girl!

Old January 2nd 04, 05:58 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote
We only have a few months left. I'm beginning to get scared.

I feel like a deer in headlites. I'm actually so overwhelmed with what
needs to be done that I don't do anything!

snip

My baby shower is planned for February 8th (I think).

I have 4 months and some days left, and I am scared-- it's not what we have
to do to get ready, as in what items to acquire and what things to
fix...it's knowing that someone is coming into this world and I am totally
responsible for their well-being and every need. That is overwhelming but I
look forward to it, I think I will do very well, but it is still
frightening.

I was wondering about a baby shower, such as when is the best time for one
to be held. I'm getting 2...one will be local, given by my former coworkers
where I used to work. The other is being given by my sister-in-law and
husband's side of the family, and it is out of town....she was talking about
having it in early April. I am due May 17. I worry about her planning
something and then me not being able to travel? I will probably technically
be able to, but worry if I will feel up to it... I am thrilled they are
giving me a shower, my own family is not giving me one. (My mom wants to
give one for me for her firends to attend, but no one in my family will
attend- my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are not speaking to my mom or dad as
they have had a falling out...no one will come to anything she plans, and
she doesn't even want to invite the family anyway. I am requesting that she
not give me a shower because I don't feel comfortable going to one with only
her friends at it, I don't really know them...)

Old January 2nd 04, 09:14 PM
Coccinella

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
Thanks, Nicky! Happy New Year to you!!

We will have our daughters around the same time this year. How exciting.
We only have a few months left. I'm beginning to get scared.

I know! Isn't it exciting?
Only 12 ww to go!
I am not totally scared yet but every time I see the Dr I remind her that I
want as many epidurals as I can get!

I feel like a deer in headlites. I'm actually so overwhelmed with what
needs to be done that I don't do anything!

I am not doing anything either. I am just smiling and blissfully dumb! (Not
to say clumsy! not even as a child I dropped food on myself as much as I do
now! I am going through at least 2-3 T-shirts a day!)

My mother and I are planning a trip to Atlanta to buy everything we need

in
one day! YIKES! Kevin and I are planning on "updating" the rooms in the
house this month. So much to do!

WOW that is exciting! As soon as we found out I was pg we paint-washed our
second bdroom in pale green and I applied wallies all around of butterflies
and ladybirds. We wanted something that grown-ups who visit can enjoy, too!
My in-laws loved it. Tomorrow we are also going to IKEA to buy the crib. I
love IKEA and the sale is on now. It's one of the few places where oth DH
and I like to go.

My baby shower is planned for February 8th (I think). I am really looking
forward to seeing my girlfriends again. I hope they can all come.

That is really nice. I am sure that you'll have a fantastic time. I wish I
could have a baby-shower, too, but all my friends are scattered around
Europe and the States. Still I am getting a lot of advice and lots of books
and presents from all of them. It's like having a lot of mini-showers!

What an exciting year this will be!

Couldn't agree more!

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4, 2004
It's a girl!

Love
--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 2nd 04, 09:35 PM
Coccinella

"Jill" wrote in message
r.com...

"Carol Ann" wrote
We only have a few months left. I'm beginning to get scared.

I feel like a deer in headlites. I'm actually so overwhelmed with what
needs to be done that I don't do anything!

snip

My baby shower is planned for February 8th (I think).

I have 4 months and some days left, and I am scared-- it's not what we

have
to do to get ready, as in what items to acquire and what things to
fix...it's knowing that someone is coming into this world and I am totally
responsible for their well-being and every need. That is overwhelming but

look forward to it, I think I will do very well, but it is still
frightening.

I totally understand how you feel, Jill. I was the same 1-2 months ago. Now,
like I said to Carol Ann I am blissfully dumb. I have never been better.
Everything seems to fall in place. I can only assume it's the hormones,
since I am usually a freak even on medication!

I was wondering about a baby shower, such as when is the best time for one
to be held. I'm getting 2...one will be local, given by my former

coworkers
where I used to work. The other is being given by my sister-in-law and
husband's side of the family, and it is out of town....she was talking

about
having it in early April. I am due May 17. I worry about her planning
something and then me not being able to travel? I will probably

technically
be able to, but worry if I will feel up to it...

That is so nice! Two showers. I am sure you'll have a great time. About
travelling to your SIL is it far? I am in my 7th month now and I still feel
great. Actually the car-seat is one of the most confortable places for my
back. I wouldn't have it later than the 1st week of April, though.

I am thrilled they are
giving me a shower, my own family is not giving me one. (My mom wants to
give one for me for her firends to attend, but no one in my family will
attend- my aunts, uncles, cousins, etc are not speaking to my mom or dad

as
they have had a falling out...no one will come to anything she plans, and
she doesn't even want to invite the family anyway. I am requesting that

she
not give me a shower because I don't feel comfortable going to one with

only
her friends at it, I don't really know them...)

Nobody on my side of the family even knows I am pg (and I am an only
child!). I totally given up on it. I understand prefectly why you wouldn't
feel comfortable at the baby shower given by your mother. It would be more
for her than for you. My in-laws cannot give a shower for me because they
live in Ireland, France and Germany, but, as we say in Italian, they can
hardly be in their skin! They are so excited because this is their first
grandchild. They have already gone beserk. For Christmas they sent us a
digital camcorder (and this was because we told them we didn't want any
presents, but they could buy toys or clothes or whatever they wanted for the
little girl!). Then we found out today that they wanted to give us the
stroller, but we bought it ourselves. So they thought of the crib and we
just told them that we are going to buy it this week-end in IKEA (I love
that place and the sale is on!).
I think my in-laws compensate for all my parents are unable to give. They
even asked us today if it would be OK for us if they came here to the States
for Easter to see the little girl. And they also proposed to go to a hotel
or a B&B. Plus all the extended family of DH (big Irish family with 13
uncles/ants) and good dear friends of my in-laws are getting presents for
us. Coming from a very small family, all this is fantastic for me.

Even if it's a bit of a strange situation, remembering your posts about your
mam I agree with you that it is for the best. Anyway she'll have plenty of
time and things to do for her grand-daughter that she won't even realize how
quickly 4 months can fly by. It's the one thing I noticed with my pg. In the
beginning I felt that time was standing still. Now it's flying by. And it is
the same for all the people around us waiting for our little girl.

I hope that your cold has gone and that you start again your weight gain!

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Weight Gain Question Mickee General 4 May 6th 04 10:02 PM
My Weight loss Story Jenny General 39 April 30th 04 05:04 PM
I am gaining weight now!! Jill Pregnancy 1 December 28th 03 07:58 AM
Losing weight during first trimester.... Jill Pregnancy 55 December 10th 03 11:51 PM
Weight gain Kereru Pregnancy 8 July 29th 03 06:51 AM