Shh! They're sleeping! *knocks on wood*

Old September 23rd 08, 03:48 PM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default Shh! They're sleeping! *knocks on wood*

I believe I've whined and complained here about DDs and their sleeping...
Just a rundown...

They share a room... and have since DD2 graduated from beside me in my bed
into her own room/crib, and I think that was when she was about a year or so
old. She'll be 2 in 1 month and 1 day

So, she shares a room with DD1 (who just turned 3 in Aug) and at first it
went fine. Then, not too long ago, DD1 started acting like a real jerk...
Doing things that weren't nice and sometimes downright dangerous. Quick
examples I can think of... DD1 jumps into DD2's crib and jumps in there...
Rips the sheets off, throws the blankets out - that kind of stuff. DD1 also
seems to wake up with the birds and wake DD2 up (sometimes by 6am) One time
I remember DD1 caught hell and was sent back to her bed after I found her
jumping in the crib... She was put back in bed and 10 mins later I bolt up
the stairs because DD2 is just screaming her face off... Turns out DD1 had
thrown every last toy in the room into the crib - DD2 was standing there,
freaking out, piled up to her armpits (yes, literally) with all the toys in
the room. That night I had went and put ALL the toys in garbage bags (this
is after I had already taken all the hard toys out a while back and left
only soft ones) and hauled the stuffed animals in bags to the basement.
Then DD1 started ripping the clothes out of both dressers and throwing them
around the room and again, in the crib.
I don't have much for options...Both girls still nap during the day. DS has
his own room, but he's also up by 7 for school and needs to sleep and can't
nap during the day, so by default, the girls need to share a room (and
should) DD2 naps in the playpen in my room during the day as she cannot go
without napping.

Well, since the early spring, I believe, the sleeping as been an issue. And
it's always DD1 - DD2 is trying to sleep and is tired at night, but DD1
won't let her. Yes, I've tried everything - I nailed blackout material to
the window... thinking maybe DD1 would sleep if she doesn't see the sun
coming up. I've tried keeping DD1 up later so she's more tired and even if
she's in bed really, really late, she STILL messes around at bed time and is
still up at the crack of dawn. I've tried putting DD2 to bed in my room and
then moving her to her own room at night, which is fine for going to bed but
doesn't help with mornings and DD1...

DD1 has destroyed 2 crib mattresses, has left DD2 unable to properly sleep
for a while and just seems to act like a total monster!

Today, however, it's just before 9am... I am still not hearing any noise
coming from upstairs - and I even peeked in to make sure both girls were
still alive and breathing!
I guess today is just a lucky day for me...Normally both girls are up before
I actually get up before 7, and if not, it's almost guaranteed they'll be up
and messing around long before DS's bus comes (just before 8) but today...
well, it seems like the day is starting off alright! LOL

Old September 23rd 08, 05:06 PM posted to misc.kids
NL

Kat schrieb:
snip
I guess today is just a lucky day for me...Normally both girls are up before
I actually get up before 7, and if not, it's almost guaranteed they'll be up
and messing around long before DS's bus comes (just before 8) but today...
well, it seems like the day is starting off alright! LOL

So, tell me, when did your guy move out? ;-)

Sam was the baby that didn't sleep. Until we moved away from his father.
Just less stress to go around I guess.

Let's hope it lasts for all of you :-)

cu
nicole