Your Kid Is Fat and That Is Bad

Old July 16th 07, 02:26 PM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Default Your Kid Is Fat and That Is Bad

Published: 14:06 EST, July 13, 2007
Overweight child removed from home
A mother in northwest England is fighting to get her 8-year-old
daughter back after the town council removed the girl because she was
extremely overweight.

The Cumbria County Council reportedly had a number of concerns about
the girl's upbringing but said it was her obesity that triggered the
decision to put her into care, The Times of London reported Friday.

"Parental behavior that leads to childhood obesity can be a form of
neglect," says Anne Ridgeway, chairman of the Cumbria Local
Safeguarding Children Board.

The girl's mother contends her daughter's size is related to a medical
problem or genetics and has nothing to do with diet.

"Our daughter doesn't overeat and she's active," the mother told The
Times. "The only bad thing we have given her is fizzy drinks."

The 5-foot-tall girl reportedly wears a size 16, which is six sizes
larger than the average for her age.

According to Britain's National Obesity Forum, the girl is the latest
of a small number of children taken into care because of obesity.

Copyright 2007 by United Press International

---------------------------------------------------------------------------****--------------------------

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk

Old July 16th 07, 03:04 PM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Exactly how much are .. **we** / government going to owe this woman ..
WHEN .. it is proven the iron added to her food is what got her kid ..
removed ..

How .. much ..

Or should we all be .. beaten ..

Serum ferritin is .. iron ..

snip
directly demonstrate an association between serum ferritin and
visceral fat area (VFA), and subcutaneous fat area (SFA),
snip

Diabetes Care. 2005 Oct;28(10):2486-91. Links

Serum ferritin is associated with visceral fat area and subcutaneous
fat area.

Iwasaki T, Nakajima A, Yoneda M, Yamada Y, Mukasa K, Fujita K,
Fujisawa

N, Wada K, Terauchi Y.

Department of EndocrinologyMetabolism, Yokohama City University
Graduate School of Medicine, 3-9 Fukuura, Kanazawa-ku, Yokohama
236-0004, Japan. .

OBJECTIVE:
Until now, few clinical studies have reported on the
association between the indexes of body fat distribution and serum
ferritin, an indicator of body iron stores and a putative risk factor
for insulin resistance. We investigated the association between serum
ferritin concentrations and the indexes of distribution of adipose
tissues in the body, such as the visceral fat area (VFA), the
subcutaneous fat area (SFA), and the hepatic fat content in Japanese
subjects.
RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS:
A total of 248 Japanese subjects
(127 men and 121 postmenopausal women aged 57.8 +/- 13.9 years, BMI
25.7 +/- 4.6 kg/m(2); 140 subjects with type 2 diabetes and 108
nondiabetic subjects) were evaluated. Subjects with a history of
alcohol intake were excluded from the study. We measured body height,
body weight, and serum ferritin, as well as fasting plasma glucose
and
plasma insulin concentrations. We estimated insulin resistance by
homeostasis model assessment. The fat distribution was evaluated by
measuring the VFA and SFA by abdominal computed tomography at the
umbilical level. To assess the hepatic fat content, the ratio of the
computed tomography attenuation value of the liver to that of the
spleen was calculated. RESULTS: Serum ferritin was significantly
correlated with the various indexes of adiposity examined, such as
the
hepatic fat content (r = -0.280, P 0.0001), VFA (r = 0.254, P
0.0001), SFA (r = 0.231, P = 0.0005), and homeostasis model
assessment
(r = 0.286, P = 0.0008). CONCLUSIONS: This is the first report to
directly demonstrate an association between serum ferritin and VFA
and
SFA. The results of this study suggest that the serum ferritin
concentration may be a useful indicator of systemic fat content and
degree of insulin resistance.

PMID: 16186284 [PubMed - in process]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------***------------------------------

Old July 16th 07, 08:14 PM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
RArmant

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 06:26:30 -0700, "
wrote:

According to Britain's National Obesity Forum, the girl is the latest
of a small number of children taken into care because of obesity.

When these kids are taken into care do they lose weight?
And if the answer is yes, this means environment not genes.

Old July 16th 07, 10:31 PM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

On Jul 16, 12:14 pm, RArmant wrote: When these kids are taken into care do they lose weight?
And if the answer is yes, this means environment not genes.

I could make anyone lose weight ..

They sure as hell will make this kid lose weight ..

It is in their best interest to make the kid lose weight ..

We should try the NEW method of .. starvation ..

You think starvation will work .. ?

That is the problem with this whole deal ..

'They' don't KNOW .. scientifically .. that starvation WILL ..
work ..

A person can do that type of study in ones' .. head ..

Most people can ..

Medical professionals have a problem with logic and reason .. they
only know what is SPOONFED to them ..

Sooo .. as a nice .. guy ..

Tell them ..

What will happen to this kids' weight when you starve .. her .. ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------****------------------------------

Old July 17th 07, 12:04 AM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

Now if .. they .. have decided it IS .. bad to be .. overweight .. to
the point it can BE .. called .. **"Abuse!!"** .. what is to stop
them from coming after .. you .. IF .. you are overweight .. ?

You are .. obviously .. incapable of looking after .. yourself.

THAT is NOW .. **obvious** / agreed upon by YOU and me /
government ..

THAT means if you are .. incapable / unable to .. cope ..

'WE' .. have .. to .. step up .. TO .. help you ..

Don't we .. ?

Are we not BOUND by .. the .. **obvious** / obesity ..?

At least throw some money to you when we see you in the .. street?

Isn't that .. logical .. ?

Just .. wondering ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*****------------------------------

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://tinyurl.com/a3cc3

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING
http://tinyurl.com/zk9fk
..

Old July 17th 07, 12:36 AM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
[email protected]

You know this WILL make my life a bit easier ..

I've been holding IN my looks of obvious disgust and pity when I gaze
upon a gluttonous .. pig ..

I am no longer bound by .. propriety ..

I am .. freer ..

Thanks all you .. weight challenged .. soon to be imprisoned ..
people ..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------******------------------------------

Old July 19th 07, 02:17 AM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
Medusa

On Jul 16, 6:36 pm, " wrote:
You know this WILL make my life a bit easier ..

I've been holding IN my looks of obvious disgust and pity when I gaze
upon a gluttonous .. pig ..

I am no longer bound by .. propriety ..

And just when have you EVER been polite?

Oh, yeah, maybe in the real world, where making fun of people may get
you slammed with a fist. Here you can be your obnoxious self.

I am .. freer ..

Thanks all you .. weight challenged .. soon to be imprisoned ..
people ..

Watch out. They may come for you next. Nutcase people used to be
locked up.

Medusa

Old July 17th 07, 12:18 AM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
Vernono O

wrote:

According to Britain's National Obesity Forum, the girl is the latest
of a small number of children taken into care because of obesity.

When these kids are taken into care do they lose weight?
And if the answer is yes, this means environment not genes.

Some (SOME) people have a lower metabolism (genes). Eating less is a "cure"
for "obesity".
Obesity is NEVER genetic.
Families often pass poor eating habits to their progeny (pigs).

Old July 17th 07, 03:29 AM posted to sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,misc.health.alternative,sci.med.nursing,misc.kids.health
RArmant

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:18:09 -0700, "Vernono O" Here @there wrote:

Families often pass poor eating habits to their progeny (pigs).

A family that overeats together gets fat together -- and then they
blame it on genes.