Scared I won't go away

Old November 4th 05, 10:44 PM
Opinions

Default Scared I won't go away

According to LaVonne: If I post, I'm harassing her. If I don't it's
because I'm illogical.

According to Kane: He writes ad infinitum responses to my posts because
he's bored. Actually, he seems more scared because he can't make me go
away.

Truth is, I'm bored with both of them, which is why I don't regularly
respond to either of them or care much what either of them thinks.
Neither is open-minded enough to be intellectually stimulating; neither
seems capable of an original thought. They stick to their politically
correct talking points. So, I post beyond them.

Much like semi-literate backwoods snake-handing preachers, they
mindlessly recite the same incantations over and over again. All the
while, they seem to be praying that they don't get bit too badly by the
snake of their choosing.

Old November 5th 05, 12:05 AM

Opinions wrote:
According to LaVonne: If I post, I'm harassing her. If I don't it's
because I'm illogical.

Really?

According to Kane: He writes ad infinitum responses to my posts because
he's bored. Actually, he seems more scared because he can't make me go
away.

"ad infinitum?" Really? I thought for me I was terse and spare in my
narrative.

Truth is, I'm bored with both of them, which is why I don't regularly
respond to either of them or care much what either of them thinks.

Oh yeah, sure. That's it.

Neither is open-minded enough to be intellectually stimulating; neither
seems capable of an original thought.

You seem unable to respond directly to those non-"original thought"(s)
we send you and you don't answer, except with ad hom, as you just did,
again.

They stick to their politically
correct talking points. So, I post beyond them.

That's odd. I responded directly to your questions. And my answers are
not all that politically popular.

Much like semi-literate backwoods snake-handing preachers, they
mindlessly recite the same incantations over and over again.

This will be about the fourth or fifth snakehandlers message from you,
repetitious and without going to the subject of this ng.

All the
while, they seem to be praying that they don't get bit too badly by the
snake of their choosing.

I'm an athiest, hence I don't pray.

I doubt LaVonne would trouble her god/gods/goddess with you as you are
hardly any trouble at all.

As for your subject field declaration (no question mark?) about being
scared you won't go away?

Opinion, it's my opinion that the more fools like you that come here
representing the spankers side of the issue the better it is for those
of us that do not hold with using pain and humiliation to "teach" a
child.

Not only are you welcome, but you are doubly welcome. You've no idea
how tiresomely boring (and repetitious) your screeching monkeyboy has
been for the last 4 years.

It's nice to see yet another example of the spanker and apologist crowd
show up. I find we can't keep them long when we ask those more
difficult questions, simple ones at that.

YOU tried to answer the question about the line between abuse and
discipline in the use of spanking.

Sadly, you pulled the same bs that monkeyboy has tried
forever...anything but the answer.

I asked not for anyone else's viewpoint..not the law, not local vs
nationwide, but a simple guide to how any parent, anywhere, that wanted
to use spanking could know for themselves and their
spankee...child...where they force, frequency, and interval length must
stop for it not to pass over into abuse.

Now there is a very simple question, is it not?

Especially since so many seem to think they know, but then revert to
silly answer's like you and monkeyboy.

I'm not interested in "reasonable people," as all too often I've found
them highly inaccurate. I'm not interested in Alabama vs California, or
fundy vs mainstream.

I want an answer to the mechanics so I don't have to, should I chose to
spank, rely on all that highly inaccurate biased beliefs and wobbly
thinking for my decision.

Just a little precision. How hard may I hit given the child's age,
size, disposition, frame of reference, mindset, health at the moment,
etc. and how many strokes before I stop, delivered at what rate of
speed and interval?

May I tap more litely and do it longer and be safe? May I spank only
once a year and whale the hell out of them and presume they won't be
injured? Every five days? Every ten minutes? What?

Please, help us out here. You seem so well educated and wise?

Had to drop using the college server, did you?

And don't go away. We like you.

0:-

Old November 8th 05, 11:53 PM
Carlson LaVonne

Opinions wrote:

According to LaVonne: If I post, I'm harassing her. If I don't it's
because I'm illogical.

That's not at all what I said. Go back and read through the thread.
Better yet, don't cut the correspondence when writing.

According to Kane: He writes ad infinitum responses to my posts because
he's bored. Actually, he seems more scared because he can't make me go
away.

I rather doubt that Kane is scared of you (grin)! I certainly see
nothing in his posts that would indicate this, nor can I imagine why he
would be scared of you. The more illogical prospankers on the ng the
better, for this only helps to make the case against the practice.

Truth is, I'm bored with both of them, which is why I don't regularly
respond to either of them or care much what either of them thinks.
Neither is open-minded enough to be intellectually stimulating; neither
seems capable of an original thought. They stick to their politically
correct talking points. So, I post beyond them.

I had to giggle when I read this. Perhaps you define any individual who
disagrees with you or whose post you cannot understand as not being
"intellectually stimulating" enough to warrant a discussion or a debate.

Much like semi-literate backwoods snake-handing preachers, they
mindlessly recite the same incantations over and over again. All the
while, they seem to be praying that they don't get bit too badly by the
snake of their choosing.

This is really interesting. How many "semi-literate backwoods
snake-handling preachers" do you know that refer to peer-reviewed
scientific research to support their position? Both Kane and I have
done so on more occasions than I can count. I have been on this ng for
10 years.

Is this an example of your logical thinking or is it an example of your
intellectual prowess? It's hard to tell (grin).

LaVonne

LaVonne

Old November 9th 05, 12:00 AM
Carlson LaVonne

Kane,

I couldn't resist responding to this:

All the
while, they seem to be praying that they don't get bit too badly by the
snake of their choosing.

I'm an athiest, hence I don't pray.

I doubt LaVonne would trouble her god/gods/goddess with you as you are
hardly any trouble at all.

I'm not an atheist and yes, I do pray. It has never occurred to me to
pray about opinions and his posts. Scientific research and experience
has led me to form the conclusion I hold about physical assault and
battery of children in the name of discipline (commonly referred to as
spanking). My understanding of the Bible and my faith has reinforced my
position. Jesus' position on children has been supported by scientific
research for decades.

LaVonne

Old November 9th 05, 01:33 AM

Default So, give us your Opinion...a spanked child or not? Scared I won't go away

One dead in Tennessee school shooting
Sheriff: Student suspected in shooting of three administrators

Tuesday, November 8, 2005; Posted: 6:30 p.m. EST (23:30 GMT)

JACKSBORO, Tennessee (CNN) -- A student opened fire Tuesday afternoon
on a principal and two assistant principals at a high school in
Jacksboro, Tennessee, killing one of them, the sheriff said.

The suspect was taken into custody, authorities said.

No students were injured, and Campbell County Comprehensive High School
was locked down immediately after the shootings, said Judy Blevens,
director of Campbell County schools. About 1,400 students are enrolled
in the school. ...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/08/ten...ing/index.html

Tennessee, of course, is a school paddling state, isn't it now.

Here's quite an analysis of correlated outcomes in paddling states:

http://www.nospank.net/guthrow.htm

Murder Rate (highest):

Of the states with the ten highest murder rates in the United
States, educators paddle children in eight of them. ...

Murder Rate (lowest):

Of the states with the ten lowest murder rates in the nation,
educators paddle children in one of them. ...

Incarceration Rate (highest):

Of the ten states with the highest percentage of the population in
prison, educators paddle children in nine of them.

Incarceration Rate (lowest):

Of the ten states with the lowest percentage of the population in
prison, educators do not paddle children in any of them.

Condition of Children lndex* (worst):

Of the ten worst states in the United States in which to raise
children, as measured by the condition of children index, educators
paddle children in all ten of them.

Condition of Children lndex* (best):

Of the ten best states in the United States in which to raise
children, as measured by the condition of children index, educators do
not paddle children in any of them.

Average Proficiency in Math --8th grade (worst):

Of the states in the bottom ten percent* in terms of average
proficiency in math, educators paddle children in all of them.

Average Proficiency in Math --8th grade (best):

Of the states in the top ten percent* in terms of average
proficiency in math, educators paddle children in one of them.

High School Completion Rate (worst):

Of the states with the ten worst high school completion rates,
educators paddle children in seven of them.

High School Completion Rate (best):

Of the states with the ten best high school completion rates,
educators paddle children in one of them.

State and Local Education Spending (worst):

Of the ten worst states in terms of state and local education
spending, educators paddle children in seven of them.

State and Local Education Spending (best):

Of the ten best states in terms of state and local education
spending, educators paddle children in one of them.

Spending per Pupil (worst):

Of the ten worst states in terms of spending per pupil, educators
paddle children in seven of them.

Spending per Pupil (best):

Of the ten best states in terms of spending per pupil, educators
paddle children in one of them.

Percentage of the Population Over 25 With a High School Diploma in 2000
(worst):

Of the ten worst states in terms of percentage of the population
over 25 with a high school diploma, educators paddle children in seven
of them.

Percentage of the Population Over 25 With a High School Diploma in 2000
(best):

Of the ten best states in terms of percentage of the population
over 25 with a high school diploma, educators paddle children in one of
them.

Percentage of the Population in Poverty (worst):

Of the ten most impoverished states in the United States, educators
paddle children school in seven of them.

Percentage of the Population in Poverty (best):

Of the ten least impoverished states in the United States,
educators paddle children school in two of them.

Percentage of Children in Poverty (worst):

Of the ten states in the United States with the highest percentage
of children in poverty, educators paddle children in eight of them.

Percentage of Children in Poverty (best):

Of the ten states in the United States with the lowest percentage
of children in poverty, educators paddle children in two of them.

Percentage of Births to Unwed Mothers (worst):

Of the ten states in the United States with the highest percentage
of births to unwed mothers, educators paddle children in nine of them.

Percentage of Births to Unwed Mothers (best):

Of the ten states in the United States with the lowest percentage
of births to unwed mothers, educators paddle children in two of them.

State Health Rankings (worst):

Of the states with the ten worst state health rankings, educators
paddle children in eight of them.

State Health Rankings (best):

Of the states with the ten best state health rankings, educators
paddle children in one of them.

Age-Adjusted Death Rate (worst):

Of the ten states with the highest age-adjusted death rates,
educators paddle children in nine of them.

Age-Adiusted Death Rate (best):

Of the ten states with the lowest age-adjusted death rates,
educators paddle children in one of them.

In other words, Opinion, the worst societal outcomes seem to be
happening more in the school paddling states, and very
disproportionately so.

Would you presume for us these would be states were also parents do NOT
spank their children more than those states that have no school
paddling going on?

I bet you would. You'd do just about anything to preserve your right
wing fundy beliefs and foist them on others.

Typical.

Let me tell you what the fence sitters are going to do in the next
presidental and congressional elections given what we have seen in
recent years. They are going to sweep the republicans out of office for
a couple of decades.

I'd prefer, since I am one, reforming the Republican Party and getting
it back to what it was meant to be, instead of the preempted party of
the fundy nutso ultra conservative dangerous twits.

Watch what happens, dimwit.

0:-

Old November 9th 05, 02:49 AM

http://www.katu.com/stories/80960.html

Looks like Tennesee, where this most recent shooting of school
administrators by a student has had other problems like this.
Apparently all that paddling hasn't slowed down those children with
poor self discipline. Guess they need to paddle more, right, Opinion?

" ... Tuesday's shooting is the second fatal shooting of a school
employee in Tennessee this year.

Stewart County school bus driver Joyce Gregory, 47, was killed as she
stopped to pick up a student on her route on March 1. Jason Clinard,
15, is charged with murder in the case and will be tried as an adult.

In August a boy was accidentally shot in the leg in a middle school
restroom in Jefferson County. The investigation into that incident led
police to charge two students in a plot to kill a teacher at Maury
Middle School. ... "

Let me see now, it's asst. principals that are assigned discipline
duties in the schools, and most often the one that does the paddling,
if it's legal and allowed.

And it was two asst principals and a principal that got shot. How
interesting.

Do you suppose his parents didn't spank this child enough? Or was he
one of those extremely rare children in Tennessee that aren't spanked?

Kane

Give scared girls help, not politics wexwimpy Foster Parents 1 June 10th 05 07:03 PM
Review: I'm Not Scared (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 May 11th 04 07:11 PM
scared nikki Pregnancy 8 January 15th 04 02:15 AM
Pregnant with 1st, and scared! Jill Pregnancy 22 September 20th 03 01:27 AM
scared after dr's visit (fear of loss mntnd, bit graphic) Niki Pregnancy 14 August 1st 03 03:42 PM