Kids and Cell phone - How technology separated parent and kids

Old June 11th 07, 09:49 AM posted to misc.kids
safiyyah

Default Kids and Cell phone - How technology separated parent and kids

This is a silent killer to parent and kids relationship . Nowadays,
cell phone becomes part of everybody's life. This gadget is the most
important thing we put in our handbag or pouch. However, the most
important thing in every parent's life is of course, the child.

A report by Marilyn Heins at azstarnet said, "Kids get short-changed
when Mommy is talking to a person on the phone instead of the child
right there" I always saw mommies and daddies busy talking to the
phone whilst the kids are around at shopping complexes, restaurants
and even when walking on the road!

We should consider kids as a friend and a beloved one. If we can
entertain friends well, why not give full attention to our kids . Let
them get the love and attention , which belong to them. This is their
right to get good attention from you, their parent.

Why not turn off the phone while you are with your kids . Let the
technology do the task for you by letting people leave the message
while the phone is not alive (I mean turned off).

Kids grow very fast. No matter how good we are, we must spend quality
time with them in order to get to teach them and look for their needs.
We never knew how fast they did grow, but as long as we are always
with them, we will always get to know them, as their playmate, their
teacher and then their best friend.

I will never deny the important of this "talking gadget", but we
ourself could not have denied how important our child is. So, why not
make a wise choice by giving the kids what they deserve.

Why on earth should we spare the cell phone for friends or colleague
or work, then neglect our duty as a parent

best regard,
vee
http://www.kidsmanual.duniamama.com