so, did everyone defect from usenet?

Old April 12th 09, 04:58 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

Default so, did everyone defect from usenet?

"enigma" wrote in message
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

I'm still here. Gotta wade through all that spam, though. I love this
group. Hope it doesn't die out.

Old April 12th 09, 07:57 PM posted to misc.kids
dejablues[_4_]

"enigma" wrote in message
"dejablues" wrote in
:

I look in every couple of days to see if there's anything
besides spam and random suspicious intros.
How's your son and your critters, lee?

he's still a bit too perfectionist, but he's getting better. he's
doing really well in the new school he started this year. it confirms
my suspicions that he was the class scapegoat at the old school.
he has a few things he doesn't like to do in the classroom, like
spelling, so he can take that & go to the office to work alone. he's
reading on a 9th grade level now... i've dug out a lot of my older
sci-fi & fantasy books for him.
the critters are good. we're debating getting more chickens, as we
have an aging population & eggs are a bit sparse (& the stupid rat
that eats eggs isn't helping)
lee

Your barn cats are laying down on the job! Hehe.
We don't have livestock of our own, but there is a farm behind us and a few
of their barn rats migrated over here last year to eat our bird feed. One
"aww cute, look, a rat!" turned into a family of 15. We trapped most of them
and our intrepid housecats got the final few, because after we took away
their food supply they came into the house!

I'm sorry to hear of Boo's school troubles, but glad he's doing better. Is
his new school a public or private one? A teacher that actually *likes* your
kid is a huge plus.

My kids are huge readers as well, not so much the stuff I liked as a child,
but hey, if they read, I'm happy!

Old April 12th 09, 09:00 PM posted to misc.kids
Welches

"enigma" wrote in message
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

Oh no. It's very lively. The spammers really are generating a lot of post...
Debbie

Old April 12th 09, 09:48 PM posted to misc.kids
enigma

"dejablues" wrote in
:

Your barn cats are laying down on the job! Hehe.

they aren't particularly huge cats, i think around 6-8 pounds, & i
suspect this rat is pretty big. they have brought me plenty of
young rats.

We don't have livestock of our own, but there is a farm behind
us and a few of their barn rats migrated over here last year to
eat our bird feed. One "aww cute, look, a rat!" turned into a
family of 15. We trapped most of them and our intrepid housecats
got the final few, because after we took away their food supply
they came into the house!

yeah, rats are like that. the chickens will be moving into the new
barn, which has a cement floor, in a few weeks.
what's really annoying though is, now that it's warmed up somewhat
& the chickens are out roaming more, they started laying under a
cement tub that was propped against a rock wall. i knew about the
"hidden" nest & was collecting the eggs until 2 days ago when i
went to look and there was a hole right under where the nest area
was... rat had tunneled up under to get the eggs.
i tried putting a hav-a-hart trap in the barn but the chickens
keep setting it off. maybe i should stick it under the cement tub
with an egg as bait...

I'm sorry to hear of Boo's school troubles, but glad he's doing
better. Is his new school a public or private one? A teacher
that actually *likes* your kid is a huge plus.

yeah, she *does* like him & it's obvious in how she talks about
him. "he doesn't just hear a different drummer, he's got his own
marching band..." and she's more than happy to help him figure
out how he works best. he *realizes* when he needs to pack up & go
somewhere alone to work now, instead of trying to get other kids
riled because he's bored.

My kids are huge readers as well, not so much the stuff I liked
as a child, but hey, if they read, I'm happy!

he likes history, but he also likes anthromorphic animal stories
like Brian Jacques' Mossflower books. he keeps muttering that
animals aren't like that, but he enjoys the story.
lee

Old April 12th 09, 10:23 PM posted to misc.kids
Penny Gaines[_2_]

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

I'm still here, and checking most days.

--
Penny Gaines
UK mum to three
Old April 13th 09, 12:48 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

enigma wrote:
this group used to have *some* life left. what happened? did Google
Groups really kill another group off?
lee

I'm still checking, in case there's something other than spam.

Clisby
Old April 13th 09, 12:49 AM posted to misc.kids
Clisby[_2_]

enigma wrote:
"dejablues" wrote in
:

[...]

You mean the Redwall books? My daughter said the same thing - but she
read them all, avidly.

Clisby

Genetic defect found in a few kids with autism Jeff Kids Health 0 January 10th 08 12:27 AM
UseNeXT offers very fast, anonymous and uncensored access to the Usenet - the mother of all file sharing services. With UseNeXT's unique software you get an easy-to-use access to the Usenet, which used to be so complicated that only internet experts [email protected] Twins & Triplets 0 September 6th 07 01:00 PM
Act could turn the tide on common birth defect Mark Probert Kids Health 2 August 21st 06 03:09 AM
Baby's heart defect meee Kids Health 2 October 19th 05 11:54 PM
Unborn baby with heart defect needs adoptive home [email protected] Pregnancy 0 September 5th 03 09:33 PM