29w check up

Old June 24th 05, 05:35 AM
Emily

Default 29w check up

Hi folks,

Had my check up today. Nothing too exciting to report,
except that my OB was a bit worried about this cough I've
had for a week. She wrote a perscription for a z-pack
(antibiotics) that I can fill if I don't get better in a couple
of days, and told me to take Robitussin and lots of fluids
to see if that will help.

She also told me I'll be doing NSTs starting in a few
weeks, but it sounds like they won't involve u/s, just
being hooked up to the monitor. I asked if this is because
of what happened with Scheherazade. She said no, it's
because I carry the MTHFR mutation (which possibly causes
clotting), and because of the 2nd trimester bleeding.
Should be interesting, anyway.

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD 9/5/05
Old June 24th 05, 11:25 AM
Anne Rogers

wow, time flies, I was surprised when I saw 29w!

Anne

Old June 24th 05, 01:30 PM
Dagny

"Emily" wrote in message
news
Hi folks,

Had my check up today. Nothing too exciting to report,
except that my OB was a bit worried about this cough I've
had for a week. She wrote a perscription for a z-pack
(antibiotics) that I can fill if I don't get better in a couple
of days, and told me to take Robitussin and lots of fluids
to see if that will help.

I have both pregnancies developed a postnasal drip that resulted in coughing
in the third trimester. It resolved upon the hormone shift at birth. I
have read that this is a hormonal thing. I would not automatically take
antibiotics for it. I wasn't "ill". I would have been too concerned about
the side effects of the antibiotics had a doctor prescribed them for me for
the cough.

It was nasty at times. I had to watch incontinence during the coughs and
occasionally would cough myself into a vomit.

Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
RD, 1/05

Old June 24th 05, 05:28 PM
Joybelle

"Emily" wrote in message
news
Hi folks,

Had my check up today. Nothing too exciting to report,
except that my OB was a bit worried about this cough I've
had for a week. She wrote a perscription for a z-pack
(antibiotics) that I can fill if I don't get better in a couple
of days, and told me to take Robitussin and lots of fluids
to see if that will help.

Well, that doesn't sound like a fun cough to be dealing with!

She also told me I'll be doing NSTs starting in a few
weeks, but it sounds like they won't involve u/s, just
being hooked up to the monitor. I asked if this is because
of what happened with Scheherazade. She said no, it's
because I carry the MTHFR mutation (which possibly causes
clotting), and because of the 2nd trimester bleeding.
Should be interesting, anyway.

You will have to keep us updated on how it goes. I can't believe you are
29 weeks already!

Joy

Old June 24th 05, 05:29 PM
Emily

Anne Rogers wrote:
wow, time flies, I was surprised when I saw 29w!

If only the next 11 or so weeks could fly (for
me :-).

Emily
Old June 24th 05, 05:30 PM
Emily

Dagny wrote:
I have both pregnancies developed a postnasal drip that resulted in coughing
in the third trimester. It resolved upon the hormone shift at birth. I
have read that this is a hormonal thing. I would not automatically take
antibiotics for it. I wasn't "ill". I would have been too concerned about
the side effects of the antibiotics had a doctor prescribed them for me for
the cough.

I'm trying to avoid the antibiotics, and certainly won't take them
without calling the OB first, just to check in. This one is definitely
not post-nasal drip based, though. It's clear that there's gunk in
my lungs that the cough is clearing out. For now, the Robitussin seems
to be helping.

It was nasty at times. I had to watch incontinence during the coughs and
occasionally would cough myself into a vomit.

That sounds like a serious drag!

Emily
Old June 24th 05, 05:31 PM
Emily

Joybelle wrote:
You will have to keep us updated on how it goes. I can't believe you are
29 weeks already!

I will. Folks who see me in person seem to be guessing that
I'm further along than 29 weeks. Since about two weeks ago,
people have been saying, very hopefully, "So when are you due?".
Like the expect me to say next week or something...

Emily

33 week check up bookers Pregnancy 14 March 7th 05 10:38 PM
Use cashed check with imprint statement as legal document? Cang Tran Child Support 2 October 27th 04 06:28 AM
18 month check up! Jamie Clark Pregnancy 9 July 25th 04 04:24 AM
Check this out!!! mommy2kaitlyn Twins & Triplets 1 August 25th 03 03:24 PM
Advance Child Tax Credit check question Tracy Child Support 30 August 6th 03 03:36 AM