How do you do your shopping?

Old July 2nd 06, 02:28 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets

Default How do you do your shopping?

I'm full of questions. Currently when I go shopping and have to take the
babies (I try not to do that) I put both carseats in a cart and drag another
cart behind me if I have very many items I need. I took the stroller once
but that only works if I need very few things and they were really tiny.
They mostly cry in the stroller now :-( I can't maneuver the stroller and
pull a cart. If I have one of the other kids they help, which works. If I
have both big kids, they are more work then the babies, lol.

What do you do once you no longer carry them in infant seats but they don't
sit up good enough to be in the cart seats? I'm thinking there might be a
strategy I haven't thought of.

Thanks!

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old July 10th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Cookie

I did most of my shopping online for the first two years and sent my husband
for groceries! The whole event of taking the twins shopping was definitely
more trouble than it was worth!

news:eIqdnYocjvnvVDrZnZ2dnUVZ_oWdnZ2d@prairiewave. com...

Old July 11th 06, 04:24 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Nikki

"AnnRobbi" wrote in message

We found fairly early on that a winter coat in the cart seat makes a
nice little bassinet - they've even fallen asleep there.

Hi. I tried that trick, with a blanket, and they hated it. Maybe the
blanket wasn't thick enough and/or the cart wasn't big enough. It wasn't
the best time of day either. So, on to plan B, lol.

often wished for a double sided hip hammock...

Oh yeah! I have a sling, which didn't work out to well either. I don't
know if I need to practice more or change the position or what.

I decided to just unlatch the carseats and take them in that. I took my two
other kids so they each had a small cart with a baby in carseat and I had
the big cart which I piled full of groceries. It was a full length
procession through the store but at least we aren't starving now. We only
had one baby race ;-)

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old July 19th 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
AnnRobbi

Nikki wrote:
"AnnRobbi" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry to hear the blanket didn't work, but now I have this image of
your little caravan! I hope the store wasn't too crowded that day.
You have two very helpful little guys.

Old July 20th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
TwinnMomma

Have you tried the Maximom Baby Carrier from Twinstuff.com? It allows
you to carry both your twins at the same time. Unfortunately, I
haven't, but I wonder if it would work? And how much weight I could
handle on the front of me

Jennifer
Rylee Hannah 5/06
Haylee Kathleen 5/06

Old July 28th 06, 05:16 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Kender

When my girls were in carseats I loaded them into the cart (one in front,
one in the basket) and used another cart like you do, but I left it at the
end of the aisle and just got what I needed in each aisle, dumped it in the
cart at the end and pushed it to the next aisle.

When the girls were older there wasn't double shopping carts yet so I put
one in the front seat (padded if they still couldn't sit that well) and the
other in a backpack. The backpack was not on my back, however. I bungee
corded it into the cart so the couldn't kick themselves over. The backpack
gave me alot more room for groceries around it and I rarely needed the
second cart anymore.
I think with the invention of home delivered groceries I might do that
now-a-days!
--
Erin
Morgan and Megan 2-15-97

Old July 28th 06, 11:57 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Nikki

"TwinnMomma" wrote in message
oups.com...
Have you tried the Maximom Baby Carrier from Twinstuff.com? It allows
you to carry both your twins at the same time. Unfortunately, I
haven't, but I wonder if it would work? And how much weight I could
handle on the front of me

Haven't tried it :-) My guys are pretty big. That would be a lot of baby
hanging of me, lol.

--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old July 28th 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
Nikki

"Kender" wrote in message

When the girls were older there wasn't double shopping carts yet so I put
one in the front seat (padded if they still couldn't sit that well) and
the other in a backpack. The backpack was not on my back, however. I
bungee corded it into the cart so the couldn't kick themselves over. The
backpack gave me alot more room for groceries around it and I rarely
needed the second cart anymore.
I think with the invention of home delivered groceries I might do that
now-a-days!

I never thought of the backpack! I have one to and haven't even used it
yet. Brock could definitely sit in there now, his head control is good
enough. I'll give it a try.
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99