Ideas for a Grandma gift bag?

Old April 7th 04, 06:56 PM
Jill

Default Ideas for a Grandma gift bag?

My husband and I (well, lol, it was my idea, and he doesn't know it yet!)
plan to give a small gift bag to each of our mothers on the day they first
visit the baby. It looks like it will be while we are still in the hospital,
I can compromise on that as long as they let us have a "lone" homecoming and
some time to ourselves when we first get home. The only concern I have about
hospital visitors is I will be trying to establish breastfeeding and can't
do that with people milling around. I won't be in the hospital that long
anyway unless I end up having a complication.

So anyway I am looking for some ideas on little things I can put in a gift
bag for each grandma. I have thought of a bib they can keep at their house
that says something about Grandma on it, and a small photo album, one of
those "Grandmas brag book" things. I really also wanted something more of a
keepsake type of thing.....

Any ideas?

Old April 7th 04, 07:22 PM
Marion Boulden

Jill wrote:

[...]

How about a couple of picture frames and some nice fancy paper... ask the
nurse/doctor to make an extra set of baby foot prints on each and frame them for
the Grandmas?

Marion

Old April 7th 04, 07:41 PM
Jacqui

Jill wibbled

So anyway I am looking for some ideas on little things I can put
in a gift bag for each grandma. I have thought of a bib they can
keep at their house that says something about Grandma on it, and a
small photo album, one of those "Grandmas brag book" things. I
really also wanted something more of a keepsake type of thing.....

We gave each set of grandparents a Grandparents Book which is filled
with questions and prompts so that they can fill it in and eventually
give it back to T - it's things like "What do I remember about my
childhood?" and "The house I grew up in was..." so that the
grandparents can do some reminiscing and the child gets a keepsake of
the grandparents' lives. Both sets really liked these, and we're hoping
they'll finish them for T's first birthday this summer (MIL's done
hers, my mum is inking hers in now, the two grandads still have to
finish their questions).

Jac

Old April 8th 04, 03:13 PM
Emily

Not really a keepsake, but when I was pg with DS, I
gave my mom some magnet picture frames (shapped like a
train and sunflowers, I think) for her birthday
as "grandma gear".

--
Emily
mom to Toby 5/1/02
Old April 10th 04, 08:50 AM
CY

Things Remembered has some really neat things like that for keepsakes...You
can get them engraved with baby birthdate weight etc.
m...

Old April 12th 04, 09:54 PM
Cam & Shane

What an awesome idea - I hope you don't mind if I copy it :-)

Cheers
Camille

---

etiquette for thank you letters when the gift is not known Mary Ann Tuli General 64 April 3rd 04 03:06 AM
America's Favorite Grandma Presents: Christmastime Do's and DON'Ts!! Mother Henrietta Hickey General 6 December 17th 03 08:08 AM
Christmas gift ideas stellar General 0 November 4th 03 11:05 AM
Holiday gift giving procedures P. Tierney General 13 September 17th 03 05:59 PM