Prayers and good vibes please

Old December 31st 06, 02:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April

Default Prayers and good vibes please

My dad has been taken ill in hospital, he's not been well for a few days now
with bad diarrhea and today he started bleeding from the back passage. I am
in bits, one because I am so worried as to what this could be and two
because I can't be with him. My dad lives in Bedfordshire England and I live
in South Wales, a 3 hour drive. If it gets any worse then I will have to
drive down there but this is going to be awkward because of Joanna. I feel
so useless right now and just wish I could be with him. Please if your a
christian then start praying, if you're into witch craft then put a good
spell on him, healing stones or whatever I just want him well again. He's
not met my daughter yet and I want this to happen.

April

Old December 31st 06, 04:37 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Amy Austin

April wrote:
My dad has been taken ill in hospital, he's not been well for a few days now
with bad diarrhea and today he started bleeding from the back passage. I am
in bits, one because I am so worried as to what this could be and two
because I can't be with him. My dad lives in Bedfordshire England and I live
in South Wales, a 3 hour drive. If it gets any worse then I will have to
drive down there but this is going to be awkward because of Joanna. I feel
so useless right now and just wish I could be with him. Please if your a
christian then start praying, if you're into witch craft then put a good
spell on him, healing stones or whatever I just want him well again. He's
not met my daughter yet and I want this to happen.

The best way we've found to travel is to do it when the baby is
sleeping. Perhaps you could leave at bedtime, and Joanna could sleep
in the car while you drive? Just make sure to drink coffee or
something to keep yourself awake!

I hope your dad gets well soon.

Amy

Old December 31st 06, 07:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
April

Hi Amy

No it wasnt the travelling thats the problem, my dad hasnt met her because
well she's been in local authority care for the last 11 months so I couldnt
take her down to Luton and my dad has been unable to visit this end due to
work commitments. I wouldnt be able to take her down until Tuesday as she's
at foster placement at the moment and I dont think social services would
allow it so soon although they've said we can travel with her in the new
year. I have had an update on my dad and they're not keeping him in over
night so that can only be a good thing i hope. They're doing more tests so
i'll keep updating.

April

"Amy Austin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old December 31st 06, 09:09 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"April" wrote in message
Hi Amy

No it wasnt the travelling thats the problem, my dad hasnt met her because
well she's been in local authority care for the last 11 months so I
couldnt
take her down to Luton and my dad has been unable to visit this end due to
work commitments. I wouldnt be able to take her down until Tuesday as
she's
at foster placement at the moment and I dont think social services would
allow it so soon although they've said we can travel with her in the new
year. I have had an update on my dad and they're not keeping him in over
night so that can only be a good thing i hope. They're doing more tests so
i'll keep updating.

April

April,
I'm sorry that your dad isn't doing well. It wouldn't hurt anything to call
up your social services person and tell them what is going on, and ask if it
would be allowed once Joanna is in your care full time. I would think since
it's only 3 hours away, and family, and a major health issue, it would be
okay. And really, it will be the new year, by the time you get her home
with you. I mean, for them to say, "you can travel with her in the new
year" but not let you take her the moment she is officially yours, just
sounds kind of arbitrary. Of course, them taking her away from you was
pretty arbitrary too, wasn't it! Anyway, it seems to me that if you ask
permission, and let them know ahead of time that this may be an issue, that
it shouldn't be a problem. You aren't running off with her to get out of
the rest of your social services visits, you would be taking her to visit
(and meet for the first time) her very ill grandfather. And again, it's
only a few hours away, and likely for a couple days.
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old December 31st 06, 10:44 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers

April, I've said a prayer. Is it Tuesday you are supposed to pick up Joanna,
I'm sure most reasonable social workers would not say that you must not
travel with her in this situation. Is there any emergency contact details,
such that you could let someone know of the situation before Tuesday? If
things get bad and you have to travel there before Tuesday, there may also
be a possibility they could keep her in foster care a little longer. Though
unless it is a life death situation, your priority should be your new
family.

Cheers

Anne

Old December 31st 06, 11:36 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 14:13:39 -0000, "April"
wrote:

My dad has been taken ill in hospital, he's not been well for a few days now
with bad diarrhea and today he started bleeding from the back passage. I am
in bits, one because I am so worried as to what this could be and two
because I can't be with him. My dad lives in Bedfordshire England and I live
in South Wales, a 3 hour drive. If it gets any worse then I will have to
drive down there but this is going to be awkward because of Joanna. I feel
so useless right now and just wish I could be with him. Please if your a
christian then start praying, if you're into witch craft then put a good
spell on him, healing stones or whatever I just want him well again. He's
not met my daughter yet and I want this to happen.

April

I hope it's nothing serious!

Nan