Little worried (breech)

Old August 14th 04, 09:11 PM
Tori M.

Default Little worried (breech)

Ok I know if I was not lazy I could look all this up but you are so good at
informing us poor uninformed women all the time that I would just yell for
help ok here I go..

1 good thing- According to yesterdays ultrasound dear little Xavier is about
3 lbs 13 oz! measuring 32 weeks just one week ahead (I am 31 weeks
tomorrow) he may be a big boy but I dont care!

1 bad thing- He turned breech again after being head down since my last
ultrasound I knew he did since I can feel him in a differant spot. One
thing I have never figured out is how to tell where everything is but it
looked to me like he is laying sort of with his head to my left side and his
rump to my right side and then his feet are down. It feels like he is
kicking to my pelvic bone. Is there an easy way to encourage him to turn
heads down again or is it still too soon to worry? I was not worried but my
neighbor was just telling me she had to have a c-section and I just know if
I have one it would have to be classic and I dont want to lock myself into
c-section only births for 2 more!
Also Since I have already had a successful vaginal birth do you think they
would let me try to a vaginal breech even though my vaginal birth was only a
5lb 8 oz baby? I just want to prep myself for the idea that i may have to
have a c-section though I hate the idea. I had not even considered that he
would be breech since he had been heads down already. I just thought he
moved down and I was feeling his arms moving

Tori

Old August 14th 04, 10:04 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Tori M. wrote:

Ok I know if I was not lazy I could look all this up but you are so good at
informing us poor uninformed women all the time that I would just yell for
help ok here I go..

1 good thing- According to yesterdays ultrasound dear little Xavier is about
3 lbs 13 oz! measuring 32 weeks just one week ahead (I am 31 weeks
tomorrow) he may be a big boy but I dont care!

1 bad thing- He turned breech again after being head down since my last
ultrasound I knew he did since I can feel him in a differant spot. One
thing I have never figured out is how to tell where everything is but it
looked to me like he is laying sort of with his head to my left side and his
rump to my right side and then his feet are down. It feels like he is
kicking to my pelvic bone. Is there an easy way to encourage him to turn
heads down again or is it still too soon to worry?

Waaaaay too soon to worry.

I was not worried but my
neighbor was just telling me she had to have a c-section and I just know if
I have one it would have to be classic and I dont want to lock myself into
c-section only births for 2 more!

Why would it have to be classic? About the only time
they do those is for emergencies. Breeches sometimes contribute
to that, but most breeches can be done without.

Also Since I have already had a successful vaginal birth do you think they
would let me try to a vaginal breech even though my vaginal birth was only a
5lb 8 oz baby?

Depends very much on your caregiver. There's a lot of
resistance to vaginal breech births in the US, but you never
know when you'll be lucky and find someone willing and experienced.
Still, it's *way* too early to worry, you can still try all
the do-it-yourself turning methods at
http://www.gentlebirth.org/prenatal/breech.htm and even if
those fail, you can still go for an external version at
37 weeks with a pretty darned good chance of success.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 14th 04, 10:21 PM
Not My Real Name

1 bad thing- He turned breech again after being head down since my last
ultrasound I knew he did since I can feel him in a differant spot.

At 32 weeks, no reason to worry. He's got plenty of time to flip to
head-down. If your doctor is talking about a c-section already, he/she is
just wrong. My midwives didn't even start to get concerned until at least
34 weeks, and then they recommended exercises (like upside down at a
45-degree angle on an ironing board a few times a day) to encourage the baby
to turn. If she had still been breech at 36 weeks, then they would have
started talking about having an OB do an external version to turn the baby,
but 32 weeks, no reason to worry. Chances are high that he'll turn on his
own, especially since he's been head-down for a while.

--
-Sara
Mommy to DD, 29 months

Old August 14th 04, 10:26 PM
Tori M.

1 bad thing- He turned breech again after being head down since my last
ultrasound I knew he did since I can feel him in a differant spot.

One
thing I have never figured out is how to tell where everything is but it
looked to me like he is laying sort of with his head to my left side and

his
rump to my right side and then his feet are down. It feels like he is
kicking to my pelvic bone. Is there an easy way to encourage him to

turn
heads down again or is it still too soon to worry?

Waaaaay too soon to worry.

I looked up some info on the internet even though i said I was too lazy
Anyway I was not worried about it then my neighbor old me something that I
*knew* was wrong, but I started thinking and then worrying and then I
posted

Why would it have to be classic? About the only time
they do those is for emergencies. Breeches sometimes contribute
to that, but most breeches can be done without.

From what I understand since I am way plus sized classic is safer.. but I
could be wrong. (probably am) but a bikini cut would be under a lot of
skin.. not the best spot for infection control.

Also Since I have already had a successful vaginal birth do you think

they
would let me try to a vaginal breech even though my vaginal birth was

only a
5lb 8 oz baby?

Depends very much on your caregiver. There's a lot of
resistance to vaginal breech births in the US, but you never
know when you'll be lucky and find someone willing and experienced.
Still, it's *way* too early to worry, you can still try all
the do-it-yourself turning methods at
http://www.gentlebirth.org/prenatal/breech.htm and even if
those fail, you can still go for an external version at
37 weeks with a pretty darned good chance of success.

Thank you for responding! I just needed to hear that I was worrying about
nothing I am a SAHM so I have lots of time to imagine the worst . I wish
he would turn back arround when he kicks where he is kicking it kinda hurts
a bit.

Tori

--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old August 14th 04, 10:47 PM
Nan

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:26:14 -0500, "Tori M."
scribbled:

From what I understand since I am way plus sized classic is safer.. but I
could be wrong. (probably am) but a bikini cut would be under a lot of
skin.. not the best spot for infection control.

Even if a classic external incision is indicated, you can still have a
low transverse uterine incision. Mine were both done this way, but
having the first done low transverse for the uterine incision is what
enabled me to attempt a VBAC.

Nan

--
"when the sun goes down we'll be groovin'
when the sun goes down we'll be feelin' alright,
Old August 14th 04, 11:11 PM
Amy

"Tori M." wrote in message
Also Since I have already had a successful vaginal birth do you think they
would let me try to a vaginal breech even though my vaginal birth was only

5lb 8 oz baby?

I'm not sure, it would depend on the practitioner. I doubt the size of your
first would be the issue though. The birth of my 7lb 9oz daughter was a lot
easier and done with less pain relief than the birth of my 2lb 11oz son, my
firstborn. My midwife thinks it has a lot to do with her being my second.
But a breech baby is a whole other kettle of fish, because of litigation few
are prepared to deliver them now.

Old August 15th 04, 12:59 AM
Sarah Vaughan

In message , Ericka Kammerer
writes
Also Since I have already had a successful vaginal birth do you think they
would let me try to a vaginal breech even though my vaginal birth was only a
5lb 8 oz baby?

Depends very much on your caregiver. There's a lot of
resistance to vaginal breech births in the US, but you never
know when you'll be lucky and find someone willing and experienced.
Still, it's *way* too early to worry, you can still try all
the do-it-yourself turning methods at
http://www.gentlebirth.org/prenatal/breech.htm and even if
those fail, you can still go for an external version at
37 weeks with a pretty darned good chance of success.

Besides, since the baby isn't that big yet, there's a very good chance
he'll turn himself without you needing to do a thing. ;-)

All the best,

Sarah

--
"I once requested an urgent admission for a homeopath who had become depressed
and taken a massive underdose" - Phil Peverley
Old August 15th 04, 06:10 AM
Leslie

Since I have already had a successful vaginal birth do you think they
would let me try to a vaginal breech

This will depend on your doctor but my OB with my first breech baby told me
that he would do breech deliveries on a mother with a "proven pelvis."
However, he said he was one of only a few who would do them and that was 13
years ago. The climate may have changed to the point where you will be unable
to find anyone. I hope it won't be necessary in any case.

Leslie

Emily (2/4/91)
Jake (1/27/94)
Teddy (2/15/95)
William (3/5/01 -- VBA3C, 13 lbs. 5 oz.)
and Lorelei, expected 11/2/04

"Children come trailing clouds of glory from God, which is their home."
~ William Wordsworth