Question to the group

Old August 13th 04, 09:12 PM
Mary S.

Default Question to the group

I remember you, Denise! If you're 13dpo today, it's not too early to
test -- good luck, whichever way you'd like it to go!

Mary S.

Old August 13th 04, 11:04 PM
Denise~*

I posted the question below to another group which I though was OK to
post this question to. (misc.kids) I know it's not technically a
pregnancy group but I know there are some posters on there that post
to this group (or at lease did a few years ago) Maybe I am wrong, or
they just don't like semi-OT posts, I dunno.

Some of you might remember me from about 2-3 years ago when I was
going through my first pregnancy. I know I see some familiar names.

My query below is for opinions only. I'm just looking for
speculations.

here's the post

***

OK, I know it's too early to take a test for this and I know nobody
can for sure say I am pregnant, but I'm just curious what others think
of this.

Here's the facts:

The day in question was July 30th (you know)

I believe I ov'd on the 31st or 1st

At about the 4th/5th I started getting crampy feelings, like I was
about to AF, but of course that was too soon. my cycles are about
24-28 days. AF is due next Wednesday (18th), based on a 28 day cycle.

At about the end of the week I started feeling tired, more than
typical and during the day & early evening. (I'm a night owl,
typically).

the crampy feelings dissipated around the beginning of this week.

I have had light headedness and an overall "ookie" feeling at times

I have had acne a little more than normal.

I have been hungry earlier than my normal meal times.

I have had indigestion for about the last 5 days, getting worse each
day and always after my biggest meal, Dinner. (with DS, I had
indigestion during the entire pregnancy, but no morning sickness)

We did use a condom, but as you know they are not 100%
(side note: a pregnancy is not planned at this moment, but would be a
blessing, so I'm not upset if this ended up real)

Sooo..., any thoughts?

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying,
"Damn...that was fun!"
Old August 13th 04, 11:41 PM
Larry McMahan

Oboy, the pregnancy guessing game...

First there are some slight inconsistencies in the dates.
If you think you o'd on July 31, then with a normal luteal
phase AF should start on Aug 13 or 14. I wonder why you
say 18th?

In any case, if your numbers are right, it is still a couple
days too early to test. If not, you should be able to test
tomorrow.

A couple of other things that make me thing maybe you had
the flu instead of being pregnant...
1. You didn't mention sore boobs.
2. You didn't mention increased urination.
These two are pretty common as first indicators.

I'm going go out on a limb and guess no based on these, but
I could be wrong. Test on the 14th and if negative again on
the 19th. Post again on the 20th.

Larry

Denise~* writes:

: I posted the question below to another group which I though was OK to
: post this question to. (misc.kids) I know it's not technically a
: pregnancy group but I know there are some posters on there that post
: to this group (or at lease did a few years ago) Maybe I am wrong, or
: they just don't like semi-OT posts, I dunno.

: Some of you might remember me from about 2-3 years ago when I was
: going through my first pregnancy. I know I see some familiar names.

: My query below is for opinions only. I'm just looking for
: speculations.

: here's the post

: ***

Old August 14th 04, 12:55 AM
Denise~*

On 13 Aug 2004 16:41:15 -0600, Larry McMahan
wrote:

Oboy, the pregnancy guessing game...

First there are some slight inconsistencies in the dates.
If you think you o'd on July 31, then with a normal luteal
phase AF should start on Aug 13 or 14. I wonder why you
say 18th?

Well, my last AF was a little weird
Spotted on 19th
Started on 21-22

I typically have a 28 day cycle, but I recently had a 23 day cycle &
have been known to range between 24-28 days.

The reason I think I ov'd on the 31st or 1st, is I noticed an
abundance of cm on the 31st.
When I used to do basal temp the timing was just about right.

In any case, if your numbers are right, it is still a couple
days too early to test. If not, you should be able to test
tomorrow.

I know, I tested yesterday because I had a Thyroid checkup (hypo).
I wanted to see "just in case" so I could let him know if it did end
up positive. It ended up neg, and the Dr. said it was too early
anyway based on my last AF (He considered the starting date & not the
spotting date)
Plus my TSH is .88, which is perfect, so the tiredness is not due to
hypo (which may have been another factor)

A couple of other things that make me thing maybe you had
the flu instead of being pregnant...
1. You didn't mention sore boobs.

Didn't have this the first preg, at least not much to really notice as
painful.

2. You didn't mention increased urination.

I pee alot anyhow. It's just me.

These two are pretty common as first indicators.

I know

I'm going go out on a limb and guess no based on these, but
I could be wrong. Test on the 14th and if negative again on
the 19th. Post again on the 20th.

I think I'll still wait till the 18th, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks!

Old August 14th 04, 01:01 AM
Denise~*

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:12:54 -0400, "Mary S."
wrote:

I remember you, Denise!

I remember you too! :-)

If you're 13dpo today, it's not too early to
test -- good luck, whichever way you'd like it to go!

Mary S.

It's probably not pregnancy then. I tested yesterday & it was
negative. We'll see.

If I start or test again with a negative next week, then I'll have to
explore what might be going on with me.

The symptoms I did list are symptoms I experienced with Wyatt & I
haven't been eating gassy foods. This is really weird.

Old August 14th 04, 02:19 AM
Cathy

Denise~* wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:12:54 -0400, "Mary S."
wrote:

I remember you, Denise!

I remember you too! :-)

If you're 13dpo today, it's not too early to
test -- good luck, whichever way you'd like it to go!

Mary S.

It's probably not pregnancy then. I tested yesterday & it was
negative. We'll see.

I tested on a Friday (had all sorts of weird symptoms too and was trying to
find a reason for them), and got nothing. By Monday the line was there.

Good luck.

Cathy

Old August 16th 04, 12:40 AM
Denise~*

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:23:12 -0700, Denise~*
wrote:

OK, I know it's too early to take a test for this and I know nobody
can for sure say I am pregnant, but I'm just curious what others think
of this.

Nope, not preggers.

Maybe some other month :-)

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
Kids should work... Doan Foster Parents 31 December 7th 03 03:01 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM
Yet another "ready for solids?" Akuvikate Breastfeeding 30 November 18th 03 02:15 AM