29 weeks with a little nervousness

Old August 10th 05, 09:42 AM
ECM

Default 29 weeks with a little nervousness

Hello all. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and expecting my forst child. I'm so
excited and thrilled, but I find myself getting a little nervous -
worrying if she's going to be ok and healthy, if the birth will be ok,
etc. Is this normal? I just pray for everyhting to go well and for my
little girl to be healthy. I tend to over worry sometimes, but I just
was wondering about others experiences with these kind of thoughs and
concerns. Is this normal?
Any comments are appreciated.
-E

Old August 10th 05, 09:56 AM
Ilse Witch

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 02:42:07 -0700, ECM wrote:

I just was wondering about others experiences with these kind of thoughs
and concerns. Is this normal?

Yes, totally normal! You may also experience doubts as to whether you will
be able to handle a baby, if you will ever 'qualify' to be a parent, and
other such things. It is all part of pregnancy. Having a baby is a major
change in your life, and it would be far more worrysome if you did not
have such doubts and concerns. It demonstrates that you are mentally
preparing for birth and that is a good sign.

It will probably help you to read up on experiences of other first time
moms. Especially articles that compare their expectations before birth
with the experience afterwards. In my case, the experience was far far
better than I had ever expected.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
Old August 10th 05, 01:14 PM
Ericka Kammerer

ECM wrote:

Hello all. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and expecting my forst child. I'm so
excited and thrilled, but I find myself getting a little nervous -
worrying if she's going to be ok and healthy, if the birth will be ok,
etc. Is this normal?

Sure.

I just pray for everyhting to go well and for my
little girl to be healthy. I tend to over worry sometimes, but I just
was wondering about others experiences with these kind of thoughs and
concerns. Is this normal?

It's normal to worry, but you also have to find a way
to cope with the worry so it doesn't run your life. And, of
course, it doesn't end after the birth. At some level, you
worry about your kids all your life.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 10th 05, 01:58 PM
April & Bump

Hi

I think its pretty normal, I am 3rd time pregnant and still have a long 6
months to go but am already nervous about labour and what it will bring. I
am a little more prepared after doing it 2 times already but I am still
scared that baby will be ill or even worse a still born, proberbly has
something to do with the fact that I have had problems at beginning of
pregnancy. I am also worried about what pain reliefe I should have and am
scared of having a c section. All very normal but if I remember correctly
all fears disapeer on the day and your body just takes control and things
just happen. I am sure you will be fine.......

oups.com...

Old August 10th 05, 06:00 PM
Bryna

ECM wrote:
Hello all. I'm 29 weeks pregnant and expecting my forst child. I'm so
excited and thrilled, but I find myself getting a little nervous -
worrying if she's going to be ok and healthy, if the birth will be ok,
etc. Is this normal? I just pray for everyhting to go well and for my
little girl to be healthy. I tend to over worry sometimes, but I just
was wondering about others experiences with these kind of thoughs and
concerns. Is this normal?
Any comments are appreciated.
-E

Yup -- sounds totally normal to me. At some point during the last
trimester of both my previous pregnancies, I started having all kinds
of labor-, baby-related anxieties as well. The first pregnancy was the
worst, though, because it was all so unknown. I figure it's some
pregnancy hormonal thing going on. It cleared up, oddly enough, a few
days before I actually went into labor both times. Hang in there!

Bryna

Old August 11th 05, 12:18 AM
ECM

Thank you all for all your comments.