how many of you are working?

Old August 12th 05, 10:01 AM
Jenrose

"oregonchick" wrote in message

"Jenrose" wrote in message
news:1123792355.9c9886330e6c06e340a3b7f781e6dac1@t eranews...

"oregonchick" wrote in message
I myself have a nice desk job and am currently working about 6 or 7 hours
per day. Up until last week, I felt invincible. Great energy levels and
was very productive. Then week 23 crept up, and suddenly I'm falling
asleep at my desk at 10am! Whoa... I wasn't really expecting that, at
least not so soon. Today, I got half way to work and turned around, got
home and crawled in bed. Slept for 2 hours, got up and had some lunch.
Barely managed to tidy my kitchen then fell asleep again for 2 hours.

You tidied your kitchen?

I was impressed with the fact that at 23 weeks she managed to get her
kitchen tidied. At 23 weeks, I was coughing my lungs out and any attempt at
housework was just ludicrous.

I gave notice befort TTC.

??? I don't get it...

I gave notice at my job that I would be leaving for maternity purposes
before we started TTC. I got pregnant within days of interviewing and hiring
my replacement, and my last day was the day the miscarriage started (we'd
planned on my last day being 2 weeks later, but I'd done a good job training
the replacement and it worked out fine.) So technically, I left work 3-4
weeks prior to getting pg.

Jenrose

Old August 12th 05, 03:17 PM
oregonchick

news:1123838187.1e0743b042199c9226ef21c60123406b@t eranews...

"Jenrose" wrote in message
[...]

Ha! I thought giving notice was somehow tied into tidying the kitchen...
Lack of sleep makes for very slow mental processes...

Old August 12th 05, 05:45 PM
xkatx

"oregonchick" wrote in message
I myself have a nice desk job and am currently working about 6 or 7 hours
per day. Up until last week, I felt invincible. Great energy levels and
was very productive. Then week 23 crept up, and suddenly I'm falling
asleep at my desk at 10am! Whoa... I wasn't really expecting that, at
least not so soon. Today, I got half way to work and turned around, got
home and crawled in bed. Slept for 2 hours, got up and had some lunch.
Barely managed to tidy my kitchen then fell asleep again for 2 hours.

I am not sleeping well at night anymore, that might be part of the
problem. There doesn't seem to be any comfortable positions! How will I
ever survive the next 4 months? Working is optional for me, but I would
really hate to give up this job. However, I surely can't crawl under my
desk for catnaps! I will probably go to 4 hours a day soon.

I just feel like a wimp. I know women who worked on their feet up until
delivery. One of our friends is a nurse and she did 12 hour shifts until
she gave birth. What's wrong with me???

What's wrong with you?
Well, you're pregnant!
Obviously every woman and pregnancy is different, so if you had a friend who
worked until she pretty much went into labor, that doesn't matter. With my
first, I was going to school full time. I ended up having him during Xmas
break, and I stayed in class full time right until vacation. With my
second, I was going to school part time and working 6-8 hours a night, 4-6
shifts a week. I worked until 4 days before my due date before my boss told
me to take it easy already.
This time, I had only worked until the end of Feb. My doctor suggested I
not work, since my job now is fairly physical and demanding with very little
time to sit or rest. She recommended not being on my feet and moving about
so much, so I hadn't worked since the end of February. I also found this
time I did not have the energy or anything that I had with #1 and #2.
There's nothing wrong with you at all! Maybe cutting hours down, if that is
possible for you, is a good idea. You don't want to overdo things and end
up in terrible shape from forcing yourself to stay awake at work.
I am also sure you probably could crawl under your desk to snooze for a bit,
but I'm sure the boss and coworkers will definitely look at you strange...
You might even have people avoiding you if they thing you're being weird
lol Take less hours if you can. Rest as much as you can as well! You'll
get through the next 4 months and it will be worth it in the end!

Old August 12th 05, 07:16 PM

Jenrose writes:

: "oregonchick" wrote in message
: ...
[...]