Oh my God, 59 Days to Go??

Old January 23rd 04, 05:56 PM
Carol Ann

Default Oh my God, 59 Days to Go??

That just can't be! How did the time fly so quickly? I'm not ready.

I haven't even cleaned out the baby's room. I HAVE selected and purchased
paint and border, though. And I have removed the canopy bed. But the
cleaning! ARGH!!!

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4
She's a Girl!

Old January 23rd 04, 06:02 PM
DeliciousTruffles

Carol Ann wrote:

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

Trust me...I'm ready!!!! ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old January 23rd 04, 06:06 PM
*Kristi*

"DeliciousTruffles" wrote in
message ...
Carol Ann wrote:

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

Trust me...I'm ready!!!! ;-)

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

I'm half-way and I just today realized that it went by really really quick!
I haven't even started cleaning out the soon to be nursery and I have so
much to do!! I am torn between hoping it goes by fast or slow!!!
kristi

Old January 23rd 04, 06:45 PM
New York Jen

"Carol Ann" wrote in message

That just can't be! How did the time fly so quickly? I'm not ready.

I haven't even cleaned out the baby's room. I HAVE selected and purchased
paint and border, though. And I have removed the canopy bed. But the
cleaning! ARGH!!!

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4
She's a Girl!

It's so funny that you posted this today! And there's another post about
about just buying the crib mattress!

I started feeling so totally unprepared for Lily's arrival on/about March
13. I can't remember how much more stuff I had ready to go when Laszlo was
on his way, but I suddenly felt terribly unprepared! I went back over my
Lamaze notes from last time and printed out some lists of recommended stuff
to have on hand when baby comes home. Surprisingly, I have most of it
already. I have to just get a few more things and I have to register again
since DH's family wants to buy us some stuff and my brothers also want to
get us some things before this lil girl gets here.

I really need to get some place for her to sleep...we're moving a few months
after she comes so we're not getting her real crib and changing table and
furniture until we're in the new house. We just don't have the room in our
condo. I have to get a cradle (have a bassinet from Laszlo, but he HATED it
and it was only good until 13 pounds or so). I still have the Pack and Play
which has the bassinet attachment so I guess she can just sleep in there.
And she doesn't really NEED a changing table right away since we still have
Laszlo's. I think I'd just like her to have her own place to get cleaned up
after baths and for diaper changes, since Laszlo's diapers are kinda nasty!

The main thing I need to get is the stroller and new infant car seat since I
*hated* the one I had last time. We're going with the Graco duo stroller
and the infant seat by them as well. As far as clothing, we're all set. I
cannot stop buying her stuff! That's the one thing I have had no trouble
stocking up on! And strangely enough it's the one thing I know everyone's
gonna buy because we have tons of boy clothes from my son.

Ok, that's all...I'm starting to ramble...maybe that *wasn't* decaf I had
this morning?!

I'm also thinking that the nesting hormones really start kicking in now to
get us in gear to start making things totally ready and welcoming for our
new little bundles of joy!

- Jen

Old January 23rd 04, 06:53 PM
Jill

"Carol Ann" wrote

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

Ready or not she'll be coming! I have until approx middle of may so I am not
panicking YET. I will tell you where I am: I know I want to look for a light
blue paint for the walls that is not "too" blue, to match my Pooh border.
Later I can put up a non-character border to go with my color scheme if I
want. I have NO nursery items in this house yet. Our crib is in but we are
waiting until February to pick it up since we are waiting on furniture to
match. (The furniture is discontinued so if it damaged when it comes I will
be in a panic, that will put us at zero!) I haven't bought any decor, paint
or border. I have about 30 handmedown baby outfits in the closet from
friends, a few each of mostly 3-6mo and 6-9, 9-12 mo stuff. I did buy about
10 new outfits myself mostly onsies and things that were on sale. I have
very few other things, just a toy to hang in the crib, one bag of diapers in
size 1, and that's it.

3 families are offering us some handmedown clothing for daily wear. My SIL
says she has some things, a stroller, car seat (less than 2 years old),
swing etc. Another couple has a stroller/travel system with car seat that
fits, swing, and other items. I will feel restless until I get to see the
items and see what if any I can use etc, so I can adjust my registry as
necesssary..I plan to let my mom use the items I don't want at her house,
she is getting really excited and happy. I reccomended that if she does want
to buy 1 thing for her house for the baby to get a graco pack and play on
clearance. So, a lot of supposed prospects but nothing in hand and I will
not rest easy until I know for sure.

The room hasn't been cleaned out, we need to move furniture out, etc! I also
feel a need to start childproofing the house, it will take me until she
starts crawling to get it all done!

Old January 23rd 04, 07:01 PM
Angela Schepers

I'm not even close! I think I've bought 4 onsies and that's it. Eeeek!
Sometimes it feels like this pregnancy is taking forever and other
times like it's flying by. DH and I are going to start getting the ball
rolling this weekened though by picking up our new couch, the crib, and
mattress.

Angela
Edd #1 5/13/04 It's a boy!! Quinn Alexander Schepers is the name

Old January 23rd 04, 07:21 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Carol Ann wrote:

That just can't be! How did the time fly so quickly? I'm not ready.

I haven't even cleaned out the baby's room. I HAVE selected and purchased
paint and border, though. And I have removed the canopy bed. But the
cleaning! ARGH!!!

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

I haven't even begun to get ready. But then, I have a lot more time
than you do. ;-) Going for an U/S on Monday again. Will see if things
are still progressing as they should, despite bleeding (if they are,
then I will definitely have a story to share here! ...but I'm waiting to
see what happens first). If the last estimate was correct, I will be a
bit over 8 wks by then.

Old January 23rd 04, 07:45 PM
Kat

"Carol Ann" wrote in message

That just can't be! How did the time fly so quickly? I'm not ready.

I haven't even cleaned out the baby's room. I HAVE selected and purchased
paint and border, though. And I have removed the canopy bed. But the
cleaning! ARGH!!!

Is anyone else not ready to have their baby??

~Carol Ann
EDD Mar 22 - Apr 4
She's a Girl!

There are days/moments where I really don't feel ready (and I only have a
few days left:-) I think it's just the uncertainty of how the baby is going
fit into our lives, we know he will but what about the transition period:-)?
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 23rd 04, 07:58 PM
Jill

"New York Jen" wrote
I'm also thinking that the nesting hormones really start kicking in now to
get us in gear to start making things totally ready and welcoming for our
new little bundles of joy!

Something kicks in, because I have been good natured for the past week,
whereas I was becoming grumpy and intolerant and agitated. Now I am more
energetic, and worried only about the baby and have been brushing a lot of
things off. Speaking of time running out I am more sentimental and loving
than ever about DH and also I dislike him more than ever. We still argue, I
still get mad as hell- I go from "Aw..he's such a wonderful, generous man"
to thinking I can't put up with him anymore. I had hope to get that resolved
before the baby comes. I hope it's either hormones for me/the dawn of new
responsibility for him and that one look at the baby will make us both get
over it.

Old January 23rd 04, 08:13 PM
Welches

Carol Ann wrote in message

That just can't be! How did the time fly so quickly? I'm not ready.

I haven't even cleaned out the baby's room. I HAVE selected and purchased
paint and border, though. And I have removed the canopy bed. But the
cleaning! ARGH!!!

Who's nesting then? ;-P
Debbie