It's over

Old December 29th 05, 04:29 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default It's over

"Mum of Two" wrote:

My partner admitted last night that our relationship of 6 1/2 years is
over. I'll have to try and change my work days so that he can have Ana on
his days off. I'll still have her nights but I guess she'll cut out her
lunch time feed on the days he has her. Not that that really seems
important right now, but it keeps it on topic. He'll be moving out to
cause less disruption to Ana's life.
I'm absolutely shattered. It's as though he's died, but worse, and at the
same time not quite as bad. If that makes any sense.

I'm sorry, Amy.

hugs,
rj

Old December 29th 05, 05:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In article , "Mum of Two"
wrote:

My partner admitted last night that our relationship of 6 1/2 years is over.

I am so sorry. What a horrible shock.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.
Old December 29th 05, 05:50 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"al" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mum of Two wrote:
My partner admitted last night that our relationship of 6 1/2 years is
over.
I'll have to try and change my work days so that he can have Ana on his
days
off. I'll still have her nights but I guess she'll cut out her lunch time
feed on the days he has her. Not that that really seems important right
now,
but it keeps it on topic. He'll be moving out to cause less disruption to
Ana's life.
I'm absolutely shattered. It's as though he's died, but worse, and at the
same time not quite as bad. If that makes any sense.

(Hugs)

I'm sorry. It sounds like you are taking the "high" road, which will be
easier on Ana. It means you are a good mama. Always remember that.

Thanks, that really means a lot right now. At the moment I'm not feeling
like a good mama, but a stressed, hurt, angry mama. I'm not sure how I'm
going to cope on my own. I'm not solo parent material.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old December 29th 05, 07:05 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
My partner admitted last night that our relationship of 6 1/2 years is
over. I'll have to try and change my work days so that he can have Ana on
his days off. I'll still have her nights but I guess she'll cut out her
lunch time feed on the days he has her. Not that that really seems
important right now, but it keeps it on topic. He'll be moving out to
cause less disruption to Ana's life.
I'm absolutely shattered. It's as though he's died, but worse, and at the
same time not quite as bad. If that makes any sense.

--
Amy

I was a single mom once, and not by choice either. And at first, it really
really sucked. I think I felt like you are describing - like my world was
ending, and I was desperately clinging to a small boat drifting at sea. My
heart was broken, and I felt utterly lost. That was 8 yrs ago... And I am
so glad things turned out the way they did. If we had stayed together, we
would have ended up not getting along, and that would have been bad for our
daughter. This way, she has never seen us fight. I am a much stronger
person for it, although I felt completely weak and helpless at the time.
The hell we go through often makes us better people in the long run. I
don't know if this makes you feel any better, but things will get better.
If you do feel very overwhelmed by this, please don't be afraid to reach out
and ask for help - if not from family and friends, then from a professional.
Don't think I haven't done it myself.

Betsy

Old December 29th 05, 03:57 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

oregonchick wrote:

The hell we go through often makes us better people in the long run.

"A woman is like a teabag- only in hot water do you realize how
strong she is." Nancy Reagan (or possibly Eleanor Roosevelt)

Amy

Old December 29th 05, 04:40 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I'm sorry to hear this, Amy. (((hugs)))
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 29th 05, 05:56 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mum of Two" wrote in message
"al" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mum of Two wrote:
[...]

I beg to differ. Its very clear you are a strong, capable person. You
might be feeling sad and not-so-strong right now, but its very obvious that
you are strong.

Old December 29th 05, 07:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

What a horrible thing to happen to you. I can imagine how scary it
must be but as others have said you are a brilliant mum and seem like a
strong woman. Here's wishing you get through it with the least amount of
pain possible at such a time.

(Hugs)

Jeni
Old December 29th 05, 10:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need a cyber chat, write to
me!!

~Carol Ann
http://tinyurl.com/b9e9r Pics of Morgan