Ideas for birthday dinner?

Old October 17th 08, 04:48 AM posted to misc.kids
Kat

Default Ideas for birthday dinner?

DD2's second birthday is coming up next Friday...
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I can do for supper... I
normally make something like tacos (for the birthdays that fall in cooler
months) and usually BBQ in the warm months.
The problem is (although it's not really a problem, really) is that we just
got home not long ago from my aunt's house for her birthday, and she made
tacos for supper. I'm kinda wanting to get away from the tacos partly
because of this. If I'm stuck, then I'll probably go with that anyways,
seeing as it's fairly cheap and easy to make.
I have to probably feed about 14 or 15 people at the very most, including
the 4 of us.
Does anyone have any ideas on something that's fairly simple and easy to
prepare and make, and something that doesn't really cost too much? I also
don't really care to BBQ partly because N is not around to man the BBQ and I
don't really care to stand outside in the yard by myself BBQing while
everyone else is inside!
Any ideas on something other than tacos or BBQ burgers?

Old October 17th 08, 12:45 PM posted to misc.kids
Ericka

Kat wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas on something that's fairly simple and easy to
prepare and make, and something that doesn't really cost too much? I also
don't really care to BBQ partly because N is not around to man the BBQ and I
don't really care to stand outside in the yard by myself BBQing while
everyone else is inside!
Any ideas on something other than tacos or BBQ burgers?

What about a big batch of chili, with toppings and
cornbread and so on?

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 17th 08, 05:20 PM posted to misc.kids
Shelley

Make your own Nachos? Have all the fixin's and guests could add what they
want. I always nuke to melt cheese.
--
Shelley
mom to 2 boys (6 and 3)

Old October 17th 08, 06:31 PM posted to misc.kids
MarieD[_2_]

"Kat" wrote in message ...
Any ideas on something other than tacos or BBQ burgers?

Hot dogs is always a hit for us.
Marie
Old October 18th 08, 03:58 AM posted to misc.kids,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"MarieD" wrote in message

\ Hot dogs is always a hit for us.

Bratwurst and other similar lunchmeat makes a better target

mk5000

Old October 19th 08, 04:07 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"Kat" wrote in message ...
[...]

BLTs are a big winner with me. I try to pick up batches of bacon when on
sale and stockpile it for when I need it. Then, when I get insanely busy,
it ends up being easy to make, it's satisfying, and not insanely unhealthy
especially if you get good bread and the LT part too! I know I know,
traditionally people make it on white bread, but I love it on pumpernickel.
If you really want to splurge, make them club sandwiches.

mk5000

"I didn't let the cat out
So don't look at me sideways
Don't even look me straight on
And don't worry I've got my hands in my pockets, baby"--never said, liz
phair

Old October 20th 08, 05:39 PM posted to misc.kids
news[_4_]

"Kat" wrote in message ...
DD2's second birthday is coming up next Friday...
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I can do for supper

Lasagne.