They're here and on their own terms :-)

Old April 9th 06, 08:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default They're here and on their own terms :-)

I have babies :-D. Born on 4/7/06.

Brock Michael was born at 3:17am. He weighed 8lbs 7oz and is 20.5 inches
long.

Benjamin David was born at 3:27am. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and is 21 inches
long.

I'm so blessed. Both are healthy. There were no complications and vaginal
delivery for both! We got to come home on Saturday. I was scheduled to be
induced at 8am on Friday morning but at 1:30am I woke up and thought my
water may have broken and was possibly having contractions. After 30
minutes I decided it was for real, woke everyone up, got the kids squared
away and went in. I was getting checked in and having serious contractions.
I thought I'd better go to the bathroom while I was still able. Brock was
born on the bathroom floor, lol. The nurses were going crazy. I made it
back to the bed and Ben was more civil ;-) Two hours from waking up to
having two babies! Fast and furious but much easier to recover from. I had
a few stitches but not nearly as bad as with the first two. Nursing is
going OK. They nurse great, which is a huge relief. I'm very sore though
and Brock cries all the time. I hope my milk comes in today. Hunter and
Luke love them and are doing great. They are each holding one right now -
awww. I'm very tired, which I'd better get used to. It is quite a
learning curve with two!
--
Nikki, mama to
Hunter 4/99

Old April 9th 06, 08:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 14:08:08 -0500, "Nikki" wrote:

I have babies :-D. Born on 4/7/06.

Brock Michael was born at 3:17am. He weighed 8lbs 7oz and is 20.5 inches
long.

Benjamin David was born at 3:27am. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and is 21 inches
long.

Congratulations!!!!
Welcome to the world Brock and Benjamin. I love those names :-)

Nan
Old April 9th 06, 09:01 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Wow!! That's awesome! Congratulations Nikki. You have great names
for your kids

Gosh - they are great weights for twins - well done

All the best
Camille

Old April 9th 06, 09:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

I'll congratulate you here as well, I'm so glad they came naturally, it
gives you reassurance that they came when they were ready, whereas had you
been induced and they had had suck problems or something you might have been
kicking yourself!

Cheers

Anne

Old April 9th 06, 09:13 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Those really are great weights and lengths for any baby, particularly
for twins! Congratulations! You sure had an adventure to tell them
later on

Hugs
Kath

Old April 9th 06, 09:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

That's the most awesome birth story I've read in some time! I couldn't
have hoped for a lot better (hope it wasn't too scary at the time
having them so fast!). I'm very very happy for you all, and hope you
have as easy a time adjusting to your new life as possible.

--Helen

Old April 9th 06, 10:08 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Nikki wrote:
I have babies :-D. Born on 4/7/06.

Brock Michael was born at 3:17am. He weighed 8lbs 7oz and is 20.5 inches
long.

Benjamin David was born at 3:27am. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and is 21 inches
long.

I'm so blessed. Both are healthy. There were no complications and vaginal
delivery for both! We got to come home on Saturday.

Congratulations, and welcome Earthside, Brock and Benjamin!

--
C, mama to three year old nursling

Old April 9th 06, 10:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"Nikki" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! Thats a fantastic story! Congratulations to you all!!I love their names
too!

(BTW my cousin Nicola also just had twin boys Jonah and Gabriel 5 1.2lbs
and 6lbs bit of a coincidence)

Take care

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Old April 9th 06, 10:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Nikki wrote:
I have babies :-D. Born on 4/7/06.

Brock Michael was born at 3:17am. He weighed 8lbs 7oz and is 20.5 inches
long.

Benjamin David was born at 3:27am. He weighed 7lbs 10oz and is 21 inches
long.

On their own terms, indeed! Congratulations X 2!
I'm so glad to hear everything went so very well, and what
nice sizes they were.

Best wishes,
Ericka
Old April 10th 06, 12:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congrats, Nikki!! I can't believe how fast - get some rest...

cara