Waking up shaking?

Old April 10th 06, 05:19 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default Waking up shaking?

Is this normal? I believe this was kinda, sorta covered a few days ago in
another post, but I dunno...
I seem to, lately, have odd and strange dreams. They tend to be very vivid,
and range from just odd to downright scary at times. I normally wake up
remembering exactly what I had dreamed about... This tends to be maybe 5-6
nights out of 7. So I wake up, and remember what happened right then and
there, but if I don't say anything to DH or someone, I normally totally
forget the dream long before lunch time.
Most of the time, maybe 3-4 out of 7 days, I wake up from an odd or strange
dream and I shake. I don't know why, but it's like an uncontrollable
shuddering and I can't make myself stop. It goes on for maybe 30-60 seconds
then it's all done. It's really strange because when this happens, I almost
feel like I'm still in that dream, but I'm not. It's before I sit up or
lift my head, before I go to the washroom, just right after I open my eyes
usually.
Is this something to be expected? Never experienced this before. It's been
the last 3-4 weeks or so that it's been going on. Could it be from lack of
sleep? Too much sleep? High or low blood pressure? Too much on my mind or
nothing on my mind? Any ideas? Is this something I should be concerned
about? It doesn't affect my day or anything, and right after it happens, I
feel fine and normal, but when I have this odd shaking, I almost feel like
it all of a sudden got too darn hot, yet it really isn't.
Should I be asking the doc when I see her? I've yet to have my first
appointment, but it's scheduled for next week. I'm only 11 weeks, or so I
believe.
Anyone else have this or heard of it?

Old April 10th 06, 12:21 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Hiya

(apologies in advance for the long ramble )

As you know, I've been having freaky dreams lately too... yesterday morning
and the morning before, I woke up in a similar state following a very nasty
dream, that I couldn't shake off... Beacause of narcolepsy, I'm not sure how
normal this is, since vivid dreaming is a part of it, but I do find that if
I have a series of bad dreams or sleep paralysis, I kind of dread going to
sleep in case I get them again. This is a viscious circle as the added
stress makes me have more dreams.

On the whole, I'm not sure if the sleep paralysis (where I can't move or
breathe on waking) has been better since I have been pg. I seem to
experience it less, but on the other hand, I am waking up choking quite a
lot... but this could be cold/flu aggravated.

I\ve also found my dreams have changed a lot... during my first trimester, I
had a lot of vivid *ahem* sex dreams... during the second trimester, I had
almost no unsual dreams, and now in the third trimester, I seem to be
getting more scary dreams, as well as the others I mentioned about old
school friends.

Are you under extra, non-pg related stress at the moment? The midwife blamed
my headaches on the fact that we moved house in February, we're getting
married on Saturday and baby is due in June, which is a lot in four months,
but they are all good things, and I don't feel stressed over them.

Are you comfortable in bed? I find that if I am uncomfortable, or too
hot/cold, my dreams get weird. Also, I was very tired during my first
trimester... when I get very tired, my dreams take a strange turn.

I had a bit of a Google... found a couple of links... I hope they help you.

Baby Center has a testimonial, for want of a better word, from a pregnant
lady, who experiences similar symptoms, dreaming about her 4 yo, and waking
up shaking. (at the bottom of the page)
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...ealth/272.html

About has some good tips on getting a good sleep
http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/s...a/rockabye.htm

Sweet dreams

Lucy
--

Due with a little girl 15.06.06
http://lucys-pregnancy.tripod.com/

Old April 10th 06, 08:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"lucy-h" wrote in message
Hiya

(apologies in advance for the long ramble )

Meh... I do the same... lol

As you know, I've been having freaky dreams lately too... yesterday
morning
and the morning before, I woke up in a similar state following a very
nasty
dream, that I couldn't shake off... Beacause of narcolepsy, I'm not sure
how
normal this is, since vivid dreaming is a part of it, but I do find that
if
I have a series of bad dreams or sleep paralysis, I kind of dread going to
sleep in case I get them again. This is a viscious circle as the added
stress makes me have more dreams.

I remember your dreams and all that... It was your thread that I was
remembering... I can't use narcolepsy as an excuse for me, or even a reason
or cause...

On the whole, I'm not sure if the sleep paralysis (where I can't move or
breathe on waking) has been better since I have been pg. I seem to
experience it less, but on the other hand, I am waking up choking quite a
lot... but this could be cold/flu aggravated.

I\ve also found my dreams have changed a lot... during my first trimester,
had a lot of vivid *ahem* sex dreams... during the second trimester, I had
almost no unsual dreams, and now in the third trimester, I seem to be
getting more scary dreams, as well as the others I mentioned about old
school friends.

Ooh! Hot and steamy dreams! lol I have had one of those, and since
that, it's been nothing. I also had that one dream of dreaming about school
friends, well, just people from school, and since that, nothing. I'm still
in first trimester, and it's only been the last month or so with problems.

Are you under extra, non-pg related stress at the moment? The midwife
blamed
my headaches on the fact that we moved house in February, we're getting
married on Saturday and baby is due in June, which is a lot in four
months,
but they are all good things, and I don't feel stressed over them.

I don't think so, really... Nothing more than usual, or anything out of the
ordinary. We still haven't told anyone a word, and like with DD, this is no
different. I do fear opening my mouth to my parents and my side of the
family, and I know it's probably just easier to just do it and get it all
over with. Life will go on, and I know my side of the family will be upset,
maybe even disappointed, but they will get over that phase, as they always
have. I know their disappointment stems more from are WE (as in DH and I)
ready, why do we want to do this again, aren't all the kids we have already
enough as it is, and then I know my parents will bring up my issues of
keeping the house/kids/life in order and keep sanity around... I have been
thinking of calling the community resources and seeing if they have any
support for people when it comes to managing time and money, as well as any
classes or support for cooking and keeping the house clean and organized.
The house is clean, it's just cluttered to hell and back a few times. I
know I have troubles with order
DH and I also had another short talk, again, for buying a house. He thought
something small like a condo/townhouse, yet I brought up buying a smaller,
older, fixer-upper house... We have the skills to totally renovate - inside
and outside - an entire house, as DH is a rough carpenter (framer) by trade.
His 2 closest guys would be helpful as well, as one is a drywaller by trade
and the other a plumber. I know fixing up an older house is possible, and
we were talking about a mortgage and all that, and in the end, he thought it
might be wiser to do this than a condo or similar or a brand new house, even
though he would get a good deal on building his own house for the housing
company they work for. Maybe this stuff has added more stress... The idea
of making a huge purchase, wondering if it's even possible, my family...
Everything.

Are you comfortable in bed? I find that if I am uncomfortable, or too
hot/cold, my dreams get weird. Also, I was very tired during my first
trimester... when I get very tired, my dreams take a strange turn.

No, usually I'm not at all comfortable in bed. We just got a new mattress
about a year or so ago, and it's a decent one. It's a pillowtop and in
excellent shape, and when we first got it, that first night, I had the best
sleep I've ever had. Slept fine on it, but ever since that accident back
beginning of Feb, I haven't been able to get a decent sleep. DD has slept
right through the night since the day she was born. 6-7 hours, anyways, at
first, and now she's sleeping a good 10-12 hours at night with the odd, odd
time getting up, but it's more of just picking her up out of her crib,
holding her in my arms and rocking her in her rocking chair for about 5
minutes max and she's out like a light again. This is rare, maybe once
every couple weeks. This doesn't affect my sleeping, though.

I had a bit of a Google... found a couple of links... I hope they help
you.

Baby Center has a testimonial, for want of a better word, from a pregnant
lady, who experiences similar symptoms, dreaming about her 4 yo, and
waking
up shaking. (at the bottom of the page)
http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...ealth/272.html

See, my dreams don't really have to do with anything at all. They often
make no sense at all and are just plain odd, yet I feel almost flustered
when I wake up, and no idea what this shaking is all about. I've never
really had any dreams about the kids, or this baby, or anything like that.
They're just really strange dreams and they make no sense at all, and don't
really follow anything at all.

About has some good tips on getting a good sleep
http://sleepdisorders.about.com/cs/s...a/rockabye.htm

I'll try the tips. See if those help at all. Anything might help at this
point, as I find I toss and turn so much at night and sometimes even wake
up. I was so uncomfortable last night... It felt sooo hot in bed, and
normally I'm cold and snuggle up to DH who is often on fire. I woke up
around 4am and went to the washroom. First time I've woken up in the middle
of the night to go, since normally I just have to really go when I wake up.

Sweet dreams

Bah! Same to you! It's just getting kind of frustrating that I can't get
to sleep, but when I finally do, I wake up having had a really messed up
dream.

Lucy

Shaking Wrong Beliefs john Kids Health 0 March 12th 06 11:07 AM
Night Waking Jenny Breastfeeding 7 January 10th 06 03:54 AM
9 month old keeps waking up Kevin Pregnancy 10 August 23rd 05 10:16 PM
DCF: Shaking deaths preventable wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 June 17th 05 05:56 PM
3 year old waking up at 3 am Lejla/Lyla Kids Health 21 November 12th 03 03:27 PM