black tie!

Old December 3rd 05, 03:22 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default black tie!

My husband's work Christmas do is black tie, so I pulled out the dress and
tried it on, I wore it about 10 months after N was born, so I even have my
"I know I am nursing, but just for tonight I need an underwired bra", but it
seems my boobs are rather larger than last time, the dress fits everywhere
else, but there is no way these boobs are going in that dress!

I'm loathe to buy another dress, this one has served me well and I'm sure
once I can get my boobs into it I will use it again.

I've been trying to work out who I could borrow something off, but all the
people I can think of are smaller breasted than me anyway, when not
breastfeeding I could have borrowed one of the dresses my bridesmaids wore.

So it looks like if we go, I'm going to have to buy something, so I'm
thinking can I get away with 2 pieces and looking for ideas of what style
the top bit could be, or just any ideas!

Help!

Anne

Old December 3rd 05, 06:10 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

In message , Anne Rogers
writes
My husband's work Christmas do is black tie, so I pulled out the dress and
tried it on, I wore it about 10 months after N was born, so I even have my
"I know I am nursing, but just for tonight I need an underwired bra", but it
seems my boobs are rather larger than last time, the dress fits everywhere
else, but there is no way these boobs are going in that dress!

I don't have an image of the dress, so maybe this won't work, but could
it perhaps work to put some kind of jacket/wrap/scarf/cardigan over the
top? That way, it might still be obvious that it was a posh frock with
an accessory, and nobody need know that the accessory is to hide the top
of it not fitting.
--
Mogget, Style Guru
Old December 3rd 05, 08:34 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
[...]

There are definitely things you can get in a skirt and top style that will
be fancy enough - just go to any department store and check out their
evening wear. I have found some glittery tops to go over a slimmer skirt in
the past, or you can even do a more form-fitting thing all around, just make
sure it's a 2-peice. Women have much more leeway in this regard than men.

Old December 3rd 05, 10:56 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I don't have an image of the dress, so maybe this won't work, but could it
perhaps work to put some kind of jacket/wrap/scarf/cardigan over the top?
That way, it might still be obvious that it was a posh frock with an
accessory, and nobody need know that the accessory is to hide the top of
it not fitting.

hmm, that's a good idea actually, I have a wrap that I made to go with this
dress and had forgotten about, I just have to find it, then I can see if it
will work!

Anne

Old December 5th 05, 11:50 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

[...]

Anne, what about one of those new shrugs over the little black dress -
little sweaters that tie in front- in a glitzy color?
I like this velvet number
http://store.nordstrom.com/product/p...All+Categories

but searching shrug at nordies seems to yield a ton of results
http://search.nordstrom.com/SearchRe...d=shrug&CatID=