Jet Dry!!

Old May 30th 06, 01:33 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default Jet Dry!!

It's been one of those days... Well, weeks, I guess...
We have a dishwasher. Full sized, but portable. We totally rearranged the
appliances in the kitchen to make this silly dishwasher work when we first
got it 5 months ago or so. What a pain that was, but eventually, by moving
the fridge across the room and the stove over to where the fridge once was
and shoving the dishwasher where the stove was, it worked (have to have one
hose attached to the faucet and the other one in the sink to drain - and
after a hose extension explosion, we just put the dishwasher close to the
sink)

So, anyways... About a week ago or so, ran the dishwasher with a full load.
Opened the door up when it was done to see that NOTHING was actually clean.
Anything that was on them was now baked on the dishes... Ran it again with
the same results. Pulled everything out, tossed it in the sink to soak and
unbake food off of it, and did the dishes by hand, the whole time getting
angry and holding a grudge against the dishwasher. Did non-stop dishes for
about a week straight, then finally complained to Norm about how the
dishwasher sucks, I want a new one, haul this one off to the dump because
it's garbage. It doesn't clean, I hate it...

Norm puts some Jet Dry in the little dispenser last night. Magically, ALL
the dishes that went in dirty were now spotless and actually totally clean.
I would have kicked myself if I was still that flexible. This was last
night, I believe. Ran the dishwasher in the evening before supper, then
once more again just before bed (supper dishes)...

So, just before actually going to bed, I ran down to the kitchen for a glass
of water. Lucky me. I step in something nice and wet, and kinda sticky.
First thought is to murder the dog, thinking he might have peed on the
kitchen floor. Slowly remembering that he's been in his pen since we first
went to get ready for bed, I can't blame the dog. I turn the light on and
there's blue watery gunk all over the floor - 2 fair sized puddles at the
bottom of the dishwasher. Quick look, I see there's also that same blue
stuff ON the dishwasher... Stupid Jet Dry is leaking from somewhere...

Oh well... It's just been one of those weeks... I'm just sooo tired and
beat. Hopefully everyone else has had a better week lately I have a doc
appointment tomorrow morning... I have a feeling that I'm gonna hear it from
the OB about how I have still not gone for the blood tests... Arg...

I'm done for now. Off to get some pencils from the dollar store right away,
then I think I'm going to wander around for a few hours this evening looking
for something to do to just get out of the house. It's about time for that
as I do think I'm losing it.

Old May 30th 06, 01:23 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 May 2006 00:33:44 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

[...]

You're such a mommy!
If your OB yells at you remind him/her that you actually have two other
children, a dog, and a husband and will the blood test actually change
anything?

:-)

It's just been a crazy week... 10am today... I am so darn tired this
morning, though!
So much going on, it seems... I did put a HUGE dent in the laundry - I just
have a big comforter to do and a load or two of towels and blankets/sheets!
I always put those off, though

Old June 1st 06, 05:02 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 May 2006 12:23:49 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

It's just been a crazy week... 10am today... I am so darn tired this
morning, though!
So much going on, it seems... I did put a HUGE dent in the laundry - I
just
have a big comforter to do and a load or two of towels and
blankets/sheets!
I always put those off, though

I put *all* the laundry off as long as possible. I don't mind sorting it
and doing it but I do mind folding it and putting it away. I remember
having stacks and stacks... now I just do my own clothing, sheets,
towels, comforters, and curtains.

That's my problem, actually... It's folding and actually getting it put
away.
I don't mind rounding up baskets (I've gotten to the point where I make a
call for picking up laundry, and if either Bran or Norm decide they'd much
rather NOT put their dirty clothes in the baskets, it simply does not get
washed.) and I even don't mind bringing the baskets all the way to the
basement and sorting them all out - at times, that can be the fun part - and
I don't mind putting it in to wash or dry, getting it out of the dryer... I
have a problem with actually folding and putting away... For some reason, I
*hate* folding. I've tried leaving laundry - folded or not - in baskets
beside beds for people to put away their own clothes (Norm is, I think,
capable of hanging his clothes AND putting socks/underwear in drawers, and
Bran -should- be able to put his socks, pjs and underwear away, but it tends
to just sit in baskets, which irks me... I have enough to do with hanging in
B's closet, folding, putting away and hanging A's clothes and my own...
Grr... This just reminds me of how much I dispise laundry in general, and
all because of the end part only!

Old June 1st 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 16:02:24 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

hehehe! Cool.

and I even don't mind bringing the baskets all the way to the
basement and sorting them all out - at times, that can be the fun part -
and
I don't mind putting it in to wash or dry, getting it out of the dryer...
have a problem with actually folding and putting away... For some reason,
*hate* folding.

I understand - totally. Lately, I take the basket in my room, sit on the
bed, turn on the TV, and fold while I'm watching.

I've tried leaving laundry - folded or not - in baskets
beside beds for people to put away their own clothes (Norm is, I think,
capable of hanging his clothes AND putting socks/underwear in drawers,

Yeah, about that. :-) I remember asking Phil how he thought his dirty
clothing ended up back in his drawers clean, folded, and organized...
magic? 20 years of that ****. I wouldn't volunteer for that again.

and
Bran -should- be able to put his socks, pjs and underwear away, but it
tends
to just sit in baskets, which irks me... I have enough to do with hanging
in
B's closet, folding, putting away and hanging A's clothes and my own...
Grr... This just reminds me of how much I dispise laundry in general, and
all because of the end part only!

Sorry!

Try combining it with something you like. A specific TV show perhaps. Or
just get into the routine of doing a load of wash every night, drying,
folding and putting it away in the morning. It'll work better for you in
the long run... when the kids are grown and you're working.

Other than that... get use to hating it but doing it anyway. Reward
yourself on laundry day if you get it all put away. I know it's a never
ending job that no one appreciates... but someone has to do it. When you
are rich, you can bring it all to the laundry and pay for someone else
to do it.

I think of that a Lot when I'm doing laundry... someday, I can pay
someone to do it for me.

I try and do that... Fold what I can and then when a commercial comes on,
race to put away as much as possible and race the commercial to change the
loads around if need be. Such a pain...
Also, when I'm rich, forget paying someone to do it for me.... I'll just go
out and buy new clothes as my current ones get dirty... Guess I'd have to
be pee-my-pants rich to do that, though!