Name Opinions

Old July 14th 03, 04:19 PM
Circe

Default Name Opinions

Sue wrote:
DH are in the very early stages of coming up with names. We have
a small list that we both like. I was wondering if people could
tell me what you think of the names. Also are there any
assocaitions that come to mind with the name.

Boys:
Emerson
Magnus
Elijah

I like Emerson (one of Vernon's nicks is "Emerson Bruiser", actually g)
and Elijah. I probably lean towards Emerson, actually, which is a bit odd
for me as Elijah's obviously more "traditional".

Girls:
Hypatia
Ruby

I like Ruby better than Hypatia.
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [7/22/97], Aurora [7/19/99], and Vernon's [3/2/02] mom)

"Loose weight, feel great!" -- fair booth sign

What does it all mean? I have *no* idea. But it's my life and I like it.

Old July 14th 03, 07:11 PM
Catherine C.

==Daye== wrote in message . ..
Hello all...

DH are in the very early stages of coming up with names. We have
a small list that we both like. I was wondering if people could
tell me what you think of the names. Also are there any
assocaitions that come to mind with the name.

Boys:
Emerson
Magnus
Elijah

Girls:
Hypatia
Ruby

Thanks!

I vote for Elijah and Ruby! :-)

Catherine C.
grandmother to Brendan--Sept. 22, 2002
Old July 14th 03, 11:22 PM
H Schinske

angela ) wrote:

My grandfather's name is Elijah Walker, and he goes by Walker. Evidently the
name Elijah was hard to go by, even for a guy born in the early 1900's. I
think it'd be harder today.

That's odd -- I've run into several small Elijahs, and it seems to me with
Biblical names being so common, it shouldn't be any problem. Well, it may be
different where Daye is (Australia, right?), but around where you and I are.

--Helen
Old July 15th 03, 01:36 AM
Em

"==Daye==" wrote in message
Boys:
Emerson
Magnus
Elijah

I like lastname-firstnames like Emerson. I also like Elijah (but for me
personally, didn't want the religious association). Not a fan of Magnus
though.

Girls:
Hypatia
Ruby

I'm not sure how to pronounce Hypatia? Ruby is fairly nice I think--I know a
13 year old girl named Ruby (have known her since she was an infant) and for
me that did away with the whole "old lady name" stereotype that a lot of
people may place on it.

Have fun choosing!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old July 15th 03, 06:00 AM
H Schinske

I'm not sure how to pronounce Hypatia?

Several people have said this. What's hard about Hypatia? High-pay-sha. How
else would you say it in English?

--Helen
Old July 15th 03, 06:36 AM
==Daye==

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:23:57 +1000, ==Daye==
wrote:

Girls:
Hypatia
Ruby

For those who said they didn't like either girl name, DH and I
added another maybe to the list today -- Emily.

--
==Daye==
Momma to Jayan
#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au
Old July 15th 03, 07:27 AM
Elly

I'd choose Elijah and Ruby.

Elly
(U/S today at noon & can't wait to see the baby!)
28 weeks + 1 day
EDD October 6th

Hello all...

#2 EDD 11 Jan 2004
E-mail: brendana AT labyrinth DOT net DOT au

Old July 15th 03, 08:18 AM
H Schinske

"H Schinske" wrote in message
I'm not sure how to pronounce Hypatia?

Several people have said this. What's hard about Hypatia? High-pay-sha.

How
else would you say it in English?

and Sharon ) responded:

Well the Python crew might just pronounce that "Mango-throated warbler" or
"Luxury yacht". *g*

And there are some who call me ... Tim.

--Helen