A 2yo knows how to keep life interesting!

Old August 5th 05, 11:05 PM
Jamie Clark

Joy,
Can your husband petition the courts to allow him to serve his month of Jury
Duty in January or February instead? Sometimes they can and will allow
people to postpone it for reasons of hardship...wife possibly going into
labor with a child that may need medical assistance, with 3 other kids to
take care of...that might count as possible hardship. Play it up for all
you can!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

"Joybelle" wrote in message
Tuesday I went to the dietitian, but I had to schedule another appointment
since I couldn't get a glucose meter with their apothecary. Damn
insurance.
I had to wait for the thing to be sent through the mail.

I did get some useful info on what to eat and how to eat to control my
blood
sugars, so that was beneficial. I wasn't looking forward to driving there
again on Thursday, though. I was going to enjoy my Wednesday at home and
get things done. Or so I hoped.

My 2yo and his sisters decided they needed some primping, and my 6yo
painted
toenails and fingernails for all. Then Spencer decided he needed some
lotion on. I noticed he had a little too much on, so I went to get a
towel
to wipe the excess off. As I returned, he took off running, and his feet
went out from under him and his head collided with our old-fashioned
register. Ugh... the gash is terrible!! It was so deep, and as soon as I
saw it, I knew, just knew, it was going to require stitches. I called the
doctor and headed out the door with the three kids.

The doctor we saw didn't think he was up to the task of stitching, and
definitely felt the gash would require some, so he sent us over to the
hospital ER in case we needed to restrain him. Fortunately, my sister had
said she could take the girls, so it was just Spencer and me. He was so,
so, so good!!! The waiting was not fun, but S did fabulous. When it came
time for the stitches, he laid down without a struggle, giggled with the
nurses, and even smiled over at me. When the doctor had them put a towel
over Spencer's face, he was okay at first (peekaboo), but when the first
stitch went in, he stopped giggling. I could hear his breathing change,
but
the child didn't utter a cry or try to get away. My brave, brave lil'
boy.
The staff was as impressed as I was.

Spencer already pulled a stitch out by yesterday. He had his 2 year
doctor
visit yesterday, also, and had a MMR shot. He cried for that, but he
still
did amazing well. He pulled out another stitch today. Sigh... He only
has
one left. He's supposed to go next week to get them taken out, but I
don't
think we'll have to. I doubt that last stitch will be in for long.

I also headed to my other appointment yesterday, and I know how to check
my
blood glucose now. With all these doctor visits it sure is hard to eat at
the right times!! I go on Monday for my first NST and a short visit with
the doctor.

Get this, yesterday my husband got a letter he is serving on jury duty the
month of September. He'd be happy to do it, but wow, what a lousy
month!!!
We will have to have the c-section scheduled, so he can hopefully get that
week off.

The cutest thing yesterday: Spencer was singing and he sang "The baby
come
out of tummy and it cry!" and he proceeded to cry "waaa! Waaa!" like a
baby.
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 5th 05, 11:14 PM
Jamie Clark

Conversely, if he does serve in September, he can tell the judge the
situation, and maybe he'll be excused right then and there, but still get
"bonus points" for showing up and being willing....
--

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Joy,
Can your husband petition the courts to allow him to serve his month of
Jury Duty in January or February instead? Sometimes they can and will
allow people to postpone it for reasons of hardship...wife possibly going
into labor with a child that may need medical assistance, with 3 other
kids to take care of...that might count as possible hardship. Play it up
for all you can!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:
Taylor Marlys, 1/3/03 -- Little Miss Nature Girl, who got her first wasp
sting! : (
Addison Grace, 9/30/04 -- Little Miss "I'm On My Way!", who has taken her
first unassisted steps, and has a new tooth coming in!

Check out the family! -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Old August 5th 05, 11:25 PM
Mary W.

Joybelle wrote:

register. Ugh... the gash is terrible!! It was so deep, and as soon as I
saw it, I knew, just knew, it was going to require stitches. I called the
doctor and headed out the door with the three kids.

Poor Baby! That's sounds awful, but it sounds like he was very
brave. And shots on top of it all. :P

Get this, yesterday my husband got a letter he is serving on jury duty the
month of September. He'd be happy to do it, but wow, what a lousy month!!!
We will have to have the c-section scheduled, so he can hopefully get that
week off.

Yikes! Hopefully they let him go, since his wife is having a baby.

Mary W.

Old August 6th 05, 04:17 AM
Leslie

Wow, Joy, you always have so much going on! Brave little Spencer.
Hope he is all healed up soon.

Leslie

Old August 6th 05, 05:15 AM
Irene

Wow, I can't believe how brave Spencer was! (Ds would have been
screaming non-stop at that age, and quite possibly now at 4). I'm glad
the stitching went so smoothly, tho sorry of course to hear it was
necessary.

The jury duty timing sucks - I definitely think this is a time to try
and postpone it. Dh just got summoned for grand jury duty - once a
week (I think) for 18 months! He's done other jury duty before, but
this time I think he's going to try and get out of it on the grounds
that it will make running a company pretty difficult.

Irene

Old August 6th 05, 05:18 AM
Emily

So much for a relaxing day! Glad to hear that
Spencer took it so well, and I hope he heals
quickly.

Emily
Old August 6th 05, 12:02 PM
Jenrose

Get this, yesterday my husband got a letter he is serving on jury duty the
month of September. He'd be happy to do it, but wow, what a lousy
month!!!
We will have to have the c-section scheduled, so he can hopefully get that
week off.

Frankly, in your situation, I'd see if they'll just let him off, period. I
*wanted* to do jury duty--they called in October, IIRC, but we have a "one
day one trial" thing and they just didn't need anyone the day I was on the
spot. 1 month is *crazy* IMO--how does anyone do that?

Jenrose

Old August 7th 05, 05:57 PM
Joybelle

"Jamie Clark" wrote in message
Joy,
Can your husband petition the courts to allow him to serve his month of

Jury
Duty in January or February instead? Sometimes they can and will allow
people to postpone it for reasons of hardship...wife possibly going into
labor with a child that may need medical assistance, with 3 other kids to
take care of...that might count as possible hardship. Play it up for all
you can!

I do think he probably can do something like that or even take 1-2 weeks
off. On one of the sheets that came with the info it said something about
if you have a vacation planned or etc, please let us know as soon as
possible. I'm pretty sure they'll work with him! I sure hope so!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 7th 05, 05:59 PM
Joybelle

"Mary W." wrote in message
nk.net...

Joybelle wrote:

register. Ugh... the gash is terrible!! It was so deep, and as soon as

saw it, I knew, just knew, it was going to require stitches. I called

the
doctor and headed out the door with the three kids.

Poor Baby! That's sounds awful, but it sounds like he was very
brave. And shots on top of it all. :P

He's been a bit cranky (understandably), but the little stinker has removed
two of the three stitches! I tell ya, this kid...

Get this, yesterday my husband got a letter he is serving on jury duty

the
month of September. He'd be happy to do it, but wow, what a lousy

month!!!
We will have to have the c-section scheduled, so he can hopefully get

that
week off.

Yikes! Hopefully they let him go, since his wife is having a baby.

I hope so, too. It's just so ironic that's the month he was chosen for
duty. I mean, of course, they have no idea, but still... What are the
odds??

--
Joy

Rose 1-99