i can believe i posted my subject line, lol what a goof.

Old June 2nd 06, 08:33 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default i can believe i posted my subject line, lol what a goof.

Anyways that's my subject line that's posted all by itself,,, should
say something about a little positive news.
It's been quite a while since I originally posted a question about
meeting other single parents. Well I finally found something that seems
to be a postive move, at least for me.
I had been (and still am) strugging financially, unable to afford
daycare but willing to work. I was beginning to go a little crazy with
nothing but staying at home, broke. So I decided to look online for
stay at home jobs. Whew is that overwhelming, not to mention
scandalous.
Finally, I came across an ad for Avon, and I've only just begun so I'm
not by any means claiming financial freedom, but I have to admit I like
it. It gets me out of my house(my youngest in a stroller) and it gets
me moving and meeting new people.
I definitely would suggest this to anyone who is in a situation like
mine and doesn't see too many alternatives.
Just thought I'd give back a little positive since this group never
lets me down. I can't recall who posted that story about the
daughter/drunk driving but that was so good I forwarded it to my 15
year old's e-mail and she shared it will many of her friends.
God Bless All
Danielle

Old June 2nd 06, 01:06 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Good to hear!
I've been guilty of doing the DT selling for the past 4 or so months... Like
you, I'm not on my way out for expensive steak and lobster dinners, but...
It gets me the hell out of the house every now and then and out and about
with other adults. My kids are nice to be around all day (well, most of the
time lol) but there comes a time when I really do get sick and tired of
conversations about dinosaurs and picking up Lego. I find it can almost
numb your brain if you just can't get away and be with other adults every
now and then.
Avon, Tupperware, Discovery Toys, Princess House, Partylite, Sensual
Secrets - they're all the same ****, different pile. A lot of people I know
with the toys are or were single moms or SAH moms or part time working moms.
They picked up selling these dumbly expensive toys to add a bit of income,
get out and about, have some fun (that does not involve going to the park
and blowing bubbles or similar) and find something they can also gain by.
It's nice because you don't have to look so high and far for childcare (some
might allow children to be brought along, or sometimes you might need to ask
a friend or family member, maybe even a neighbour, to sit for a couple hours
every so often.) and heck, it is a little bit of cash in your pocket as
well.
I'm not sure about Avon, but I assume it's basically the same idea, where
you can also earn trips - the head of my group recently went to Hawaii and
Brasil, all expenses paid, and earn vehicles - wouldn't it be nice to drive
around in a brand new (free) car???
I also believe it was Kim who posted that phone call... I thought it was
pretty good as well