Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have a healthy baby

Old November 5th 03, 07:52 PM
Honey38ch

Default Attn: anyone with early pg spotting who went on to have a healthy baby

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I had spotting at 6 weeks, and went in for an u/s which showed everything
normal. Another u/s a week later stilled showed everything normal, but a pool
of blood in the uterus below the gestational sac. The doc said not to worry.
Perhaps you have had some uterine bleeding which is now emptying out. I hope
you can relax. After seeing the heartbeat at your u/s, chances are everything
is fine.
Honey
Old November 6th 03, 01:12 AM

"A&G&K" wrote
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough

keep me in a permanent state of worry.
Amanda

I am sorry you are going through this...so many people do. It doesn't always
mean anything bad but I can understand the worry. My doctor says that it's
best to take it a day at a time (easier said than done!) and that there is
really nothing you can do to change the situation, things just happen. I
know this is no comfort-- just wanted you to know that I hope everything
turns out well for you, and please try not to worry too much...keep us
updated.
Jill

Old November 6th 03, 02:57 AM
Em

"A&G&K" wrote in message
How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I had several episodes of spotting between 4 & 6 weeks along. I say
"episodes" because I would have a few days off in between and then back to
brown spotting usually after something that I hypothesized could have caused
cervical trauma. The first episode was probably implantation I think and
then I had more following intercourse, an internal exam, and then after bms.
After intercourse, it was pink, but the rest of the time, brown. I have a
six week old DS now!

I stopped completely for a few days but now every time I have a bm (no
straining) I seem to get another episode (just brown mucus on the tp
though).
I'm glad my u/s last Friday was fine and am holding on to that, but I'm
still very apprehensive about the next Ob visit in another 2 weeks (when
I'll be 10w3d).
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough

keep me in a permanent state of worry.

I totally kwym about the "permanent state of worry." I drove myself nuts
about it. Persistent anxiety for me lasted until I could feel the baby
moving (which was thankfully quite early at 13 weeks) and then tapered
gradually off. It had a really big *fear* impact on me.

Best wishes! It is a stressful place to be in.

--
Em
mama to Lann, 9/21/03

Old November 6th 03, 06:10 AM
A&G&K

"A&G&K" wrote in message
Warning - kinda gross, personal questions follow...

How long did you have spotting? How heavy was it? When did it occur
(weeks)? Any specific circumstances?

I stopped completely for a few days but now every time I have a bm (no
straining) I seem to get another episode (just brown mucus on the tp
though).
I'm glad my u/s last Friday was fine and am holding on to that, but I'm
still very apprehensive about the next Ob visit in another 2 weeks (when
I'll be 10w3d).
I've resigned myself to the fact that whatever will be will be and am glad
that I'm not experiencing any cramping or bleeding, but its still enough

keep me in a permanent state of worry.
Amanda

Thanks to everyone who responded ... it has certainly given me a bit of hope
that the Dr is right and everything is currently OK.
Another interesting bit of info I managed to glean from a friend of mine who
is a physiotherapist (she teaches antenatal classes and is currently bf her
toddler) ... she said she recently found out through her work that it is not
uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to sometimes spot in the 1st trimester of
a new pregnancy ... and I'm thinking that could also explain a few things as
I'm still bf DD a few times a day.
I'll just go back to taking things one day at a time and hanging out for the
next Ob visit .... I wonder if I'll get another scan or whether he'll be
able to get the heartbeat at 10w 3d ....
Thanks again
Amanda

Old November 6th 03, 11:15 AM
dw

"
Thanks to everyone who responded ... it has certainly given me a bit of hope
that the Dr is right and everything is currently OK.
Another interesting bit of info I managed to glean from a friend of mine who
is a physiotherapist (she teaches antenatal classes and is currently bf her
toddler) ... she said she recently found out through her work that it is not
uncommon for breastfeeding mothers to sometimes spot in the 1st trimester of
a new pregnancy ... and I'm thinking that could also explain a few things as
I'm still bf DD a few times a day.
I'll just go back to taking things one day at a time and hanging out for the
next Ob visit .... I wonder if I'll get another scan or whether he'll be
able to get the heartbeat at 10w 3d ....
Thanks again
Amanda

Amanda,

With my ds, they could not detect the hb at 10w, so I had an u/s -
which was even better, b/c you can see the baby. With this one, they
could pick up the hb by doppler at 10w2d - which was great, but that
meant no u/s!

Deidre