Family Calendar management

Old April 8th 07, 08:43 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
enigma

Default Family Calendar management

Ericka Kammerer wrote in
:

Anne Rogers wrote:
When did I have the auto accident?

never?

if I start having to record that I'll start having to
worry, any kind of auto accident should be a significant
enough and rare enough event that the date stands out.

If you're like me, just because the event stands out
in
your mind doesn't mean that you also remember the date it
happened ;-)

yup. i know mine was over 10 years ago now, but what year it
was is, well, no longer really relevant despite the permanant
back injury. i held the kid's drivers license for over 5
years, but i figured that by 22 he *might* be smart enough to
tell the brake from the gas pedal...
lee besides, i understand the usefulness of having a car to
getting a job

Old April 9th 07, 03:54 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
andrea baker

On Apr 4, 4:24 pm, "Claire" wrote:

*snip*

How are you tracking this sort of thing these days? A big piece of
paper in the kitchen? Electronically? Mom's head?

Warm Regards,

Claire
See the books I've set free at:http://bookcrossing.com/referral/Cpetersky

In our household, it's rather a strange situation because DH and I
live 85 miles away from one another and we only see each other on the
weekends (long story, but it's employment-related-- I had to go where
the jobs are). The grownups each have a work planner (mine is a
separate page for each day). We pretty much just keep track of our
own stuff, except if it's something that the other person has to be
involved in, in which case we'll call or e-mail the other person and
it'll then end up in both calendars.

Of course, Hypatia is only just shy of three (two more weeks) so she's
not involved in extracurriculars. I don't know what will happen when
she's older.

-Andrea

Old April 9th 07, 03:54 AM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Anne Rogers[_3_]

if I start having to record that I'll start having to worry, any kind of
auto accident should be a significant enough and rare enough event that
the date stands out.

If you're like me, just because the event stands out in
your mind doesn't mean that you also remember the date it
happened ;-)

fair enough, I'm guessing that you'd remember enough to calculate the year
and month it happened, though I guess as life goes on that might be more
tricky.

Anne

Old April 9th 07, 03:03 PM posted to misc.kids.moderated,misc.kids
Ericka Kammerer

Anne Rogers wrote:
if I start having to record that I'll start having to worry, any kind of
auto accident should be a significant enough and rare enough event that
the date stands out.

If you're like me, just because the event stands out in
your mind doesn't mean that you also remember the date it
happened ;-)

fair enough, I'm guessing that you'd remember enough to calculate the year
and month it happened, though I guess as life goes on that might be more
tricky.

Believe me, it gets much more tricky! If it didn't happen
near a move or a birth or something like that, it's very unlikely
I'll figure it out. When the kids get older, there's not this
huge difference from year to year. No way would I be able to narrow
it accurately to a month for most things, unless maybe they happened
very near a holiday--but even then I might not get the year! E.g.,
I'll know something happened near Christmas, but won't know which
Christmas. I'm quite loosely situated in time ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka